Selection error

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:That Swan one that was running towards the ouside point post, and turned at the last minute.

Grrrr! :twisted:
5 shots at goal from 10 to 40 metres were misses from us.

they kicked 2 from 50 and 1 was an arsy snap.

5 of their goals came directly from unforced errors from us.

They were cramping up, they had to run hard for the game, as we did.

In the end, the difference was 10.10 to 14.5, and 5 shots at goal we missed, and 5 shots at goal we gave them.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:That Swan one that was running towards the ouside point post, and turned at the last minute.

Most of his kick are like that. He is one ugly football player; a poor man's Lenny Hayes.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:

Most of his kick are like that. He is one ugly football player; a poor man's Lenny Hayes.
He is no poor mans anyone unless we mean Bill Gates.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
bergholt wrote:i've heard that it's a point of tension between misson and the coaches.

the coaches would like to do more goalkicking training; misson says yes, but you'll see a massive increase in hamstring and leg injuries. the coaches decide that they'd rather have their best players out on the park and kicking badly, than have them good shots at goal and always injured.

not sure who's right, but other teams seem to kick better at goal without a corresponding increase in soft-tissue leg injuries.
But are the other teams practising more, or are they just naturally better at it?
i think they're probably practicing more and getting a few more hammies, but i don't know that. just repeating what i've been told.

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

Re: Selection error

plugger66 wrote:A mistake tonight was not having the courage to drop Blake. To many backmen meant he had to be sub nd even though Gamble is no star he provides a link to the forward line. Also playing a 7 man backline was always going to happen but it really hurt. it allowed Davis to be Bog and he really killed. Doubt either of these things lost us the game as the pies are a great side but it didnt help.
I agree plugger, dropping Gamble was a mistake, whilst not setting the world on fire, our forward line structures up better with him in. He provides a leading target and being a decent kick, he then converts or we get a decent kick inside 50.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Man wrote:
plugger66 wrote:A mistake tonight was not having the courage to drop Blake. To many backmen meant he had to be sub nd even though Gamble is no star he provides a link to the forward line. Also playing a 7 man backline was always going to happen but it really hurt. it allowed Davis to be Bog and he really killed. Doubt either of these things lost us the game as the pies are a great side but it didnt help.
I agree plugger, dropping Gamble was a mistake, whilst not setting the world on fire, our forward line structures up better with him in. He provides a leading target and being a decent kick, he then converts or we get a decent kick inside 50.
exactly, I was dissapointed when the team was announced and Gamble had been dropped. As you said, not a star but he can provide another option and is a good kick. He is usually good for a couplecof goals.

I love this club
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

it's not even Gamble...

it's the structure. Any of Gamble, Lynch, Walsh, Johnson instead of Dawson or Blake would have worked much better

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:it's not even Gamble...

it's the structure. Any of Gamble, Lynch, Walsh, Johnson instead of Dawson or Blake would have worked much better
agree, not so much that Blake was on the bench, I feel by bringing Dawson in for a foward was a big mistake.

I love this club
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
skeptic wrote:it's not even Gamble...

agree, not so much that Blake was on the bench, I feel by bringing Dawson in for a foward was a big mistake.
putting gilbert in the forward line was the mistake IMO.

I don't mind the coach setting up the Great Wall of St Kilda, but Throwing gilby up front was not optimum.

SHUT UP KRIME!
totallyfrank
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:

In the end, the difference was 10.10 to 14.5, and 5 shots at goal we missed, and 5 shots at goal we gave them.
In the end, the difference is 7 and 1/2 wins and around 70 %. I don't expect that to change much by rd 24.

If you aim to fail and succeed, what have you done?
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

totallyfrank wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:

In the end, the difference is 7 and 1/2 wins and around 70 %. I don't expect that to change much by rd 24.
And thats a fair call, but win the next 3, the saints will go into the finals with a lot of confidence.

We are a good team that underperformed for much the year.

Collingwood are a good team that performed at the level expected.

SHUT UP KRIME!
totallyfrank
Club Player

no argument here :)

If you aim to fail and succeed, what have you done?
Zac Attack
Club Player

Blake's game last week was helped due to the shithouse opposition. It inflated his statistics thus his performance.

It says something that he has a 25 possession game yet he moves from FB to Sub?

Thought so.