The stuff of dreams!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

degruch
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:
degruch wrote:Well, they better bounce back next week, otherwise (provided we beat Sydney), we'll be playing West Coast (and a 3:1 free kick advantage) at home...that'd be the toughest gig in footy at the moment.
dont think so.

IF we beat sydney we play the loser of geelong/hawthorn
Ah, true...but I've sailed past that, Saints in a canter. :D

degruch
Saintsational Legend

westy wrote:
degruch wrote:Well, they better bounce back next week, otherwise (provided we beat Sydney), we'll be playing West Coast (and a 3:1 free kick advantage) at home...that'd be the toughest gig in footy at the moment.
Piece of cake we have a good record at Subiaco.
Everyone's got a good record at Subi the last couple of years, except West Coast. The bloody Pies could go out in straight sets and it wouldn't benefit us at all...we'd be better off if they hung in there. Not that I'm suggesting they're done. I am suggesting pretty well anyone could beat them though.

westy
Club Player

Milburn is a d**khead. How he gets a game is baffling

I'm livin' in a madhouse
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:It would appear the wheels are falling off, but it must be said they have good depth.

I can't believe anyone is saying this doesn't matter though, it matters an awful lot surely?
Why does it matter and why didnt it matter when we played Adelaide last year? Seriously people either have short memories or dont follow clubs in other competitions when they play their last game of the year when nothing can happen.
This isn't just a little loss, this is an absolute spanking.
Yep and probably proves how little it matters. Easy to see why people change their mind weekly instead of looking at the bigger picture. Just look at the papers tomorrow. The bookies will be the only sensible ones when the odds hardly change at all.
I'll be tipping West Coast.

37 scoring shots to 12, don't buy it plugger, otherwise they may as well of done a Hawthorn and rested their stars.

LOL they have won 20 games for the year.

Nothing guaranteed but as a betting man what more could they do.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote:STICK THAT UP YOUR @RSE MALTHOUSE !!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Serously don't understand how people get satisfaction from that.

They won the flag, a flag last year. Against us.

They play for greatness there forward. Who the hell as a pies supporter would give a hoot about a loss at round 22 after winning 20 games wight he best percentage ever..?

Nothing compares to the flag of last year... Not even losing the next five in a row. Well at least from my perspective as a StKilda supporter that has never seen one.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Enrico_Misso wrote:STICK THAT UP YOUR @RSE MALTHOUSE !!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

They play for greatness there forward. Who the hell as a pies supporter would give a hoot about a loss at round 22 after winning 20 games wight he best percentage ever..?

Nothing compares to the flag of last year... Not even losing the next five in a row. Well at least from my perspective as a StKilda supporter that has never seen one.
I reckon a Pies supporter might be looking nervously at St Kilda 2009, but besides that, everything else you wrote is spot on. Had WE served Collingwood tonight, it'd be a bit more satisfying...we've got to wait our turn.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Spinner wrote:

I reckon a Pies supporter might be looking nervously at St Kilda 2009, but besides that, everything else you wrote is spot on. Had WE served Collingwood tonight, it'd be a bit more satisfying...we've got to wait our turn.
Us serving the pies means little. Unless it's a GF.

Maybe im just different.

Won't feel justified in sticking it to them until we have a cup.
Last edited by Spinner on Sat 03 Sep 2011 12:02am, edited 1 time in total.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Well spinner, as a success starved supporter anyone who can get a little bit of enjoyment out of seeing a cocky, arrogant filth side get smashed for the 2nd time this season, by a quality side,and seeing a team that beat us arrogantly in last seasons dual Grand Final, with a former backman as an assistant coach and a former St.Kilda captain in the midst.... Is bloody well entitled to it. What do you reckon? Too hard to fathom?

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:Well spinner, as a success starved supporter anyone who can get a little bit of enjoyment out of seeing a cocky, arrogant filth side get smashed for the 2nd time this season, by a quality side,and seeing a team that beat us arrogantly in last seasons dual Grand Final, with a former backman as an assistant coach and a former St.Kilda captain in the midst.... Is bloody well entitled to it. What do you reckon? Too hard to fathom?
Smashed twice?

If I was a Pies supporter I would laugh at you.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
St. Luke wrote:Well spinner, as a success starved supporter anyone who can get a little bit of enjoyment out of seeing a cocky, arrogant filth side get smashed for the 2nd time this season, by a quality side,and seeing a team that beat us arrogantly in last seasons dual Grand Final, with a former backman as an assistant coach and a former St.Kilda captain in the midst.... Is bloody well entitled to it. What do you reckon? Too hard to fathom?
Smashed twice?

And I would have invited you to look properly at tonight's score, because you had your friggin' pants pulled down and totally humiliated!! Do you need glasses? Oh that's right, they tossed the game! :lol: :lol:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Smashed twice?

And I would have invited you to look properly at tonight's score, because you had your friggin' pants pulled down and totally humiliated!! Do you need glasses? Oh that's right, they tossed the game! :lol: :lol:
Yeah, but they'll probably rebound like one of Jason Gram's disposals next week...there's not a lot of satisfaction in that...they're playing West Coast at home.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

True. Maybe a couple of breaths before the big push.

Still enjoyable watching them get served tonight. Prior to tonight they thought they were so invincible.

