Hello, a fan here from Singapore

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Konstantinos
Club Player

Hello, a fan here from Singapore

Hello all, Saints fan here all the way from Singapore! Been a fan of the Saints since 2009, and a saintsational fan since today! it's nice seeing so many Saints fans gathered here. :wink:

Just a question though, I'm planning to make a trip down to Aus to watch a playoff game (hopefully & most probably, they're in). Is there any way I can get hold of the tickets for the game? I really hope it is a home game for the Saints so that I can get the feel of the Saints spirit!

Can anyone help me with my enquiries (accommodation, tics, climate, etc etc)? Would appreciate any help from my fellow Saints fans! Thanks!
:D

spert
Saintsational Legend

I would just contact the club via their website and I reckon they should be able to give you all the info you need..welcome to the forum!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Finals ( playoff s as you say) still to be decided

But give it a week or two. and could be Melbourne or Sydney.
and info will abound.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
philtee
Club Player

Hi Konstantinos,

It's a dangerous one to answer because nothing is set in concrete yet.
I feel like I'm jinxing the side even answering !
Essendon looks the most vulnerable to dropping out, but the Saints still
need two more wins to guarantee any Finals action.

But...Fixture for first week of finals may not be decided until around 7pm
on September 4. Keep checking www.afl.com.au for news.

In the first week Saints may get a final in Melbourne, they may have to travel to Sydney, or they may still
dip out completely.

Maybe your safest bet would be the Saints' Round 24 match against Carlton at the MCG,
which may have a lot riding on it regarding ladder positions, but at least we know when and where
that one is, tickets will still be available, and it may have a finals-type atmosphere.

Konstantinos
Club Player

spert wrote:I would just contact the club via their website and I reckon they should be able to give you all the info you need..welcome to the forum!
Thanks spert! :D
philtee wrote: Maybe your safest bet would be the Saints' Round 24 match against Carlton at the MCG,
which may have a lot riding on it regarding ladder positions, but at least we know when and where
that one is, tickets will still be available, and it may have a finals-type atmosphere.
So philtee, you're saying that it'll be better to go watch the match against Carlton at the MCG? I wouldn't mind, just that it might be coming too soon for me to plan, but either way I don't mind! (Just hope I don't get seats along with the Blues fans!)

So to get tics, it'll be better to contact the club themselves? Someone please enlighten me on that. :?

And yes, about accommodation, I'm looking at a cheap B&B or if possible, if I can get to stay with a fellow Saints fan for a small fee. I'm on a small budget as I'm still a student. :(

St Lenny
Club Player

Without being rude, DON'T ring St Kilda. They are a sporting club not a travel agent who can tell you where to stay etc.

As someone has already said, it is hard to plan at this stage as we don't know we will be in the finals yet, let alone where and when we will play.

Tickets are not available until this has been decided. Members get first opportunity to buy tickets then non members through ticketmaster or ticketek. St Kilda dont sell tickets to games.

As for accommodation, back packers is the best bet if you are watching the dollars. Google and you will find something.

Konstantinos
Club Player

St Lenny wrote:Without being rude, DON'T ring St Kilda. They are a sporting club not a travel agent who can tell you where to stay etc.

As someone has already said, it is hard to plan at this stage as we don't know we will be in the finals yet, let alone where and when we will play.

Tickets are not available until this has been decided. Members get first opportunity to buy tickets then non members through ticketmaster or ticketek.

As for accommodation, back packers is the best bet if you are watching the dollars. Google and you will find something.
alright, so I guess my best bet is the last game against the Carlton Blues I reckon?

St Lenny
Club Player

Easier to plan for, especially when you come from overseas. I live interstate, and many years ago booked for a final in Melb and it was played in Sydney, most annoying.

philtee
Club Player

I've never stayed here, but it's not over priced, and it has a good reputation.
http://www.paradeinn.com.au/site/rates/

philtee
Club Player

And tickets for that Carlton game...go here...
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=AFL11

Konstantinos
Club Player

St Lenny wrote:Easier to plan for, especially when you come from overseas. I live interstate, and many years ago booked for a final in Melb and it was played in Sydney, most annoying.
Ok, will take note of that. Hopefully I'll get a seat amongst da Saints faithful! any guarantees for that? Guess not, considering that members are all grouped together?
philtee wrote:I've never stayed here, but it's not over priced, and it has a good reputation.
http://www.paradeinn.com.au/site/rates/
Pardon me for being petty, but prices still abit steep I must say. Lookin' for a normal B&B. but if there're no other choices, I guess I'll have to take that! haha..

