Ross is contracted for next year so...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Hallalj#3
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
goddardisgod wrote:Think Lyon would be very good with the calibre of young players on the Melbourne list.
But a lot of people on here reckon he's no good at developing young players :?
yeah and there idiots.. 95% of our playing list are better players because of him.. Joey didn't lay a tackle before Ross got there dal didn't know the meaning of both ways, Milne the same. Gwilt would be playing back at noble park if Ross didn't give him time to develop.. And list goes on..

Richter
SS Life Member

I'm actually surprised it has taken this long for his name to be brought up. There was a story a couple of weeks ago about his contract.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Dean Laidley will get the Melbourne gig though. Think he might do a pretty good job too.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:I'm actually surprised it has taken this long for his name to be brought up. There was a story a couple of weeks ago about his contract.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Dean Laidley will get the Melbourne gig though. Think he might do a pretty good job too.
laidley moving down from a team with no money, no members and a couple of flags in the last fifteen years; to a team with no money, no members and no flags for 47 years. next he'll be at footscray!

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ross is contracted for next year so...

iwantmeseats wrote:why the hell did Firstly Caro mention Melbourne should look at him, THEN just now Gerard Whately on AFL360 suggested exactly the same thing. WTF?

Just seems very weird to me, must know something we dont because its not normal. Coaches, very rarely, just dont get poached under contract. hmmm...
I reckon that most of the time its the managers of coach's / players who leak contract debates to the press , either directly or indirectly through a third party, in order to attempt to get a better deal for there cilent .

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

goddardisgod wrote:Think Lyon would be very good with the calibre of young players on the Melbourne list.

But he's ours. Stay the feck away.
Their attacking game and scoring up forward suits Lyon he only needs to work heavily on their defensive structure. :wink:

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Ross will do a new 4 year deal shortly just ironing out minor details.
That's what I reckon anyways

#1 Ryder fan
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

I think Ross, or any prospective coach for that matter, would be greatly concerned by the back office machinations at the Demons.

It was Caro herself who reported that the players were mentally spent from a week of in-fighting regarding the operations manager and head of football there, prior to the shellacking by the Cats.

It was Caro too, who fired off the interview question to Ross about Pelchen's appointment and got a fairly detailed insight into the process that occurred, and where both he and Ross fit into the structure of the club.

Having spent years contributing to the assembling of a top-flight footy department, I hardly think Ross is about to walk off and start that process all over again - with no guarantee of the level of support that he currently enjoys.

Caro is stirring the pot.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."