Thanks to the Magpie fans

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Thanks to the Magpie fans

a) for turning up to the game and enabling the Saints to make a small profit- I realise how many of them would struggle to cross the great divide of the City limits and foray down to Docklands

b) spending their money at Inside sports and giving Essendon some hard earned toward their whoopie do new stadium

c) showing us where the available seats are in reserved seatuing areas,

given we have been sitting there for some years and had assumed that Saints had filled the area but found that there were pies suppporters a plenty there last night who informed me they had bought the tickets off Ticketmaster -
So I can reliably inform you all that if you are considering reserving a seat next year - ask about bays along from the now Social club reserved seat area and in front of the Victory room with spare spots-- may only be 1's or twos but if you have groups of more ask anyway and there may be groups of 2's

I admit to thinking their ' chant' would be horrendous under the roof BUT they were only game to start it when they got 5 goals or more ahead and that was rare during the night-
we felt the Saints boos to counteract it worked well..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saint tash
Club Player

Well 46,500 fronted up of which I am a tad surprised so 5,500 had other ideas about last night???

How was our social club?? Half full? Half empty????

In a match where both sides had something to play for I was surprised and disappointed that a crowd in excess of 50K was not reached.

Oh when the saints go charging in!
SaintScottOfSydney

Don't forget a chunk of us are interstate members so a friday is nigh on impossible (unlike Collingwood fans we have jobs you see..)

Was proud when I heard the big boo given everytime the filth started up that hideous chant but it'd be nice next time to hear a 'saaaainnnntttt kkiillllllllllldaaa' chant in response

I can't believe Eddie McGuire and I have the Celtic Football Club in common...he should be a Hun
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Good point about the colon-wood chant only coming to the fore when they were four/five goals up. I thought the gang in aisle 18/19 were as good as always in countering the opposition chants.
The most sickening and nauseating thing for me was to hear these ragpies TRYING to do the Barmy Army chants after the game. (not an original thought amongst the lot of 'em!)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Saint Scott of Sydney We (in aisle 18/19) DO get the "Saaaaainters!" chant going at every opportunity! :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
SaintScottOfSydney

Hey Jigging Saint Oh I know, be just nice if we could do it at the level the filth do.... the booing though gives me hope that we'll get to those proportions!!!

I can't believe Eddie McGuire and I have the Celtic Football Club in common...he should be a Hun
noblejohn
Club Player

Can't believe how many were in the Robert Harvey room which is meant to be for social club mambers with reserve. seating. At one stage a group of 6 walked in. Even if they booked seats on level 2 how do they manage to get into our room.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Re: Thanks to the Magpie fans

saintbrat wrote: c) showing us where the available seats are in reserved seatuing areas,

given we have been sitting there for some years and had assumed that Saints had filled the area but found that there were pies suppporters a plenty there last night who informed me they had bought the tickets off Ticketmaster -
And it was St Kilda Football Club that made those seats available to be sold by Ticketmaster and pocketed the cash.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

The club apparently sold 2 tickets to a Richmond supporter in the CS

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint tash wrote:Well 46,500 fronted up of which I am a tad surprised so 5,500 had other ideas about last night???

In a match where both sides had something to play for I was surprised and disappointed that a crowd in excess of 50K was not reached.
there were about 5 thousand turned away.....the match was a lock out....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
saint tash wrote:Well 46,500 fronted up of which I am a tad surprised so 5,500 had other ideas about last night???

there were about 5 thousand turned away.....the match was a lock out....
They weren't prepared to pay.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
HelenR
Club Player

I have reserved seats in aisle 26 and don't sit there when there is a ticketed game because the rows behind are always sold to opposition supporters. Rather stand. Not worth the money and will not be renewing next year. I moved down from Level 3 so I wouldn't have to put up with the morons in General Admission. But they always end up behind us.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

noblejohn wrote:Can't believe how many were in the Robert Harvey room which is meant to be for social club mambers with reserve. seating. At one stage a group of 6 walked in. Even if they booked seats on level 2 how do they manage to get into our room.
they must have guest passes or were given tickets. It happens all the time and it really gives me the sh!ts....

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Every time there is a Ticketed Match involving the saints we rarely get a crowd bigger than 47000 , yes I know we hold the record of 54000+ , but i don't know why they bother .

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Thanks to the Magpies fans?

Is this for real????

The same fans that still abuse Milne and whose President has the gall to say that one of his players has been racially vilified by a Saints supporter and finds it OK not comment on his coach calling Milne a rapist!

Think of something else to post Saintbrat because in my opinion they can all get f***ed!

Thanks for nothing.

Another opportunity awaits!