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

wotif.com.au

or needitnow.com.au

are two options for finding accom- choose the rate your after.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Konstantinos
Club Player

Thanks fellow Saints for your generous help! Any of you a guarantee for the Blues game yet?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Konstantinos wrote:Thanks fellow Saints for your generous help! Any of you a guarantee for the Blues game yet?
last game of the Home and away I would assume many will get there-

and the MCG holds 100,000 or near that so plenty of space...

a check with SaintDooley or cheersquad thread will give you an idea of which end the majority of saints may be sitting

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Konstantinos
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:
Konstantinos wrote:Thanks fellow Saints for your generous help! Any of you a guarantee for the Blues game yet?

a check with SaintDooley or cheersquad thread will give you an idea of which end the majority of saints may be sitting
Thanks brat! Looking forward to seein' all of you down at the MCG! (:

Ok, wait, SaintDooley's a member of this forum right? :oops:

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Quick Question, curious whether you are an Australian living in singapore, or a singaporian that has become a fan?

Great to have you onboard!

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Konstantinos
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:Quick Question, curious whether you are an Australian living in singapore, or a singaporian that has become a fan?

Great to have you onboard!
I'm a born-and-bred Singaporean who began watchin' AFL since 2009. Was amazed by the Saints' footy at that time and began supportin' them! Like any fairweather fan at that time, could've switched to the Cats or Pies after seein' Saints losin' both the Finals :cry: , but I didn't.

Started a Saints fan, and will always be!

And thank you for invitin' me onboard, Clarky! Glad to be part of such a wonderful community!

When the Saints go marchin' in!

Barking Owl

Where to watch game in Singapore?

Hi Konstantinos
I will be in Singapore in the second week of the finals.
Can you tell me where I can see the game?
Thanks for your help. :D

Barking Owl
Konstantinos
Club Player

Re: Where to watch game in Singapore?

Barking Owl wrote:Hi Konstantinos
I will be in Singapore in the second week of the finals.
Can you tell me where I can see the game?
Thanks for your help. :D
Check with the hotel you're staying in whether they have the channel "Australia Network". If they do, you're in luck, because they show AFL games every weekend! I've watched both the Finals on AN, so I have no doubts they'll show it again, just make sure you get your Saints jumper on while watching the game mate! :wink:

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

Tip for anyone wanting to watch a game in Singers , there are a few Ozzie bars , but i reckon the best is the Roo Bar
http://www.facebook.com/kbsingapore

It's behind Muddy Murphys under Orchard Hotel , next to Subway.

The owner Craig is a huge AFL fan , does all games as well as other sports ,, you can even watch FOXTEL in there. He has a slingbox

Even though Craig is a nice bloke , there is certainly a downside ,,

He is a filth Supporter ,,

What will be next from this club ?
Barking Owl

Thanks all, certainly gives me some options.
Notice the optomistic saints supporter believing we will be there in the second round of the finals! :lol:

battye
Saintsational Legend

Welcome to the forum Konstantinos :)

Unfortunately I have some bad news about the Australia Network. From what I have gathered the AFL TV rights deal with Australia Network is expiring this year - I'm pretty sure they will show the finals series but I think from 2012 onwards there won't be much footy besides maybe a weekly highlights package.

I've watched St Kilda games when I've been travelling around Asia on the Australia Network since about 1999, it really is a lifeline to the AFL in the region - there's nothing like returning to the hotel room and enjoying the football in a foreign land - so I am very disappointed that the deal is expiring.

So definitely take note of VietNam_Saint's message! :)

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Konstantinos
Club Player

battye wrote:Welcome to the forum Konstantinos :)

Unfortunately I have some bad news about the Australia Network. From what I have gathered the AFL TV rights deal with Australia Network is expiring this year - I'm pretty sure they will show the finals series but I think from 2012 onwards there won't be much footy besides maybe a weekly highlights package.

I've watched St Kilda games when I've been travelling around Asia on the Australia Network since about 1999, it really is a lifeline to the AFL in the region - there's nothing like returning to the hotel room and enjoying the football in a foreign land - so I am very disappointed that the deal is expiring.

what!? really!? that really sucks doesn't it? ):

Konstantinos
Club Player

battye wrote:Welcome to the forum Konstantinos :)

what!? really!? that really sucks doesn't it? ):

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Konstantinos wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

Thanks brat! Looking forward to seein' all of you down at the MCG! (:

Ok, wait, SaintDooley's a member of this forum right? :oops:
check your PM

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."