RESPECT

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

RESPECT

Might I remind everyone that we have rules here. Up until now I have tried to let things roll a bit, and allowed veteran posters to sort out the occasional skirmish. The characters here are one of the things that makes this site great. But the forum is becoming less and less enjoyable for the rule abiding posters. I don't want to start going Milan Faletic on all of you, but a lot of you seem to need ruling by an iron fist.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

IT'S NOT THAT HARD, JUST SHOW RESPECT

THAT IS ALL.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Well posted dcstkfc.

saint tash
Club Player

My thread, albeit a decent one got locked but can understand why because of the narrow minded minority.

Oh when the saints go charging in!
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Well put.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

What is all this about?

Seems like the forum has been pretty cordial the past couple of days (wouldn't say its because one particular poster hasn't been posting, but it helps).

Where is the problem ATM dcstkfc?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:What is all this about?

Seems like the forum has been pretty cordial the past couple of days (wouldn't say its because one particular poster hasn't been posting, but it helps).

Where is the problem ATM dcstkfc?
This goes beyond the last few days.

The last 2-3 weeks have been bad.

There are a core of about 10-12 trouble posters, none of whom are trouble posters in isolation (not trolls), but when personalities or opinions clash, many try to degrade those who do not agree.

As I said, respect is needed.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Found it.

Yes posters threatening violence is beyond the pale.

Thought the forum had calmed down after the "Where is everybody sitting thread" but the new thread is disintegrating.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Zac Attack
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Found it.

Thought the forum had calmed down after the "Where is everybody sitting thread" but the new thread is disintegrating.
I found it bizarre that Dooley stated that I took a swing at him so I am rolling with it I guess.

People on this forum saw the events and they too cannot understand why he is making such accusations up.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Zac Attack wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Found it.

I found it bizarre that Dooley stated that I took a swing at him so I am rolling with it I guess.

People on this forum saw the events and they too cannot understand why he is making such accusations up.
Dont know what happened Zac Attack, but I think the mod has made this a general warning for all posters.

Hopefully all posters will get the message.

Lance or James??

Richter
SS Life Member

I'm reading up a bit late here.... but from what I can see, one of the organisers of the MW and a member of the Saints cheer squad have been abused and threatened with violence by one other poster on a 'Saints' fan forum.

Is that about it?

What just ignore him.... right oh... turn the other cheek eh?

Bullies need consequences and fora need rules.

Violence and bullying are not acceptable either in cyberspace or on terra firma. Get it off here. Not cool at all.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
markinUSA
SS Life Member

Terrible behaviour to yell at Cheer Squad members.
Unforgivable.
Maybe the Club should be notified to stop these people from creating an anti-social environment... the whole cyber-bullying turning into in-person bullying, abuse and perceived threats of violence deserves a serious response from the AFL and/or the Club. If they try it again, the people in the Cheersquad have every right to be protected, and the people doing it should be banned from footy.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Shouldnt this be in the general forum. There is a thread on songs already.

Zac Attack
Club Player

markinUSA wrote:Terrible behaviour to yell at Cheer Squad members.
Unforgivable.
Maybe the Club should be notified to stop these people from creating an anti-social environment... the whole cyber-bullying turning into in-person bullying, abuse and perceived threats of violence deserves a serious response from the AFL and/or the Club. If they try it again, the people in the Cheersquad have every right to be protected, and the people doing it should be banned from footy.
The club has a business to run. The club has more prevelant issues to deal with.

There was no perceived threat of violence as there was nothing. It was a boy running up to a man and saying his bit and the man not backing down to the boy. From this the boy ran away.

Batnoe
Club Player

Zac Attack wrote:
Unforgivable.
The club has a business to run. The club has more prevelant issues to deal with.

There was no perceived threat of violence as there was nothing. It was a boy running up to a man and saying his bit and the man not backing down to the boy. From this the boy ran away.

The man?

So who is the man out of this? I actually know you and i find this hilarious!

Carn Saints
Zac Attack
Club Player

Batnoe wrote:
Zac Attack wrote:
Unforgivable.

The man?

So who is the man out of this? I actually know you and i find this hilarious!
I'm huge.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Classy guys.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Re: RESPECT

dcstkfc wrote:Might I remind everyone that we have rules here. Up until now I have tried to let things roll a bit, and allowed veteran posters to sort out the occasional skirmish. The characters here are one of the things that makes this site great. But the forum is becoming less and less enjoyable for the rule abiding posters. I don't want to start going Milan Faletic on all of you, but a lot of you seem to need ruling by an iron fist.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

IT'S NOT THAT HARD, JUST SHOW RESPECT

THAT IS ALL.
As i said in the other thread, there is no need to shout.

Having being a victim of rough justice on this forum before, I am very apprehensive about general threats.

Transgressors should be warned about their posting by PM.

If they do not desist they should be banned for a period of time.

If there are to be warnings issued in open forum, the persons receiving the warnings should be named. It should not be left open in a 'one size fits all" approach.

My two bobs worth. Disrespect of the mods is not intended.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Any bullying or threats of violence by any poster should be met with the consequences of a holiday from the forum.

End of story.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

you might as well delete the rules thread

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Any bullying or threats of violence by any poster should be met with the consequences of a holiday from the forum.

End of story.
Shut up or I will punch your head in - oops :oops:

Seriously though I agree, however some posters should not resort to telling others to stfu et al when one poster has had a go at their post.

I understand the general warning and I think we should ALL take heed.

One thing I am concerned about is a certain :roll: :roll: ...FFS... :roll: :roll:
poster doesn't seem to be around ATM.

I would like to think the moderators, after issuing a general warning would not make exceptions.

Lance or James??

markp
Saintsational Legend

Not banning trolls is a great move... pure genius.

Seriously.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Any bullying or threats of violence by any poster should be met with the consequences of a holiday from the forum.

End of story.
Shut up or I will punch your head in - oops :oops:

Seriously though I agree, however some posters should not resort to telling others to stfu et al when one poster has had a go at their post.

I understand the general warning and I think we should ALL take heed.

One thing I am concerned about is a certain :roll: :roll: ...FFS... :roll: :roll:
poster doesn't seem to be around ATM.

I would like to think the moderators, after issuing a general warning would not make exceptions.
Just STFU! :lol:

Seriously, I understand the respect warning....but telling someone to STFU is a bit different to threatening to physically harm someone. One doesn't have to necessarily lead to the other on this board.

And if you don't believe me, I will punch your lights out the next time I see you in Aisle 35. I wear an orange cap.....

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:you might as well delete the rules thread
The rules weren't worth the keyboard they were typed on.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I once got a warning for calling one ugly poster a 'forum nazi'...they went and cried to the mods about it,and laughably I copped a warning.

This place is a much brighter place since this sour sack hasn't been posting

Bring back the Lockett era
matrix
Saintsational Legend

exactly
while long term posters have diff of opinions and it gets heated and posters get pissed off with each other, sending out a general email telling everyone to ignore trolls and they will go away is amazing.

yup
every single poster is going to ignore the troll posts and threads and theyll end up talking/posting to themselves and eventually get bored and go away

brilliant