Tarrant charge thrown out - WOW!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stevie
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:
stevie wrote:I must've been watching Jason Mooney perhaps. Johncock contributed to this 'bump' completely.
By trying to pick the ball up?

Is he meant to just leave it and not make a contest? Ridiculous argument.

Mooney is the one responsible with not making head high contact to the player over the ball, which he did not attempt.
What I'm trying to say is that Mooney had no time to do anything else, much like Roo.
Johncock wouldn't be one of the cleverest players going around - sometimes instinct kicks in before rational thinking

But then, if the MRE hadn't created this f***ed up stuff with bumps and what-not, none of us would be 'arguing' about it, would we? :)

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Tarrant is just lucky Kosi did not hit his head on the ground....

Then it would have been deemed that unecessary force contributed to the injury.....

Luck of the draw this system.....

Kosi sling tackle......weeks, due to injury
Jack Steven recieved a pile driver and because no injury....no case

Ludicrous really

BTW it was a fair bump....the easiest shirtfront in footy, to nab a player not looking..

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Actually here's a poser: just say Kosi saw tarrant about to bump him, and inadvertently raised his elbow for protection, and tarrant broke his jaw?!

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:Actually here's a poser: just say Kosi saw tarrant about to bump him, and inadvertently raised his elbow for protection, and tarrant broke his jaw?!
Kosi gone for a raised elbow. Simple.

They walk amongst us...

St Lenny
Club Player

gosaints wrote:Good. Was made to look alot worse than it was because Kosi didn't see it coming and because Kosi is so big he went down hard.

Would love to see a few of our players lay a sheppard like that.
I find this type of comment amusing. When Jonathan Brown gets knocked out, he has eyes for the footy. When is Koz, he is clumsy and should have more awareness, go figure :roll:

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:
gosaints wrote:Good. Was made to look alot worse than it was because Kosi didn't see it coming and because Kosi is so big he went down hard.

I find this type of comment amusing. When Jonathan Brown gets knocked out, he has eyes for the footy. When is Koz, he is clumsy and should have more awareness, go figure :roll:
Sadly, it's true.

His alertness to his surroundings is quite often terrible.

They walk amongst us...

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:From the Sun
"A St Kilda medical report said there was no contact to Justin Koschitzke’s head when Tarrant laid the bump in a shepherding action."

Tell me how a medical report can say whether or not contact has occurred?

Video footage might tell you whether contact was made, but a medical report can only say whether an injury has occurred, but not whether contact was made…
Why couldnt it? Kosi may have something to the doctor. Isnt he allowed to talk to the doctor during the game?
Thus we return to the old system where the player on the receiving end gives the prime piece of evidence?

Doctor
"Kosi, did he get you in the head?"
Kosi
"Nah I'm alright"

That isn't a medical report, players don't dob, we all know that…

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
"A St Kilda medical report said there was no contact to Justin Koschitzke’s head when Tarrant laid the bump in a shepherding action."

Video footage might tell you whether contact was made, but a medical report can only say whether an injury has occurred, but not whether contact was made…
Why couldnt it? Kosi may have something to the doctor. Isnt he allowed to talk to the doctor during the game?
Thus we return to the old system where the player on the receiving end gives the prime piece of evidence?

Doctor
Kosi
"Nah I'm alright"

When the doctor asks him he isnt giving evidence. He is seeing if the player is OK. Is he going to lie if he has a broken jaw just to protect a person that many not even been reported yet. I cant work out your logic.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Doctor
Kosi
"Nah I'm alright"

When the doctor asks him he isnt giving evidence. He is seeing if the player is OK. Is he going to lie if he has a broken jaw just to protect a person that many not even been reported yet. I cant work out your logic.
Tarrant was reported on the spot.
Kosi knew this.
The doctor came to him at half time and asked whether he had been hit in the head.
My logic says that Kosi knows full well that if he says "yes", Tarrant may be in trouble, maybe he doesn't want Tarrant to be suspended. Players have had the same un-written rule forever and that is why they don't even ask them at the tribunal any more.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:When the doctor asks him he isnt giving evidence. He is seeing if the player is OK.
He could still be hit in the head and not injured, happens throughout every game.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Doctor
Kosi
"Nah I'm alright"

Tarrant was reported on the spot.
Kosi knew this.
The doctor came to him at half time and asked whether he had been hit in the head.
My logic says that Kosi knows full well that if he says "yes", Tarrant may be in trouble, maybe he doesn't want Tarrant to be suspended. Players have had the same un-written rule forever and that is why they don't even ask them at the tribunal any more.
Tell me you are joking. Kosi is thinking about another player from another club at half time of a very important footy game. As my Daughter would say OMG.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Tell me you are joking. Kosi is thinking about another player from another club at half time of a very important footy game. As my Daughter would say OMG.
He's only thinking about the player that the doctor is asking him about,
What your daughter also probably says is "jesus Dad get off the computer for once"

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Tell me you are joking. Kosi is thinking about another player from another club at half time of a very important footy game. As my Daughter would say OMG.
What your daughter also probably says is "jesus Dad get off the computer for once"
The doctor isnt asking anything about the other player. He would be finding out if our player has any injury. And you are 100% correct on the last thing you said. But bugger her, she has an I pad i dont know anything about them.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:
The doctor isnt asking anything about the other player. He would be finding out if our player has any injury. And you are 100% correct on the last thing you said. But bugger her, she has an I pad i dont know anything about them.
Exactly asking him if he has an injury, not whether contact has occurred - you see where I'm going now?
injury/contact - different.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Would S.Baker been rubbed out for it,makes you wonder doesnt it.also reckon I seen some sling tackles over the weekend,anyone rubbed out

