TOMMY WALSH MUST PLAY THIS WEEK

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

doggerel
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
Ben has had a superb last month, but Mummford mastered him today (25 vs 22).
Mumford almost cost me my Supercoach final today (the other guy had him) so I am well aware of the Stats: Mumford 54 Hitouts to McEvoy 25.

St Kilda Social Club member since 1996
matrix
Saintsational Legend

rest roo
bring in tw

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:rest roo
bring in tw
Roo to sub, bring in TW :wink:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

nope full game

if the capt is proppy then he doesnt play
sorry, but he looked a beaten man yesterday after that knock
if koz still has the shites and roo is no good then tommy and johnson come in

F*** it

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

If Walsh does not get selected to play this week then Lyon should drop himself.

Walsh should have been playing and gaining valuable experience from at least round 8

A season wasted where Walsh could have been primed for an even bigger 2012, instead of being conservative and treading water with retreads and players who are never going to take us to a premiership

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:If Walsh does not get selected to play this week then Lyon should drop himself.

Walsh should have been playing and gaining valuable experience from at least round 8

A season wasted where Walsh could have been primed for an even bigger 2012, instead of being conservative and treading water with retreads and players who are never going to take us to a premiership
Your normal standard post.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:If Walsh does not get selected to play this week then Lyon should drop himself.

Visionary

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Furphy wrote:There's a heck of a lot at stake next week & it would be a bold move indeed to give TW his debut under these circumstances.

there was yesterday too...didn't stop them playing another tom.... :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Visionary

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Furphy wrote:There's a heck of a lot at stake next week & it would be a bold move indeed to give TW his debut under these circumstances.

Bold move NO

Smart move YES

but it would have been a whole lot smarter to have been playing him since May, not the end of August

You would have to be a ding bat and bat shyte crazy to not select him NOW

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

Bold move NO

Smart move YES

but it would have been a whole lot smarter to have been playing him since May, not the end of August

Have you actually seen him play?

have you a clue what you are talking about?

Rix Rox Rux????

Fair Dinkum, the guy will get a game, and I hope he plays 8 seasons for us, but let the guy learn how to play the game FFS.

I doubt if he has played 30 games of Aussie Rules.

This demanding smacks of desperation.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Well, we could do with another genuine key forward prospect to ease the enormous burden that the skipper insists on carrying.

Not a ruckman like Kosi or a third tall like Gamble or Lynch, but a genuine key forward prospect.

So who is around and in form?

Hey, how about the guy who kicked six in the reserves on the weekend?

It's a no brainer.

Does it guarantee he's going to kick a bag and star in a win?

Far from it, but he's earned a shot at it.

In: Zac, Kosi (second ruck), Walsh
Out: Lynch, Baker. Blake

Austinnn
Club Player

I think most of us agree that Barks4Eva is overegging it (from what I've seen so far this seems to be his 'style'), and he is wrong about TW needing to be in months ago,

but BigCarl is exactly right here with his Ins/Outs.

It's time to give him a go. He's been played as a backman to learn the game, just like Kosi was in his first year, he's kicked a bag as a key forward in a tough tight game in the VFL.

We should at least give him a taste of the top level. Not because he'll walk out if we don't. Not because he's from Ireland. Because we DESPERATELY need good forwards. He is big and strong can run, can contest, and can kick more than one or two. Maybe he won't be much, but who is ahead of him? Not even Roo right now. We need to try something.

Back at home and sparked up by the losses of the past weeks and finals to play for, expect an improvement across the whole team, but they need a focal point by the goal.

One bad game won't destroy his confidence or our hope. It will give him and us knowledge. I can't see why we wouldn't put him in.

Some people are saying we need to save him for the X factor in the finals - at least they were before Sunday! This X factor will be have to be Cripps or Siposs, let's start getting Walsh ready now.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Buckets
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

Bold move NO

Smart move YES

Have you actually seen him play?

have you a clue what you are talking about?

Rix Rox Rux????

Fair Dinkum, the guy will get a game, and I hope he plays 8 seasons for us, but let the guy learn how to play the game FFS.

I doubt if he has played 30 games of Aussie Rules.

This demanding smacks of desperation.

It's when this forum get's this desperate to debut a guy who has less than 2 seasons in the game in a lower level.

Yep I think it's curtains for us this year.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote: It's when this forum get's this desperate to debut a guy who has less than 2 seasons in the game in a lower level
Form is the best indicator of whether a player is ready.

Buckets
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:
Buckets wrote: It's when this forum get's this desperate to debut a guy who has less than 2 seasons in the game in a lower level
Yes but when he doesnt kick 5 goals in his first match the same people on this forum will be calling him a dud!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
Yes but when he doesnt kick 5 goals in his first match the same people on this forum will be calling him a dud!
Not me. I just think he's earned a crack at it ahead of, say, Lynch on Sunday's showing. I'd be happy if he could just draw a player away from Riewoldt and offer an alternative target.
Last edited by bigcarl on Mon 22 Aug 2011 11:24pm, edited 1 time in total.

Buckets
SS Life Member

To me I wouldn't be surprised to see Lyon upgrade him in the Draft and have him prepared to play from Rd 1 2012.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:To me I wouldn't be surprised to see Lyon upgrade him in the Draft and have him prepared to play from Rd 1 2012.
I think the upgrading's a no brainer.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:To me I wouldn't be surprised to see Lyon upgrade him in the Draft and have him prepared to play from Rd 1 2012.
Nor would that surprise me.

But the structural problems need to be addressed now, not next year.

saintjake
Club Player

From Ross comments on OWAAT
Seems like Walsh won't get a call up but is seen as a big bustling full forward "we think we have one" "been a little bit frustrated with his lack of opportunity"
Seem to hint that we will see a combination of Goddard Roo and Koso forward this week.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:From Ross comments on OWAAT
Seems like Walsh won't get a call up but is seen as a big bustling full forward "we think we have one" "been a little bit frustrated with his lack of opportunity"
Seem to hint that we will see a combination of Goddard Roo and Koso forward this week.
That's assuming Ross is telling the truth. :wink:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:From Ross comments on OWAAT
Interesting, but of course Ross doesn't postulate through the media.

Buckets
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:

I honestly think this year is over. Even if we make it to the finals, I cant see the current line up even with Walsh included get past the 2nd week.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

I honestly think this year is over. Even if we make it to the finals, I cant see the current line up even with Walsh included get past the 2nd week.
You may be right and, if so, what is there to lose by rolling the dice?