Tommy thread #463

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Will Tommy get picked in the 22 against North

yes
53%
no
47%

Total votes: 64

Saint4Eva
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:He had 18 disposals, 8 marks (2 contested) and kicked 6.3

Must play
+1

Rosco
Club Player

Saint4Eva wrote:

Must play
+1
+2 (and bonus points for those stats being against the filth)

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Think he will probably get a game but you never know. If he isn't structurally important he may be back at sandy. I don't imagine he will make a massive impact if he does play maybe a goal and 8 to 10 possies but may make some space for Roo and Kosi.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

He really should be playing. Impressive performances all year, and a sterling performance like that including lifting to win the game off his own boot in the final minutes means he must be an inclusion.

Will he play? Judging by RL's history, no.

The Saints are coming!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

bump

41 votes???

pffft
pathetic
we have more trolls than that ffs

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Must play
How often has been in the Sandy best recently?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i reckon nearly every week
maybe once of twice he wasnt (from memory)

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Must play
Gladly accept 50% of those stats on his senior debut.

But come game 2 he'll need to lift! 8-)

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

ross just replied to my fb status update 'surely walsh is in?'
said he just needs to get his tackling average up .02 % - doesn't give a s*** how many goals he scores, it's about the one percenters!
oh...except for roo!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

The way that our forward line is playing, we have "nothing to lose" and "everything to gain" by playing Tommy.

It's not really a risk anymore, it's a "necessity" for this week. He won't play more poorly than whoever else is selected .... "unless" three talls is considered too slow/inflexible against the Roo's.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

This will sound odd no doubt but checked TW's infrastructure at Victoria Park quarter time and the guy is just photographic and classic.

Legs like cannons - huge calves, mits, broad and just a complete and utter unit.

This man is bad news to the opposition and he will play this weekend. Just a shame Rossy wasn't there Saturday.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I WANT Tommy to be selected to play, but I THINK he won't be slected to play :(

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Maybe a third option - Hope he is selected but not sure whether he will be this week, or next :shock:

No Contract, No contact :shock:
stinger
Saintsational Legend

i watched ross being interviewed on one week at a time last night...he was a big wrap for cripps, sipposs and ledger....also said that tommy lynch was a big part of the saints future and that he would get a game when the time was right and opportunity presented itself....also was asked about our 202cm potential superstar.(stanley)...said he had a chronic hammy this year but he was very athletic and the saints had big plans for him and needed to get the development in...or something along those lines.....don't think those 5 are going anywhere quickly ..

and yes tommy is a big chance for an in this week...my view..not ross'.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
jays
Club Player

hope he plays

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Now Sting, you must have only seen the latter part of The Boss's One HD performance last night.
I saw the early part (before I turned over to something that didn't have someone with some trams and trains one on 3 with media whores like 1/4Brain, The Fossil and Dog Schmoozer Darcy, but I digress). I didn't hear him talk about Siposs et al. But I did hear him talk about the Oirish.
In the early part The Boss was very particular to separate the Oirish from a pack of possible forward contenders. Without quoting he used terms like 'we think we've got one', 'power', 'real progress', '6 for Sandy', 'exciting', 'he's frustrated he's not playing' and the trump, 'SHORT and long term'.
Ross was very pointed in separating him from the pack. Now, he well may have doing it to give the bloke a bunk up, but I don't think so. I just got the impression Ross is a rap for him, and he's on the cusp. I also think he's being very careful not to throw him to the wolves (personally I think he's being too careful, but I bow to Ross's instincts).
I also got the feeling Ross was waiting for the Oirish to have a breakout game, and Sunday was it, more for his own confidence than anything else (kicking 6, and the winner in time on will have lifted him enormously). It's tell tale that the first real time he got good conditions to play in, he excelled. He's been honourable all season in a poor Sandy side, playing all over the ground, playing in howling gales, wet conditions and on poor surfaces. Well, life under the roof at Jihad stadium is a lot more like what he got on Sunday. The game's more predictable, less choppy and he's more able to put to work what he's learnt, the better the conditions are. I think he'll play on Satdee night.
I know I'll be majorily disappointed if he doesn't. But, remember, The Boss said SHORT term, and there ain't much of that left.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
stinger
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:Now Sting, you must have only seen the latter part of The Boss's One HD performance last night.
I saw the early part (before I turned over to something that didn't have someone with some trams and trains one on 3 with media whores like 1/4Brain, The Fossil and Dog Schmoozer Darcy, but I digress). I didn't hear him talk about Siposs et al. But I did hear him talk about the Oirish.
In the early part The Boss was very particular to separate the Oirish from a pack of possible forward contenders. Without quoting he used terms like 'we think we've got one', 'power', 'real progress', '6 for Sandy', 'exciting', 'he's frustrated he's not playing' and the trump, 'SHORT and long term'.
Ross was very pointed in separating him from the pack. Now, he well may have doing it to give the bloke a bunk up, but I don't think so. I just got the impression Ross is a rap for him, and he's on the cusp. I also think he's being very careful not to throw him to the wolves (personally I think he's being too careful, but I bow to Ross's instincts).
I also got the feeling Ross was waiting for the Oirish to have a breakout game, and Sunday was it, more for his own confidence than anything else (kicking 6, and the winner in time on will have lifted him enormously). It's tell tale that the first real time he got good conditions to play in, he excelled. He's been honourable all season in a poor Sandy side, playing all over the ground, playing in howling gales, wet conditions and on poor surfaces. Well, life under the roof at Jihad stadium is a lot more like what he got on Sunday. The game's more predictable, less choppy and he's more able to put to work what he's learnt, the better the conditions are. I think he'll play on Satdee night.
I know I'll be majorily disappointed if he doesn't. But, remember, The Boss said SHORT term, and there ain't much of that left.
no...i watched the entire show.....recorded it as well.....he was asked firstly about who out of all the kids they had tried..who stood out....he said ledger, sipposs and cripps....then went on to the tall forwards and the efforts to recruit one....mentioned lynch. & gamble..who he said wasn't a real tall forward,...then paul cahill....before making the statements you quote.....finished off on stanley after being specifically asked about him,...i found his comments...interesting and reassuring.....got all hot and bothered listening to him.... :wink: :wink: :wink:

oh f***...just re-read my post......i said lynch when i meant walsh..... :oops: :oops: sorry mate......been working too hard....i think... :oops:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

im going to watch the interview in about 15 mins :)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:im going to watch the interview in about 15 mins :)
enjoy....i did... :wink:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah was good
said f*** all without answering questions
lol
they get good at that

if he goes he goes
they'd all have get out clauses

as for tommy
if he doesnt play this week then seriously i dont know what we are saving him for
guy must be chomping at the bit

if he isnt picked in thursdays team i can see this place going off

markp
Saintsational Legend

I saw Walsh walk past the Victory room earlier in the year... looked like a man you wouldn't want to get in the way of, or say no to... he must be ready to run through walls by now... could he be our finals X factor??

Let him loose Ross!!!

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Makes me wonder what guys like Eddy used to show in the 2's to get selected on a HFF, IN TWO GRAND FINALS last year, when a guy like Walsh, capable of having 9 scoring shots in the VFL, is still unlikely to play...

It's all about playing 'rolls'...

Everyone of Collingwoods forward 5/6 are capable (and have done so) of kicking 5 goals on their day... How many of ours are??...

He must come in, but I voted no...

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Selected no. I'm actually getting excited for the team announcement tmr haha, forum will go off no matter what happens. My guess is he will be named as an emergency but doesn't play.

Want to see him but not sure about Ross picking a debut in a high stakes game for both clubs.