Mcphee one week!! a joke

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

OK he has no say but, replace Gieshen with Anderson or which ever apologist you like, it only worries the pedants who it is.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:OK he has no say but, replace Gieshen with Anderson or which ever apologist you like, it only worries the pedants who it is.
Agree names dont matter so i blame Gringo for the mistake. It is obviously his fault.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Well I blame you for being Andrew bolt so I guess we're even.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Well I blame you for being Andrew bolt so I guess we're even.
But I am not Andrew Bolt you are Gringo though and are also in charge of the MRP.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Well as my first action in my new post, I will make you chief apologist and pedant, something that will utilise your skills.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Well as my first action in my new post, I will make you chief apologist and pedant, something that will utilise your skills.
Thanks for the job. I will start immediately.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Just a bulls*** system,cant help thinking back to Waite kicking,and getting off :twisted:

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Bemused why Johnson of filth got away with his bump on boak. Eyes off the ball

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

In this case, the MRP and not the system is at fault.

To have that action assessed as reckless is wrong. It was intentional. You don't recklessly line up a player 5m away and clip him with an elbow.

The only flaw in the system is allowing an early guilty plea to be allowed for intentional conduct.

If McPhee was correctly assessed he would have copped two weeks with an early plea. Under my amendment he would have copped three. Which, compared with Riewoldt's penalty, sounds about right.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:They make it up as they go along. Clearly a worse act than Riewoldt's but same penalty. Plus Franklin got off again for high contact.

Riewoldt is a special player, but clearly Buddy is considered more special
Did you see the Buddy one? Buddy has got weeks for things that havent seemed much at all. You would be one of few that thinks he gets a good deal.
I don't know about that. He keeps hitting guys high and doesn't seem to have learned that you cannot do that.

jays
Club Player

just crap imo

stevie
Saintsational Legend

It's time the players did something about this s*** and the umpiring. Boycott games or at least threaten

Reading about the ump displays in WC/rich game and it was shocking. Also hawks/Roos was abysmal too from all accounts. One decision in particular- ump mistakenly signalled hawks free. Franklin handed ball to hale and got a 50!!!!
In some countries, sporting officials this bad would simply...vanish. Then again these countries would also have risen up and executed our last 3 govts...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote: Then again these countries would also have risen up and executed our last 3 govts...
...well...the current one anyway... :wink: :wink: 8-)

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

If I didn't have 35 years invested in following the Saints and an intense tribal desire to see us win the flag I'd walk away from the AFL in an instant and focus on watching club footy. The AFL is a disgrace with its contrived inconsistencies and (barely) hidden agendas.

Seriously, try and explain the way the Baker debacle was adjudicated last year in comparison to this week's McPhee travesty (and it is a travesty, without a doubt) - there is no logical way of justifying the the two results when held up next to each other, let alone even a vague semblance of consistency (which is, at the end of the day, what you really want from a tribunal)...

They change the very rules of OUR game for no discernible reason, implement ridiculous strategies, impart favourable treatment on various clubs whilst trying to pretend that there's a level playing field - the current AFL administration is a farce and are seriously ruining the entire code...

I mean, trying to water down physicality in an attempt to pander to people who don't even really like the game in the first place - and in the process alienating the diehards and true blue supporters - where is the logic in that? Are they idiots or just greedy? Methinks little bit of column A, little bit of column B...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
stevie wrote: Then again these countries would also have risen up and executed our last 3 govts...
...well...the current one anyway... :wink: :wink: 8-)
you sound exactly like my father law except the poor bloke barracks for the Dees.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Foz
Club Player

Was side on to the incident in Bay 36 - couldn't believe how quick McPhee sprinted to the contest, there was certainly intent based on the speed he attacked Gilbert with. If he was going for the ball he would have been side-stepped at the speed he went in at.

Funny how accurate the player remonstrations are ! As BJ said next day on 3AW the barney that followed could have got out of hand. Players were there and weren't sitting on the fence like the MRP. They saw it and reacted accordingly.

Dog act, dog penalty.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Harvey To Hayes wrote:If I didn't have 35 years invested in following the Saints and an intense tribal desire to see us win the flag I'd walk away from the AFL in an instant and focus on watching club footy. The AFL is a disgrace with its contrived inconsistencies and (barely) hidden agendas.

Seriously, try and explain the way the Baker debacle was adjudicated last year in comparison to this week's McPhee travesty (and it is a travesty, without a doubt) - there is no logical way of justifying the the two results when held up next to each other, let alone even a vague semblance of consistency (which is, at the end of the day, what you really want from a tribunal)...

They change the very rules of OUR game for no discernible reason, implement ridiculous strategies, impart favourable treatment on various clubs whilst trying to pretend that there's a level playing field - the current AFL administration is a farce and are seriously ruining the entire code...

I mean, trying to water down physicality in an attempt to pander to people who don't even really like the game in the first place - and in the process alienating the diehards and true blue supporters - where is the logic in that? Are they idiots or just greedy? Methinks little bit of column A, little bit of column B...
Feel your pain..

While I understand and accept much of the changes are for the greater good, it seems it may have gone to far in some directions, and this saddens me...

The rubbish that they constantly trot out and shove down our throats is just so frustrating..

Im not the sharpest tool in the shed, but to treat us with the contempt they do is pushing me away from the game... If it were not for the red white and black, I would be as interested, if at all...

Im sure we're not alone in feeling this way...

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Harvey To Hayes wrote:If I didn't have 35 years invested in following the Saints and an intense tribal desire to see us win the flag I'd walk away from the AFL in an instant and focus on watching club footy. The AFL is a disgrace with its contrived inconsistencies and (barely) hidden agendas.

agree 100% except i'm into 45 years

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Aussie rules is by far the best game in the world,by far

but by god aren't the AFL doing a spectacular job of f***ing it up

Rules commitee- Insipid
Match Review Panel- makes the Rules commitee look like a well oiled machine,and that's saying something
Games integrity-Cascading off the face of the earth rapidly

Bring back the Lockett era
bergsone
SS Life Member

jonesy wrote:Aussie rules is by far the best game in the world,by far

Rules commitee- Insipid
Match Review Panel- makes the Rules commitee look like a well oiled machine,and that's saying something
Agree,the amount of people of my era,who now say I am over it is not only disappointing,but very worrying :(

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

No Melee Fines>? :D

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Laughable

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Aussie rules is by far the best game in the world,by far

Rules commitee- Insipid
Couldnt agree more.

Our great game is being ruined by the "rules" makers and the dickwads in charge.

The boss is too busy trying to get clubs off the ground that will fall over in a decade (and will thin the talent pool even further making the gap between good and bad even wider) and proping up clubs that are on their last legs to try and fix what is actually wrong.

With the Rugby World Cup coming and the new Super 15 team in Melbourne putting togther a great squad, A League season starting soon and the Storm giving the bird to the Sydney establishment its almost danger signs for the AFL.

Not that I think any of those sports will take enough fans/sponsors ect away to be a serious threat but if this kind of rubbish keeps up it might make a sizable dent.

1 week is an out and out joke. Im just about a 100 point drubbing from the Filth or another Grand Final failure away from packing it in.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

I've been to more Storm games this year, than I have AFL games!

And I'm finding myself watching neutral NRL matches now! And I'm thoroughly enojoyin it!

Worrying trend!

I love seeing the cameras on the coaches in the boxes going feral, and not hiding their emotions for some unbeknown reason.

Interestingly, what I'm enjoying about the NRL, is the same stuff that I used to love about AFL footy.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/r ... 1ij7b.html

the look on McPhee's face shows he feared the worst when he sees Gilbo down.....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107