Fev: The Should or Shouldn't Debate

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Fev in a Saints Jumper?

yes, no questions asked
5%
yes, with a serious water tight contract in case of idiotness
59%
nope, deadwood, a useless unfit loser
27%
maybe, i trust whatever the recruit dept does tho
9%

Total votes: 113

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
plugger66 wrote: So we are comparing 6 year olds to me
I would not have thought so, obviously most 6 year olds are far more intelligent than you!
most 6 year olds would be smarter and more mature than fev...

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
PJ
SS Life Member

31 year old, brainless loudmouth that has been booted out of 2 clubs, kicked out by his wife and given 20,000 chances to redeem himself.......yep sounds perfect, let's get him.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Hawkesbury Saint
Club Player

Purely academic on here. :D

What would Ross say? That's all that matters.

Saints Footy - Let all others follow.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:31 year old, brainless loudmouth that has been booted out of 2 forums, kicked out by his wife and given 20,000 chances to redeem himself.......yep sounds perfect, let's get him.
I'm 51 actually :(

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I reckon Fevs a great guy, down to earth and 'real'..... unlike some of the plastic fantastics....but just not what we need.

Couple of things:

1. do we need another lead up fwd or a fwd who can stand his ground and take contested grabs? aka Cloke mould? Clearly Riewoldts one of the best lead up fwds there are.....the games changed, space is gone and Im not sure Fev would fare much better.

2. Fwd pressure - super important...Fev chooses which week he wants to do this and really you cant carry guys in this area.

3. Power Fwds...ah.....the old St Kilda "we love power fwds" syndrome....but at what costs???? - weve never had a midfield thats HAD to score consistently. Its time. Id rather us draft a quick, good by foot mature aged 25yr old VFL mid who can come in immediately, add depth and kick.

sadly no...

“Yeah….nah””
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

How could you possibly consider someone with his personality defects?
Would be a great fillip after such a wonderful Saints year on and off field.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Cityboy
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:
Cityboy wrote:I'd take him in a heartbeat while they're premiership window is slightly ajar. Take some pressure off Roo & Milney to carry the goal scoring load. Either he gets the best full back and Rooey gets a breather, or vice versa.

Put him on a performance based contract with strict conditions. I doubt he'll cost anything.
why? because you want to reduce our chances of getting a premiership?

kick it to me, kick it to me, kick it to me, well fcuks you all I'm going to have a dummy spit...oh and heres me on the pine again.
Yes, thats EXACTLY why! Yup. Uh Huh.

GO SAINTA!
Cro
Club Player

Teflon wrote: 2. Fwd pressure - super important...Fev chooses which week he wants to do this and really you cant carry guys in this area.
Ross has kicked the lazy out of players before.

Just because we pick the bloke up doesn't mean we have to play him if he isn't putting the effort in.

PJ
SS Life Member

Cro wrote:
Teflon wrote: 2. Fwd pressure - super important...Fev chooses which week he wants to do this and really you cant carry guys in this area.

Just because we pick the bloke up doesn't mean we have to play him if he isn't putting the effort in.
If you believe recent media articles Fev may be looking for the highest offer.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:
Cro wrote:

If you believe recent media articles Fev may be looking for the highest offer.
Realistically, someone who is famously known to suffer from a gambling addiction probably isn't in a great position to be demanding big bucks…

He'll be lucky if he gets rookied I reckon.

While the proposition of adding a coleman medalist for nothing is tempting, I just can't stand his attitude, the off field stuff doesn't worry me too much, but someone sooking, dropping their head and abusing team mates is just not on, brings down the whole team IMO.

I'd rather we started looking towards youth, I don't think Fev is the bridge to a premiership so I think it would be a waste. If we did win a flag with Fev, I'll be happy to eat my words of course!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

If and its a big If he could get really fit and actually harass and tackle people for 100 minutes and kick his 3 goals a game. hed really help us.

big if though.

im not too worried about the off field stuff. if the coach wanted a team of choir boys he would have kept luke "goody two shoes" ball.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Anyone complaining he has no negative skills might need to speak to Stevie Bakes... Sandy v Casey proved he has improved a lot in this area.

Abusing team mates? You mean the way BJ does?

Our current crop of players will be with us next year, Hayes/Gwilt back, we were good enough to make the finals despite everything going against us. We won't rebuild.

We have a deficiency in the forwardline and Roo needs help, as RL said at the halfway point of the year. He said we'll have to try to get a big name player, I can't see Butcher, Dawes or Clark coming to us - if we can get them for sure, but more likely to get Fev.

My only concern with getting Fev is Kosi is almost certain to be cleaned up at some stage by Fev crashing a pack.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

It'd be crazy to invest in a 30+ year old, who also has a dreadful reputation for off-field antics.

Maybe if he ended the VFL season with 100+ goals to his name, I would consider getting him. Maybe.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!