Players cant wait for season to end!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Players cant wait for season to end!

It looked like the entire SAINTS team couldn't wait for season to end yesterday! The whole team looked like they just wished that was there last game for the season. They were despondent lacked energy and lacked any run what so ever.

They are all emotionally and physically spent and will not trouble anyone if we do make the finals. Too be honest it was like watching the team in the 2010 GF replay...

ROO appears to be one of the worst affected. That kick he had twenty five out in the last quarter - was evidence of that. The Sydney cheer squad got stuck into him while he was preparing and he just lost it = out on the full.

I apologise if I offend anyone but 2011 is a lost cause - lets start preparing for 2012 !
Last edited by WinnersOnly on Mon 22 Aug 2011 10:45am, edited 1 time in total.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Why wouldnt you continue to at least try and play finals if you can. What does 2 or 3 weeks matter. What can you actually do now to prepare for 2012 anyway?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Yay - another thread suggesting we should all just give up.

Grow a heart everyone, why don't you all give up posting until next year too if we're so shot…

matrix
Saintsational Legend

im starting to feel the same way

bring on the NBL :?

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Bring on the prozac :roll: :wink:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Its worth gettign to the finals only if it is to blood some younger players in finals experience.

Wouldn't that be a good preparation to 2012?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

yup
playing finals is a no brainer

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

YARP!!!!! Bring on T Walsh (AND the prozac :wink: )

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

We can't just "throw in the towel" because it's "too hard." :evil: :evil:

It's our opportunity to re-load for next week. The Swans did against us, so let's see how big the boy's heart's are. :!: :!:

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Its worth gettign to the finals only if it is to blood some younger players in finals experience.

If we actually make the finals, do you think RL will actually "play the kids"?

Going by his selections so far in his coaching career this will not occur. He will play the most experienced side he can get his hands on even if their form doesn't warrant it.

Same old same old (so to speak).

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Its worth gettign to the finals only if it is to blood some younger players in finals experience.

If we actually make the finals, do you think RL will actually "play the kids"?

Going by his selections so far in his coaching career this will not occur. He will play the most experienced side he can get his hands on even if their form doesn't warrant it.

Same old same old (so to speak).
Not necessarily.

If we "fall in" and have no realistic prospect of going all the way, Ross may very well adopt a different approach. He may choose to roll the dice.

However it's going to be hard for him to play too many kids given a lot of them are out for the season while others will be lacking match fitness.

If the team's not full of kids it's not necessarily because Lyon is "playing safe".

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Hey Junctionoval me old mate! I'm just putting the tongue in the cheekski! If you think the Jiggster is about to throw in the towel just get around to aisle 18/19 level one this Saturday!!!!! :lol:

Austinnn
Club Player

to the supporters talking about starting 2012 now;

GROW

A

SPINE

We've lost games before, we'll lose them again. We don't throw in the towel. Back at Etihad, Roos are waiting. Easy meat... for us. Expect a few players to be a bit more awake, such as Monty, Milne McEvoy and Gilbert, slot Kosi and Zac back in, Kosi helps McEvoy, Zac shores up FB possie, Raph to play the full game, perhaps Walsh replaces Lynch taking some heat off Reiwoldt, or even rest the capt for a game.

In short we were bad against the Swans, we were only lucky they were so poor at goalkicking. Doesn't mean that we are done. Just looks that way after 2 losses. Keep punching!

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I was under the impression half the team had gastro? They looked pretty flat. This week will determine whether we're switched on or not.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:I was under the impression half the team had gastro? They looked pretty flat. This week will determine whether we're switched on or not.
So what you're saying is that it wasn't mud on the field?

Middo
Club Player

Re: Players cant wait for season to end!

[quote="WinnersOnly"]It looked like the entire SAINTS team couldn't wait for season to end yesterday! The whole team looked like they just wished that was there last game for the season. They were despondent lacked energy and lacked any run what so ever.

They are all emotionally and physically spent and will not trouble anyone if we do make the finals. Too be honest it was like watching the team in the 2010 GF replay...

ROO appears to be one of the worst affected. That kick he had twenty five out in the last quarter - was evidence of that. The Sydney cheer squad got stuck into him while he was preparing and he just lost it = out on the full.

I apologise if I offend anyone but 2011 is a lost cause - lets start preparing for 2012 !

Apology accepted , you should take a long hard look in the mirror and not come on after a loss with such revealing comments ...not.... looked like the ground and a hard fought contest the week before plus some sickness were the reasons and yes I want to play finals again , just imagine being a Richmond fan and longing to play in just one final..?

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:to the supporters talking about starting 2012 now;

GROW

A

SPINE

We've lost games before, we'll lose them again. We don't throw in the towel. Back at Etihad, Roos are waiting. Easy meat... for us. Expect a few players to be a bit more awake, such as Monty, Milne McEvoy and Gilbert, slot Kosi and Zac back in, Kosi helps McEvoy, Zac shores up FB possie, Raph to play the full game, perhaps Walsh replaces Lynch taking some heat off Reiwoldt, or even rest the capt for a game.

In short we were bad against the Swans, we were only lucky they were so poor at goalkicking. Doesn't mean that we are done. Just looks that way after 2 losses. Keep punching!
You are going to be mighty disappointed in a few weeks.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:I was under the impression half the team had gastro? They looked pretty flat. This week will determine whether we're switched on or not.
Yep, I agree.

Looking at a close up of Milney pre match he looked a bit off colour.

Add to that a clearly dangerous surface unsafe for any kind of sport, and
No wonder they played like girls.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
So what you're saying is that it wasn't mud on the field?
:lol: I didn't think that's what it might have been.

Put it this way, we sure looked pretty bad up against a side we should have smashed.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Players cant wait for season to end!

WinnersOnly wrote:It looked like the entire SAINTS team couldn't wait for season to end yesterday! The whole team looked like they just wished that was there last game for the season. They were despondent lacked energy and lacked any run what so ever.

You at least made the effort to write a note before jumping off the bridge.

Your suicide in the 2011 season will at least be acknowledged as not being an entirely selfish act.

RIP :lol: :lol: :lol:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

P.S. if you are actually speaking on behalf of the players, perhaps your words have some credibility. If not, then maybe supporting St.Kilda FC was never really for you?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!