Gotta love the umps tonight...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kaos theory
Club Player

Re: Gotta love the umps tonight...

BigMart wrote:Been gifted plenty
??? The frees were there. they often go against us, so some come our way sometimes..

Its more norf's stupidity and scragging tactics that caused the frees, they were not gifts

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

I thought the umpiring was brilliant.

I hope they maintain the exact same standard.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

So do I. Another 5 weeks like that please. :D

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

embarrassingly so....dimwit and his monkey sure make sure that the only sides to make the finals will draw big crowds and therefore maximise their next years salary + bonuses

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

embarrassingly so....dimwit and his monkey sure make sure that the only sides to make the finals will draw big crowds and therefore maximise their next years salary + bonuses
Yep that makes so much sense.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

PaytonPlace wrote:
Thinline wrote:
PaytonPlace wrote:I just loved Boomer whinging and whinging and whinging...

If you can't handle the Dempster get out of the kitchen!

How does Razor Ray get games incidentally? Is it an example of Australian humour I don't get? The pumpkin even gave himself a shout out for bouncing the ball correctly at one point...

Becca
His meltdown was hysterical I thought. Nice look, skip....Harvey always cops a bath against us it seems. First he was Jonesed, now he's been Demsptered.

Gee Dempster's having a year...
Our captain got assaulted, landed on, and got himself up. Their captain "lodged a complaint" with the umpires...

Great leadership Boomer. Mental and physical dis-integration. Loved it.

Dempster, gives everything he has for the team. Outstanding tagger.

Becca
did you see armo trying to reason with the little ferret faced rat....wasn't getting anywhere either.... :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

I'm watching the game again without alcohol and I still can't see what we were gifted. I'm half way through the third quarter and the contest is effectively over and the only potentially dodgy decision we got was the free to Jones before half time. Looks like there was some holding going on and Firrito was stopping him from getting to the contest. If that's the case, free kick every time.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:I'm watching the game again without alcohol and I still can't see what we were gifted. I'm half way through the third quarter and the contest is effectively over and the only potentially dodgy decision we got was the free to Jones before half time. Looks like there was some holding going on and Firrito was stopping him from getting to the contest. If that's the case, free kick every time.
I too watched the replay last night.
Petrie should have received a free kick when he juggled that mark, (I dont believe he did actually mark the ball) he was definitely scragged around the neck during the contest.

Firrito was unlucky to be pinged for holding the ball on the boundary line. To me he bounced it and Joey only slightly grabbed him after he recovered the ball after the bounce. I reckon the umpire made a mistake and thought he bounced it whilst being held.

There were a number of frees that were not paid, to both sides, but I don't recall any other glaring mistakes.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
kosifantutti23 wrote:I'm watching the game again without alcohol and I still can't see what we were gifted. I'm half way through the third quarter and the contest is effectively over and the only potentially dodgy decision we got was the free to Jones before half time. Looks like there was some holding going on and Firrito was stopping him from getting to the contest. If that's the case, free kick every time.
Petrie should have received a free kick when he juggled that mark, (I dont believe he did actually mark the ball) he was definitely scragged around the neck during the contest.

Firrito was unlucky to be pinged for holding the ball on the boundary line. To me he bounced it and Joey only slightly grabbed him after he recovered the ball after the bounce. I reckon the umpire made a mistake and thought he bounced it whilst being held.

There were a number of frees that were not paid, to both sides, but I don't recall any other glaring mistakes.
Yep exactly the same as every week but when we are in the negative it is only frees to us that are missed. Seems amazing that happens every time.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Yep exactly the same as every week but when we are in the negative it is only frees to us that are missed. Seems amazing that happens every time.
It's all part of the one conspiracy!

Superboot
SS Life Member

kosifantutti23 wrote:I guess nobody saw the deliberate point conceded when nobody was within 10 metres of the North player.

Or the mark free kick that wasn't paid to Kosi 15 metres out.
There were two of them (marks to Kosi). The first was punched out of his hands. Play on. The second was paid as a free kick for choping when the North player again punched the ball.

Three wrong decisions in two incidents.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

What comes around goes around.
We have had the rough end of the pineapple on too many occasions so I will gladly accept one in our favour.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Stiff s***. North should have moved to the Gold Coast when Demetriou told them to.

He won't let them get away with it that easily.

Prodgers
Club Player

Johnny Member wrote:Stiff s***. North should have moved to the Gold Coast when Demetriou told them to.

They won't stop until North move somewhere that the afl wants or fold completely. This was just to make sure that they couldnt make the finals.

However i don't think the umpiring decisions changed the out come of the game at all.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Superboot wrote:
kosifantutti23 wrote:I guess nobody saw the deliberate point conceded when nobody was within 10 metres of the North player.

Or the mark free kick that wasn't paid to Kosi 15 metres out.
There were two of them (marks to Kosi). The first was punched out of his hands. Play on. The second was paid as a free kick for choping when the North player again punched the ball.

Three wrong decisions in two incidents.
I was referring to the one in the first quarter. It was laughable when they showed the slo-mo replay. The right arm of Thompson swings first and gets Kosi round the neck / jaw area. Then the left arm swings and takes him in the bicep area. Lloyd says what a great spoil. The others chime in with Kosi should really take those marks.

Later in the game Kosi goes up again and the ball spills to Schneider who kicks the goal and the commentators are full of praise for Kosi becasue that's what he's there for, crashing packs (there was nobody in front of him) and bringing the ball to ground.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Prodgers wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:Stiff s***. North should have moved to the Gold Coast when Demetriou told them to.

They won't stop until North move somewhere that the afl wants or fold completely. This was just to make sure that they couldnt make the finals.

However i don't think the umpiring decisions changed the out come of the game at all.
The story goes that Gillon McLachlan was about to wander to to the lectern to give the 'how proud we are to see Roos move north speech' when he took the backflip call from Brayshaw whoe was contradicting his own board. When G McL went back to the board they said 'deal? what deal? don't know what you mean...'. End result was Plan B Suns - far more costly and far riskier. I can't ever imagine the Roos getting any more favours.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'