Fev: The Should or Shouldn't Debate

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Fev in a Saints Jumper?

yes, no questions asked
5%
yes, with a serious water tight contract in case of idiotness
59%
nope, deadwood, a useless unfit loser
27%
maybe, i trust whatever the recruit dept does tho
9%

Total votes: 113

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Wouldn't have him even if hell freezes over. The guy is poison at a club, plus he is way too old.
-25 year olds is who we want, players who are potential 100+ career games for us.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
spert
Saintsational Legend

Lets face it, some of our playing group displayed a fair bit if di"*head behaviour over summer, which in part contributed to our poor start this season, so they are already in Fev territory!

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Hell yes, but with strict clauses. This is kind of a response to a few comments but I wont direct them, as its pretty obvious...

He had a year with rank delivery, with Melbourne players not looking for him playing second fiddle to Dees players... sounds a perfect fit for St Kilda.

The mention of J-Pod is an interesting one, I can see the similarities. Fev is in the top percentile of forwards, DH off field or whatever, but we deserve one last tilt for the next two years for Lenny, Roo etc. He is exactly what we need.

Why is it that 'we don't want another Lovett fiasco', but we are still kicking ourselves for not getting Cousins and we are praising Gardi for turning his life around with the Saints. I agree, once bitten twice shy, but we won't be giving up 500k a year and pick 16 for Fev. Risk vs Reward with Fev is in his favour.

Fev poison to a club? Serious? Teammates love him, he genuinely cares about fans and kids love him. From all reports everyone loves him, he just had a gambling/drinking/DH problem. Has he raped anyone? Beaten anyone up? Beaten women? Cheated? Illegal bets? Hung out with killers? Gotten underage girls preggas? Taken illicit drugs? Poison to a club thats a gross exaggeration.

Fev was playing a different role, not kicking heaps of goals but playing a team orientated game and he was criticised. He kicks a heap of goals in a month and he still is criticised. He is doing all he can in my opinion to get a spot on our list.

Finally, I'd much rather 50 games from an aging Fev and 150 goals as opposed to 100 from a Dean Polo.... now.. can we get Fev on our list in a similar way to how Collingwood got Krakwhore via GWS?

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

EDIT: ffs, sorry double post again...
Last edited by St Ick on Fri 26 Aug 2011 9:03pm, edited 3 times in total.

Strength through Loyalty
asiu
Saintsational Legend

absolutely ... get the idiot

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:absolutely ... get the idiot
In the footy record they have....

(C) for Captain
(VC) for Vice Captain
(DVC) for Deputy Vice Captain

why not...

(I) for idiot?
(B) for Bogan
(T) for Traitor (hi luke :D )

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Boy have we got desperate.

12 months ago we were laughing at the fat useless 30 year old lazy selfish gambling arrogant jerk.

Now he's our future?

oh boy.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

interesting comments
look id take him i reckon but the contract would be 40 pages long
still skeptical but i 'think' its worth the risk ( :?: )

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

That's a Negative from me :shock:

Hold your ground :shock:
Finna
Club Player

Just curious.

How many teams have done this kind of thing and won a flag the next year?

The last I can think of is Hall and the dogs. And Aker and dogs, oh and Andy Lovett.........

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......
Austinnn
Club Player

No.

After Lovett, and after our history with 'characters', this fella might kick a few goals but he represents the old St Kilda we've worked so hard to put in the past.

As stated above, no clause can stop someone f****** up, and though it might be easy to sack him afterwards, he'll still be written down in history as 'StKilda player urinates on Popemobile' or whatever. Cue decades of derisive laughter from every smart arse.

He's a gun in the VFL? So is McQualter. So is Nick Sautner. He's probably a gun because he doesn't have any pressure.

The Lions ALREADY DID what you're contemplating remember; how'd that work out? He's not a professional sportsman. He's a bloke who is good at footy. Big difference.

We got lucky with Gardiner, let's not tempt fate.

Plus not sure he'd get on with a strict disciplinarian coach, and we've got one of the strictest

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
paddy
Club Player

Finna wrote:Just curious.

The last I can think of is Hall and the dogs. And Aker and dogs, oh and Andy Lovett.........
Yes, but did either of those blokes win 2 coleman medals, and kick 99 goals in 1 season?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Our club has done wonderful things over the last 4 years. Unfortunately, Fev is representative of the few things we've got wrong.

The idea with Fev is that he just may provide those few goals a game that can get us across the line in 2012.

People have to realise firstly that Fev, even if he gets himself fit and does everything right, is not going to be the Coleman medalist of years gone by. He's older and the game's changed a lot. Sure he may have helped in 2009 and/or 2010 but those years have gone and those chances have slipped by.

Yes we could Rookie list him and have him available if he gets his act together. I just don't want to go down that path. We already have a heap of star players heading towards retirement over the next 2 - 5 years. I don't want to have to replace our CHF and our FF in that time period.

Let's look to get someone in as a key forward who will be around for the next 8 - 10 years. It doesn't have to be a Fev type. Everyone raves about Dawes and Clark etc but how many goals do these guys actually kick? Let's not get caught up with these goal kicking awards. We'd all love another Plugger but it's just not going to happen in the modern game.

I want a flag as much as anyone but the answer here has to be NO!

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

What's that smell...is it s*** or desperation

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:What's that smell...is it s*** or desperation
wtb a like button!

SHUT UP KRIME!
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Austinnn wrote: The Lions ALREADY DID what you're contemplating remember; how'd that work out? He's not a professional sportsman. He's a bloke who is good at footy. Big difference.
There is a big difference between Lions and his current situation. A BIG difference. When he went to Lions, he felt he had done nothing wrong, went to them on big bucks, and felt aggrieved toward how he was treated at Carlton.

Since then he has hit rock bottom and recognised his issues, has taken big steps to improving his issues, is back home where his kids and family are who he is trying to reconcile with. It was one thing to be dumped by Carlton, but he then had Lions pissing in his pocket almost feeding his ego.

Look I'm no expert on addiction, but I would have thought the two situations would be worlds apart.

Strength through Loyalty
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Perhaps not the same level as the above mentioned players, but it is highly likely to happen this year with the Magpies and Krakour...

He was of similar risk to Fev I'd imagine, not so much on his personality issues (as he had one major indiscretion, where Fev's had multiple small ones), but on whether he could actually make the grade... Has proven to be a good get for them...

Granted he is a little younger than Fev, but Fev's upside is far greater than AK... So I'd call it a pretty fair comparison...

FWIW, Im against picking up Fev... It was Cousins or nothing for mine... Missed that boat, no point in trying to board it again...

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

A year ago I would have dismissed the idea out of hand. And I'm aware of the Lovett factor influencing recruitment, BUT......if (and it is a HUGE "if") the club could get the guy on the sort of contract which would give us a getout clause in the event of misbehaviour, it could JUST be a move worth at least exploring. I'm aware of this guy's character traits, but in all honesty if we had him on a watertight contract and not have to pay him too much, then it might just MIGHT be something to at least CONSIDER.
I considered the recruitment of Michael Gardiner as folly at the time, but thanks to the clubs faith the guy has turned not only his career, but his entire life around. One season with us may be all Fevola needs to get himself right, I reckon a year out of AFL has taught him some humility, and I would be prepared to look at him coming on the list. UNDER STRICT CONDITIONS!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Everyone deserves a second chance and seriously, what he was sacked for was so minor in comparison to what others seem to get away with or that is covered up (Collingwood being a prime example - they have many serial offenders).

So yep from me. Quite like Fev and think he would be a valuable commodity that would come quite cheaply. Our leadership group and coaching panel is perfectly strong enough to cope with Fev and his antics.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Rosco
Club Player

the biggest MAYBE i've ever thought of.

get him into the club as soon as his VFL season finishes, make him train his arse off and see if he is up for it - then maybe select him with our last pick and make him a rookie, again with more conditions than you can think of.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Not so sure this is a great arguement, considering Dew was fat and coaxed out of retirement, but played a huge part in the Hawks premiership. What about Pods? Did he play when they won?

Interesting to see we have recruited Monkey, Clarke (out of retirement), Gardi, Knobel, Pattinson, Ackland, King etc to fill a serious void that we had in a ruckman, now we have a serious void in a good FF...

By the way, Fev kicked 10 today without knowing who on, but didn't they have Jamieson playing against him?

Strength through Loyalty
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
wtb a like button!
maybe only you know what your post means... :roll:

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:
wtb a like button!
I like your post!

SHUT UP KRIME!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:
wtb a like button!
I like your post!
:D

I don't usually read a post like that..

normally the quintessential potters are on to me for not putting the club and the entire playing list on an untouchable pedestal....the village idiot that was sacked the main culprit at the moment....

StevieSaint
Club Player

Ball falls to Lenny Hayes, looks up, kicks long to the square.....FEVOLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOAL!!!!!!

Fevola kicks his 6th as the Saints go back to back and win the 2012 AFL Premiership!!!!!!!! What a story is Brendan Fevola!

YEAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gonna be a big night tonight for the FEV!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

GO SAINTS GO