Neil Mitchell

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
westy wrote:I suspect the AFL would have the same problem that faces the British Government. It is hard stopping morons and scum from being morons and scum!
Eddie probably can't do much to stop them.

But what he can do, and should do, is publicly make a statement on the issue. Something along the lines that such conduct is unacceptable and that those people doing so should not be regarded as true Collingwood supporters.

If it was good enough to crap on about the Krakouer "incident", and follow it up on national TV where he allowed his own network toadies to label him a "hero against racism", then it's good enough now.

Of course that won't happen due to Eddie's enormous ego :roll:
yeah he can..he can start with sacking anybody in the cheer squad who goes on with that nonsence....did it befotre when it suited the deadsh!t....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

SteveStevens66 wrote:Apparently our club has a President. He's never been seen nor heard so at this stage it just remains a rumor. If, however, he is found to actually exist one would think this would be a fit and proper subject for him to take up and defend Stevie Milne loudly and proudly.
Greg Westaway is an extremely decent man who wouldn't even consider getting into a public slanging match with Fat Slug because I suspect he knows better than anyone that it'll all be reduced to a cheap tit-for-tat that Fat Slug will twist to give himself moral high ground (however fatuous).

The rapist tag is horrible enough. Having a fight about it in the Hun is the worst possible outcome IMO.

If McGuire possessed a tenth of the quality of Westaway he'd have had this subject iced when his little holier than thou bum chum Mick blew up like spoilt bogan schoolyard bitch so many moons ago. In fact, it's probably not too late to rectify that little horror show. But he's not decent. He's a poisonous grub. He will do anything and stop at nothing for the betterment of himself and whatever's under his umbrella.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Megsie
Club Player

MINORITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you joking. The sound of that chant is not merely produced by
a minority.

7 years we've all had to put up with this disgusting foul mouthed rubbish but in saying that, i wouldn't give Neil Mitchell the time of day as he's an opportunist that runs with any story to enhance his reputation & ratings.

Megsie
Club Player

our president has more important things to do.

Why make more headlines??

That's Eddie's problem. He's the president who now has to answer
critics.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Megsie wrote:our president has more important things to do.

Why make more headlines??

That's Eddie's problem. He's the president who now has to answer
critics.
i f****** hope so... :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SteveStevens66
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
Greg Westaway is an extremely decent man who wouldn't even consider getting into a public slanging match with Fat Slug because I suspect he knows better than anyone that it'll all be reduced to a cheap tit-for-tat that Fat Slug will twist to give himself moral high ground (however fatuous).
I never suggested for one moment that Westaway wasn't a decent man. What I will say, however, is that as St Kilda President, he has a responsibility to publicly defend and advocate for the club as a whole and its players as individuals. If he is too "decent" to do that then perhaps this isn't the job for him. That said, you don't climb as high in the corporate world as he has without being able to open your mouth and fight forcefully for your position. He is not as delicate as you imply. He can certainly go public with this. In fact it is a winner because no one but Collingwood people will stick up for them. He'll have the whole footy world on his side. As for going tit-for-tat with the Fat Slug he doesn't have to. He can do it by issuing a public challenge to Demeriou (another pig hated by all except Plugger66) and ask rhetorically what he intends to do about this, especially given the AFL's great concern with the image of the game and making it a family friendly atmosphere.

Carna Saints!!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I think Milney would say he would rather be abused at the ground than it be splashed across the media again where his kids get harassed and his family are put through hell. The club may just want to support their player in the fashion he would like not the fans.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I think Milney would say he would rather be abused at the ground than it be splashed across the media again where his kids get harassed and his family are put through hell. The club may just want to support their player in the fashion he would like not the fans.
Waaayyy too logical. It's all about us gringo :lol:

saint tash
Club Player

Re: Neil Mitchell

Furphy wrote:Neil Mitchell has opened his 3aw program this morning with an attack on the behaviour of Collingwood supporters last Friday night, Mostly comments chanted at Milney. He is asking for phone calls & emails from Saints fans who endured this crap from the filth. Our chance for payback!
Told u once and told u twice before the game on Friday night that aisle 42 would be an issue.

Was it???

Oh when the saints go charging in!
gags

Your club needn't do anything. Simply give these tools enough rope, and......

what, me worry ?
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
I think everyone should take a deep breath and let it slide.
The trouble is it won't slide. If anything it's getting worse.

About time the grounds had people evicted if they are caught doing it.

Only a matter of time before the AFL also clamp down on umpire abuse with evictions as a penalty.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Furphy
Club Player

We are getting bogans phoning talkback calling Milney a "sook". Milney has not made a public statement!

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

SteveStevens66 wrote:I never suggested for one moment that Westaway wasn't a decent man. What I will say, however, is that as St Kilda President, he has a responsibility to publicly defend and advocate for the club as a whole and its players as individuals. If he is too "decent" to do that then perhaps this isn't the job for him.
maybe he's just being prudent.

the old saying is "never pick a fight with a man who buys ink by the barrel."

getting into an argument with eddie mcguire just means that he'll have a go at you on his radio show every morning. it's pretty hard to get enough oxygen to fight back in that case. why not let the media push the fight for you - as he's doing? much smarter.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

SteveStevens66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:
I never suggested for one moment that Westaway wasn't a decent man. What I will say, however, is that as St Kilda President, he has a responsibility to publicly defend and advocate for the club as a whole and its players as individuals. If he is too "decent" to do that then perhaps this isn't the job for him. That said, you don't climb as high in the corporate world as he has without being able to open your mouth and fight forcefully for your position. He is not as delicate as you imply. He can certainly go public with this. In fact it is a winner because no one but Collingwood people will stick up for them. He'll have the whole footy world on his side. As for going tit-for-tat with the Fat Slug he doesn't have to. He can do it by issuing a public challenge to Demeriou (another pig hated by all except Plugger66) and ask rhetorically what he intends to do about this, especially given the AFL's great concern with the image of the game and making it a family friendly atmosphere.
Yeah, I suppose you're right. Other than making you feel better, dragging Milne's mind from football, dragging the club into a media stoush with a bloke with a stake in the system and otherwise forcing a whole lot of hindsight reporting about 'St Kilda scandal', I guess there is plenty to be gained by 'speaking out'.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'