System is bulls***

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

I was 10 metres from the bump
Why the f... didn't you warn him then? :wink:

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:

Probably the right call in the end but laying a blindside bump like that, regardless of jumper colour, is and always will be the footballing equivalent of knifing a bloke in the back. It's gutless and cheap. Absolutely nothing big about it at all. I fail to see how so many people can applaud the sanctioned whacking of the unaware. Yeah, there's talk of Kosi being 'less' aware, but if any player could have seen Tarrant in similar circs I'd be truly amazed. Why does Tarrant have to flatten him? He could have all but impeded him enough by putting out an arm. All it takes in this game is for a bloke to get a split second break and they're miles off. Why does a 'good' shepherd have to entail flattening a bloke who didn't see it coming?
I was 10 metres from the bump. It was legitimate and everyone at the ground could see it coming except Kosi. It was within 5 metres and Kosi was trying to catch the guy with the ball. Those sort of bumps are tried many times during a game by our side and the opposition. The difference is that 99% of players know they are coming and take action to avoid it. There was one late in the game that would have got Milney as well but like most players he saw it coming.

What confuses me is people whinge about the bump being dead but when it is laid legitimately we are still not happy. That was a great bump by Tarrent that should have been avoided by Kosi.
10 metres from the bump,, what are you the boundary ump?
Yes.
With the greatest respect, what utter horseshit.

Koz was solo on the back flank in hot pursuit of an opponent and had eyes only for his opponent. It was a low dog snipe that used unnecessary force. It's legal. My opinion is : so what. But it was a dog act. If it was Gilbert on Jolly I'd tell you the same thing. Unnecessary force. Cheap as happy hour.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:Would S.Baker been rubbed out for it,makes you wonder doesnt it.also reckon I seen some sling tackles over the weekend,anyone rubbed out

System is bulls***
S Baker could have been rubbed out for a couple of contacts at Sandy yesterday.

As usual Kosi didn't see it coming and the correct decision has been made by the MRP. No case to answer.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
bergsone
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:
bergsone wrote:Would S.Baker been rubbed out for it,makes you wonder doesnt it.also reckon I seen some sling tackles over the weekend,anyone rubbed out

System is bulls***
S Baker could have been rubbed out for a couple of contacts at Sandy yesterday.

As usual Kosi didn't see it coming and the correct decision has been made by the MRP. No case to answer.
I agree,it was the right decision,just depends what mood the mrp are in this week

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:

Probably the right call in the end but laying a blindside bump like that, regardless of jumper colour, is and always will be the footballing equivalent of knifing a bloke in the back. It's gutless and cheap. Absolutely nothing big about it at all. I fail to see how so many people can applaud the sanctioned whacking of the unaware. Yeah, there's talk of Kosi being 'less' aware, but if any player could have seen Tarrant in similar circs I'd be truly amazed. Why does Tarrant have to flatten him? He could have all but impeded him enough by putting out an arm. All it takes in this game is for a bloke to get a split second break and they're miles off. Why does a 'good' shepherd have to entail flattening a bloke who didn't see it coming?
I was 10 metres from the bump. It was legitimate and everyone at the ground could see it coming except Kosi. It was within 5 metres and Kosi was trying to catch the guy with the ball. Those sort of bumps are tried many times during a game by our side and the opposition. The difference is that 99% of players know they are coming and take action to avoid it. There was one late in the game that would have got Milney as well but like most players he saw it coming.

What confuses me is people whinge about the bump being dead but when it is laid legitimately we are still not happy. That was a great bump by Tarrent that should have been avoided by Kosi.
10 metres from the bump,, what are you the boundary ump?
Yes.
With the greatest respect, what utter horseshit.

Koz was solo on the back flank in hot pursuit of an opponent and had eyes only for his opponent. It was a low dog snipe that used unnecessary force. It's legal. My opinion is : so what. But it was a dog act. If it was Gilbert on Jolly I'd tell you the same thing. Unnecessary force. Cheap as happy hour.
yep...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
jays
Club Player

was fair bumb if you ask me

stinger
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:
stinger wrote:didn't miss the head at ll...ask kossi if you dodn't believe me...dog act by a real dog.....
C'mon mate. You've seen enough footy to know it's a full contact sport.

Initial contact was shoulder to shoulder, and his lack of awareness made it worse than it needed to be. He got straight up, get on with the game.

I'm not Kosi bashing what-so-ever, I just don't want to see this great game turn into touch footy.
undue rough play....wasn't illegal once....might be now..if kossi was injured..the prick is just lucky he wasn't....still a cheap dog act..everybody in the ground could see kossi wasn't watching....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

jays wrote:was fair bumb if you ask me
maybe...but the umpire thought it reportable...

SaintDippa
Club Player

Saw the hit from a different angle on Talking Footy tonight. Looked to me like Tarrants shoulder made contact to Kosi's head. Clearly.

Strange decision IMO, still it's the Chook Lotto MRP that we have.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
jays wrote:was fair bumb if you ask me
maybe...but the umpire thought it reportable...
The umpire was wrong...surprise surprise.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell