David Armitage

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

David Armitage

Armitage has one choice - sign whatever contract St Kilda puts in front of him.
That's if St Kilda offer him one.

4 kicks, 8 handpasses, 2 tackles, gave away 4 frees, could not kick 50 metres and knew it.
18 Gold Coast players did better than him.

He completely blew his chance to impress the Gold Coast recruiters.
Lowered his colours to bunch of children.

The only St Kilda player who did poorer was Geary but he spent most of the game wearing the green substitutes vest.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Middo
Club Player

Re: David Armitage

ace wrote:Armitage has one choice - sign whatever contract St Kilda puts in front of him.
That's if St Kilda offer him one.

4 kicks, 8 handpasses, 2 tackles, gave away 4 frees, could not kick 50 metres and knew it.
18 Gold Coast players did better than him.

He completely blew his chance to impress the Gold Coast recruiters.
Lowered his colours to bunch of children.

The only St Kilda player who did poorer was Geary but he spent most of the game wearing the green substitutes vest.
Nice work Ace ...... :roll: :roll:

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

GC wouldnt even have him on the rador.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Played out of position...

The old defensive fwd trick.....easiest way to ruin an afl player

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

no brownlow????

out the back with armo!!!

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
noreason41
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Played out of position...

Who has been ruined as a 'defensive fwd' other than McQualter?

Incidentally, McQualter was delisted before playing as a 'defensive fwd' and probably extended his career by 50odd games.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

mini was playing well in teh magoos before getting injured.

I suspect that RL was keeping mini tempered in case of injury.

RL is not afraid of dropping a Dal Santo, Montagna, if they cross his rules.

He's brought armo up to a boil and mcevoy is being talked about in the media as part of the next generation of great ruckmen...and he's 19 or 20. Given most ruckmen have a small window of 23/24 to 28/29 its exciting times for us.

And people were calling for jack steven to either be traded or delisted, but RL kept him in the reserves letting him taste a little here and little there and now he's being tagged.

throwing the kids to the wolves? no, RL is teaching the kids to hit the wolves with a stick in the eye.

SHUT UP KRIME!
saintslegendLH
Club Player

noreason41 wrote:

Who has been ruined as a 'defensive fwd' other than McQualter?

Incidentally, McQualter was delisted before playing as a 'defensive fwd' and probably extended his career by 50odd games.
Mate you are so clueless. Arno is a midfielder that in short periods of time, will play well at hff, much like dal and Joey, on mcqualter you clearly didn't watch the 09 season. Btw do you think it's a coincidence that he was playing good footy in the vfl, he was playing mid and was in the bests 6 times in 8 matches with 4 bogs. I have no doubt he could reproduce good dorm at afl if we wa playing mid. Armo was playing well earlier in the season, why do you think he has dropped off?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintslegendLH wrote: Btw do you think it's a coincidence that he was playing good footy in the vfl, he was playing mid
yes he is a good mid but VFL is not AFL
saintslegendLH wrote: Armo was playing well earlier in the season, why do you think he has dropped off?
But then Jack Steven began playing that role better. Earlier this season, while Armo was going OK in the midfield we lost most games. Since Jack Steven has taken his role, we have won 8 out odf 10.

Now that is not the only reason of course, but the move forward of Armo has really strengthened out forward line pressure which was non existant at the beginning of the year.

Armo is good enough to play in the seniors and has really contributed to the teams better forward defence whil Jack Steven has excelled in and under of late.

It has been a real win win for the team. Armo has contributed signifcantly.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Armo couldn't walk without limping from the bounce and he had a heavily strapped calf. I think Ross new the points were in the bag and let him go see the folks even though he was only 50%. i actually thought that despite the stats looking good Montagna had a shocker, he missed targets and fumbled which is totally out of character.

saintslegendLH
Club Player

Yeah I agree on jack completely, his form in the midfield has been incredible.
And I agree on armos pressure in the forward line ( gambles pressure is severly underated) I'm just explaining armo's dip in form to those halfwits who think armo is a dud.

On mini, since he has matured as a player we havn't given him the opporunity, he was bog nab cup (low standard I know) I just think he deserves a go.

Hallalj#3
Club Player

i actually thought that despite the stats looking good Montagna had a shocker, he missed targets and fumbled which is totally out of character.[/quote]

Agree.. Worst half of football i've seen him play.. Better after halftime..

Beekay
SS Life Member

sook sook sook

So much for being a "gun" ya flogger :lol:

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I think he is a gun.....And in about 20% of his total games he has been very good

I guess time will tell...

One thing is pretty clear....all his games in the midfield have been solid to good.....all his games fwd have been solid to poor

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I think he is a gun.....And in about 20% of his total games he has been very good

One thing is pretty clear....all his games in the midfield have been solid to good.....all his games fwd have been solid to poor
Yep but all his game forward have just about been wins. probably not important in the scheme of things.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Hardly a gun

At best can be a solid inside mid

At worst a good VFL player

He is somewhere in between

Bring back the Lockett era
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

he needs a spade!

SHUT UP KRIME!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Or continued opportunity...

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Don't get me wrong, I love his aggressiveness and attack at the ball and the man....but he has to get out of the habit of diving into a contest and going to ground. 9 out of 10 times the ball spills free and he is out of the contest. Sometimes it's better to stay on your feet and fight a draw.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I think he is a gun.....And in about 20% of his total games he has been very good

Had a lot of games in the midfield that have been very poor.

bob__71
Club Player

I agree with Joffa. I think Armo has contrbuted well.

Armo gets bagged as playing poorly as a defensive forward. And Mcqualter gets bagged for playing poorly as a defensive forward. I would suggest that some of you just dont understand the role of the defensive forward.

Here is a hint. Don't put defensive forwards in your Super Coach team.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:I agree with Joffa. I think Armo has contrbuted well.

Armo gets bagged as playing poorly as a defensive forward. And Mcqualter gets bagged for playing poorly as a defensive forward. I would suggest that some of you just dont understand the role of the defensive forward.

Here is a hint. Don't put defensive forwards in your Super Coach team.
I think a lot of people don't see the value of that role

It seems to be something that RL clearly rates andeveryone understands that but the contention is whether or not it's worth sacrificing someone for the return that you get

me personally I donn't see it

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

noreason41 wrote:Who has been ruined as a 'defensive fwd' other than McQualter?
Who has been "ruined as a 'defensive forward'", full stop?

God forbid anyone suggest that the likes of McQualter and Eddy had poor offensive capability to start with - and the main reason for them getting a game at all was because their defensive abilities were good, and as a package they had more to offer at the time than any of the other players fighting for a spot.

Because like many things, it just gets repeated on here often enough until it becomes established as 'fact'. :roll:

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Batnoe
Club Player

Unless you're a gun.. it is hard to play 22 perfect rounds.

Armo at his best is hard to stop, he's a tank and we need his strong body... Its not all possession based.. he jumps on the ball and jumps at the man. I think the umpires were very whistle weary the other night and pinned armo for a few holding the ball (he happened to be first at the ball)

He's playing his role and has now played a lot of games in a row for the first time, his confidence in knowing he belongs will be better for it

Carn Saints
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

He's too inconsistent for mine. Plays one good game...a couple of poor games and so on. He probably is being played out of position but if we're for real we should look at trading him while he has some value...or spade him whatever.