Dawson bashing - it's laughable.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

At training yesterday Zac negated both Roo and Kosi in set plays. He is much taller than you think. There was one other player in that group ( Roo, Kosi, Zac, Chips, Arch and Tommy ) who really stood out and was rarely beaten and very clean with his hands............ no.41- Paul Cahill

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Tony 74 said :
At training yesterday Zac negated both Roo and Kosi in set plays. He is much taller than you think. There was one other player in that group ( Roo, Kosi, Zac, Chips, Arch and Tommy ) who really stood out and was rarely beaten and very clean with his hands............ no.41- Paul Cahill
A very interesting observation Tony74 - will watch more closely on how well Cahill develops. We have far bigger problems than Zac at the moment and no replacement for him. I watch how the players interact on the field together and they work pretty seamlessly as a team on the backline, under "intense" pressure at times.

However, I get annoyed at the "stupid" free kicks that Zac gives away (1 each week), but perhaps that should be looked at in the context of his generally good play. I also often think that he should take the "grab" when he can easily do so at times, instead of always punching the ball away. Can't kick on his right, which he needs to work on.

spert
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:We'll never win a premiership with Zac in the team.
Geelong won a flag with Hawkins as a KPP. Its a silly comment especially since Zac has been one of our best players in 3 GF's. Surely it is how you perform on the big day and he certainly has no problems. You are the master of the over statement.
I agree that GF day is when you see who has the creds and who hasn't, and the guys who put their hands up in our GF appearances (no particular order), were Zac, Gwilt, Goddard, Hayes, Fisher, Gram (mainly 09, but got injured in the replay)..the rest fell away and that's where the work needs to be done.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote: A very interesting observation Tony74 - will watch more closely on how well Cahill develops. We have far bigger problems than Zac at the moment and no replacement for him. I watch how the players interact on the field together and they work pretty seamlessly as a team on the backline, under "intense" pressure at times.
Won't be watching Cahill for much longer unless you support Everton

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saintly
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
SainterK wrote:Well, best way to judge Zacs game, let's look at his opponents last month.

Travis Cloke

Rd 17
19 disp 9 marks 7 scoring shots

Rd 18
21 disp 10 marks 3 scoring shots

Rd 19
17 disp 5 marks 4 scoring shots

Rd 20

18 disp 8 marks 9 scoring shots

Rd 21
10 disp 6 marks 2 scoring shots

*Actually his equal lowest disposal count this year