Enter the Schneider !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Middo
Club Player

Enter the Schneider !!

Watching the 2nd quarter last week every time he got the ball he makes something happen. Would love him to play a full 4 quarter game and see the impact on the team as I'm sure North wont get close if Schnides fires as he brings others into the game.
Have a sneaky feeling this week is the time for him to dominate !!! :wink:

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
spert
Saintsational Legend

Seems to be very hot and cold this year like many of our senior players- it is time he strung a few consistant quarters together.

saint tash
Club Player

spert wrote:Seems to be very hot and cold this year like many of our senior players- it is time he strung a few consistant quarters together.
Against quality sides.

Oh when the saints go charging in!
Saints43
Club Player

Re: Enter the Schneider !!

Middo wrote:Watching the 2nd quarter last week every time he got the ball he makes something happen. Would love him to play a full 4 quarter game and see the impact on the team as I'm sure North wont get close if Schnides fires as he brings others into the game.
I'm already feeling pessimistic enough about this week without thinking we're relying on AS to play four quarters.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Enter the Schneider !!

Middo wrote:Watching the 2nd quarter last week every time he got the ball he makes something happen. Would love him to play a full 4 quarter game and see the impact on the team as I'm sure North wont get close if Schnides fires as he brings others into the game.
While I do agree that he often makes things happen, his error (smothered running into an open goal) with a minute remaining in the 2nd quarter on Sunday was as critical as it gets. Should have put us 22 points up, as it was Sydney took it up the other end and McVeigh goaled with 17 seconds left in the half, margin 10 pts.

goddardisgod
Club Player

I think that schneids would be great off half back; similar to Yarran, Davis, Harbrow etc

Unfortunately, we are w/out forwards, so he must stay there. Perhaps next year, when Crippa, square and Sippa are back.

clisaint
Club Player

saint tash wrote:
spert wrote:Seems to be very hot and cold this year like many of our senior players- it is time he strung a few consistant quarters together.
Against quality sides.
In big games.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

goddardisgod wrote:I think that schneids would be great off half back; similar to Yarran, Davis, Harbrow etc

Unfortunately, we are w/out forwards, so he must stay there. Perhaps next year, when Crippa, square and Sippa are back.
Schneider isn't fit enough to play off half back. Nor is he fit enough to play four great quarters.

He's got terrific skills, but - as we know - he is the sort of bloke who will drink 17 standard drinks at one sitting. That type of bloke doesn't tend to operate at the ultimate level of fitness.

What you get with Schneider is what you get. I'm pretty happy on the whole, but that's because I accept that he is going to be a regular contributor to our wins, but is only periodically going to make it into the list of BOG.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
gringo
Saintsational Legend

A bit tough on Schnieder, most small forwards tend to struggle in big games where there is less lose ball in the forward line and less room to manoeuvre because the opposition structure it better and they play closer attention. Stevie Johnson tends to even go missing in a lot of big games too, it's not just our guys.

Saints43
Club Player

gringo wrote:A bit tough on Schnieder, most small forwards tend to struggle in big games where there is less lose ball in the forward line and less room to manoeuvre because the opposition structure it better and they play closer attention. Stevie Johnson tends to even go missing in a lot of big games too, it's not just our guys.
You make it sound like small forwards at St Kilda stand in the pocket waiting for the ball to be delivered to that area of the ground.

Our small forwards play 50% of the match just in front of the half back flank.

Schneider doesn't struggle to get kicks for long periods of matches because he is isolated from the ball.

As noted above: He is a fat (AFL), lazy (AFL), alcho (AFL), top ten paid (St Kilda) bloke who picks and chooses when to be involved and, as a side interest, can turn a game on it's head.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

True Schnieder gets around the ground a fair bit but the rest of those comments are just speculative. He may just be built like a potato, doesn't mean he is unfit. As for the alcho thing, I would say that like many aussie blokes he gets out end of season and tries to binge drink his frontal lobe away, doesn't mean he drinks regularly even. He is a good to very good player for us and I haven't seen his contract but would think that the 10th highest paid player would be around the mark for Schnieds.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Incredibly inconsistent and against quality struggles to have impact.

If Saints are 8 goals up - expect Schneider to get on the end of a few.
If we are 8 down - get the binoculars out to find him...

Can play smart footy then make the what appears simple..........mindboggling hard........

“Yeah….nah””
gringo
Saintsational Legend

How many times has he been the guy that got the goal when we needed the freak one. People judge on the last five games and pay no reference to any of the good deeds these guys do. milnie has been in vintage form this year but he is often the one under fire, Schnides is copping it this year.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:How many times has he been the guy that got the goal when we needed the freak one. People judge on the last five games and pay no reference to any of the good deeds these guys do. milnie has been in vintage form this year but he is often the one under fire, Schnides is copping it this year.
Id think Milnes been the one you would argue has kept our fwd line moving in his own at times.........Im not sure Schneiderf has and hes one of my favorite players.....

sometimes it is what it is.....

“Yeah….nah””