I saw the Bombers do this back-to-back trick in 2000-2001.... Well, almost lol

Austinnn
Club Player

Got to unfortunately agree with Plugger and others here. No enjoyment of watching one of our rivals beat another one of our rivals. It proves next to nothing in the context of finals.

I don't hate the Pies, I love the Saints. I feel the same about Collingwood as I do about Geelong and Adelaide.

Seems like a lot of people are more passionate about Collingwood losing than on us winning, which is just perverse.

If we keep winning games and there are no surprises in the other games, we will play Sydney, Hawthorn, Collingwood and Geelong on our path to the Premiership. That's all anyone here should care about.

People taking this hatred of the Pies too far, IMO. Basically it poses more questions about you than them.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

No hate here.

Just think there are cracks appearing, and West Coast are as good a chance as they will ever be.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Opposition sides will spend the next week pouring over the Cats' long-kicking gameplan last night. To overcome the Pies' trademark defensive press, Geelong went quick and long to the teeth of goal at every opportunity. At half time, the Cats had 113 kicks to 66 handballs.
We could do that if we had someone who can take a contested mark in or near the square.

Maybe that's what Ross has in mind for Kosi or McEvoy with Gardi brought back in.
Last edited by bigcarl on Sat 03 Sep 2011 1:43am, edited 1 time in total.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Re: The stuff of dreams!

Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
St. Luke wrote:I can't say how much I'm currently enjoying seeing Geelong dismantle Collingwood! Cocky pr!cks! This should have happened last Prelim! But Geekongs handbags got in the road and they honestly played like a bunch of friggin nancys! What did we cop? A fired up Bulldogs side weary of the fact we took them out in the Prelim the season before.

Ride the storm this season Saints! Hard work over the next few rounds could see us as legitimate challengers to this seasons flag! That's what I'm talkin' about!

If you think this matters you obviously didnt see us play Adelaide in the last round of last year.
I did. But this is 1 v 2. And the Cats are playing on and running like madmen. They are showing the rest how to do it. It matters alright. Just look at Mick in the box.
did you see it on tv or were you there
because i was there and being there is better than tv
no
wait
hang on, tv's better than being there

f***

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:Did someone mention the ''W'' word?

F*** I'd like to see them out in straight sets with a recurrence of the Colliwobbles.
Is the W word win the GF. I cant believe people think this game matters to the pies at all. I do agree though it is great confidence to Geelong but as we are on their side of the draw I dont find it that much fun.
They've lost Johnson and Tarrant and now Cloke's hobbling down the race and will lose to Geelong again.

I can't believe you don't think it matters, even a bit.
Injuries matter but the result means nil, nothing, zero. So far every injury unluckily doesnt look like anyone will miss.
Just hope it's a f-cking template for tomorrow night. One more pub meal in Spencer St this year would be nice. I'm not selfish.
What this does show is we have no excuse tomorrow. The Blues have nothing to play for and we have everything. If we lose tomorrow no one can expect us to win the following week. Huge game and should win easily.
Great post. Typical sense from plugger.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

This is my take. Geelong matched the Pies when the game was hot. And beat them. About half way through the second term, Collingwood put the cue in the rack, and as we have seen against Melbourne, Gold Coast and countless others, if you give Geelong an inch in the form of minimal pressure, Geelong will run 20 miles in the form of 20 goals.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Definent cracks in Collingwood,the signs have been there for the past month. However they were that far in front of everyone it wasn't funny.
They'll beat West Coast next week,get the week off,get everyone back for the prelim and reload. Not ideal going into a final series with key players underdone,it may be there undoing.

I still think they'll win it,but I reckon Hawthorn are a big big show, Cats also obviously

As for taking pleasure from it....dunno,always good to see human filth annoyed, but then I am reminded by the fact that we lost back to back premierships after being in front in time on in the last quarter to both clubs last night. We have minus zilch to gloat about,it sucks to be us

Bring back the Lockett era
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Us serving the pies means little. Unless it's a GF.

Maybe im just different.

Won't feel justified in sticking it to them until we have a cup.
You can't be that different, since I just agreed with everything you said.

Megsie
Club Player

If this game meant nothing then why did the pies risk injured players.
There time is up.
It was played at the ground where they play 18 Games !!!!! a year !!!!

The karma train is heading straight to the Liar of a coach his big mouthed
president & arrogant team of players.

Hope you have to juggle injured players around just as the saints had to
do last GF unlike you scum that had NO such injuries.
p.s nice to see their supporters depart the MCG at 3/4 time....ferals.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Fail to see what this has to do with us, except that now we have two team we cant get close to.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

collingwood were one win from having the greatest season ever.
they bottled it.
too scared to get hurt and miss finals.
let's hope that same fear haunts every game, with players wanting that medallion around their necks.
just a gutless performance.
no pride.
hope karma hits them.

also learned that i would rather face the hawks in the second week.
but of course - we have to make it that far.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The game was not good for us.

It is a kick up the arse for the filth (which they probably needed) and a confidence booster for the ferals. I could be wrong, but that's the way I see it.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Fail to see what this has to do with us, except that now we have two team we cant get close to.
Except that we got closer than a lot of others have.

Saints are also living proof that you can make the eight after only beating one top 8 side....and that you only have to beat them once.

Anyway, when was the last time Ross allowed Geelong to play like that?

Won't happen, if we end up facing them, and they win....it won't be by 96 pts.