I'm at the game and were being smashed

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Marchin' In
Club Player

I'm at the game and were being smashed

Absolutely ripped apart besides the swans bad kicking for goal. 29 scoring shots to 15 now. Weve been poor against a team with s*** forwards and an average midfield. Nothing positive to take out of this game.

UP THE SAINTERS!
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Getting smashed by a mediocre team that has won 2 from their last 9.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

We are the definition of a mediocre team. People got sucked in when we played 6 poor sides in a row (apart from west coast) and stumbled across the line in half of them. I said we'd still miss the 8 nine days ago and I was howled down...oh dear

Bring back the Lockett era
mullet
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:We are the definition of a mediocre team. People got sucked in when we played 6 poor sides in a row (apart from west coast) and stumbled across the line in half of them. I said we'd still miss the 8 nine days ago and I was howled down...oh dear
wow arent you a hero then

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:We are the definition of a mediocre team. People got sucked in when we played 6 poor sides in a row (apart from west coast) and stumbled across the line in half of them. I said we'd still miss the 8 nine days ago and I was howled down...oh dear
This.

I have always believed we were shot, nothing has changed my mind. I would of liked if we brought in a few more players this year for the future. Obviously we have had alot of debuts but havent sighted any new guys for a long time.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Marchin' In
Club Player

He's right. Even if we make the 8, well be knocked out in the first week because we'll be playing someone that actually wants to win.

UP THE SAINTERS!
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

double post

spert
Saintsational Legend

Got smashed alright in the end, but losing Zac and Kosi would definately have an effect on team balance, and RL needs to make a big decision on what to do with Roo and his bad knee, as he is just not able to win one-on-ones. This shouldn't cover up the pathetic effort by our midfield all the same, considering we are fighting for a finals berth...all holding back, waiting for the easy ball, poor tackling, bombing the ball and just as bad an effort by the forwards and their lack of defensive work. For the second week in a row, the opposition half backs have got the ball out too easy. Anyway if we do get in the finals, I have seen enough to know quite a few of our players crumble under pressure and RL will already be thinking about recruiting strategies for 2012.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
Not a hero...just right

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

jonesy wrote:
mullet wrote:
Not a hero...just right
That is a concept that clearly escapes many on here. If you don't believe the side is on the right/best track, or you honestly don't believe we'll win and say so, their small brains come to the conclusion that you don't want the club to succeed, or to win, even when it's the furthest thing from the truth. :roll:

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

You said we'd finish 10th behind Melbourne and that we had zero chance of beating Collingwood, Sydney or Carlton.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
jonesy wrote:
mullet wrote:
Not a hero...just right
That is a concept that clearly escapes many on here. If you don't believe the side is on the right/best track, or you honestly don't believe we'll win and say so, their small brains come to the conclusion that you don't want the club to succeed, or to win, even when it's the furthest thing from the truth. :roll:
Correct

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

How did the injuries upset the balance.....

Wet day....kosi would have not had a huge impact....mummy would have worked him over more than macca

Blake was a like for like swap for dawson....

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Blake was already in the team.

Lynch and Baker for Kosi and Dawson would upset team balance.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Not to the extent that they had 15 more scoring shots than us.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
This.

I have always believed we were shot, nothing has changed my mind. I would of liked if we brought in a few more players this year for the future. Obviously we have had alot of debuts but havent sighted any new guys for a long time.
Not any of this,
Who else from the VFL would you have liked in the Seniors today?

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Oh you silly boy! Who else but Tommy Walsh.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Oh you silly boy! Who else but Tommy Walsh.
and who else?

People are talking wholesale changes, Walsh is putting his hand up for sure, but that's about it.