Effect of RL/Melbourne situation on team psyche

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Effect of RL/Melbourne situation on team psyche

I can't help but feel that the whole media circus around the offer Melbourne purportedly made to RL will have a negative effect on the team psyche.

I simply base this on the fact that for me personally, I was still thinking about a premiership this time last week, whereas now, all I'm thinking about is next year and whether or not we'll have the same coach and what our list will be and whether our game plan will change.

Is it possible the same sort of complacency/lack of concern for this year could settle in amongst the playing group.

Or could the opposite be true? They'll fight harder to show the coach they play for him??

What are your thoughts on how the RL/Melb scenario will effect the team, if at all??

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
stinger
Saintsational Legend

a minus not a plus...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

How do you know that Ross hasn't told the players exactly what his plans are. The "bubble" will not let that info out.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

IMO, I doubt they will even give it a thought.

Buckets
SS Life Member

tony74 wrote:How do you know that Ross hasn't told the players exactly what his plans are. The "bubble" will not let that info out.
My thinking exactly. Wouldn't be surprised that Ross has been up front with the boys in all aspects. A way to strengthen team resolve!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you