How many weeks. Zac?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Nothing.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Grantaire
Opposition Fan

Haven't seen this incident, but it really bothers me that the MRP is so focussed on the end status- i.e. whether a player is injured. Surely the only that matter is the intention / carelessness of the player, and the likelihood that such actions can cause injury?

That's why I think it was such a disgrace that Riewoldt got rubbed out- sure, it wasn't particularly nice for Symes, but there was absolutely nothing in NR's actions to warrant suspension.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Grantaire wrote:Haven't seen this incident, but it really bothers me that the MRP is so focussed on the end status- i.e. whether a player is injured. Surely the only that matter is the intention / carelessness of the player, and the likelihood that such actions can cause injury?

That's why I think it was such a disgrace that Riewoldt got rubbed out- sure, it wasn't particularly nice for Symes, but there was absolutely nothing in NR's actions to warrant suspension.
I've heard oppo supporters say that their club is targeted ... but I sincerely reckon we get the rough end of the stick more than often.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Grantaire wrote:Haven't seen this incident, but it really bothers me that the MRP is so focussed on the end status- i.e. whether a player is injured. Surely the only that matter is the intention / carelessness of the player, and the likelihood that such actions can cause injury?

I've heard oppo supporters say that their club is targeted ... but I sincerely reckon we get the rough end of the stick more than often.
Where is plugger when we need him most!

Grantaire
Opposition Fan

The Fireman wrote:

We all sincerely believe that.

But a particular bugbear of mine is attempted tripping- Dustin Fletcher has been the biggest culprit of that over the last few years. Sure, often he even misses- but you throw your leg out like that, it's very easy to do serious damage...

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The Sunday Footy Show & GameDay will give us a reasonable indicator to Zac's fate !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

he has failed, his is now part of the problem.

its time....

FOR THE SPADE

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
bozza1980
Club Player

I agree.

Surely you punish the action not the result.

By their approach this season the MRP have had the opposite effect than what it was designed for. It has become a lottery rather than a consistent mechanism.

A key example are the two Trengove "sling tackles" both are the same action but one caused injury and one didn't so one warranted 3 weeks and one none.

If you actually want to eradicate the behaviour you have to punish all accordingly, if it remains a lottery players will take their chances.

That said, this wasn't even the worst "sling tackle", the tackle by the Geelong player on Jack Steven is the worst of the lot, pile driving a player head first into the turf could cause catastrophic damage, penalty in this case - 1 week.

Then you have the inconsistency in that a player laying a bump a legal part of the game, slightly incorrectly (ala Riewoldt) being adjudged a 3 week penalty. Yet Brad Ottens elbows a player, never a legal part of the game, 100m off the ball and is judged a 2 week penalty. Really??

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

He should get off because he was in the action of spoiling, the umps didn't see it as anything too sinister, the media didn't put him on trial, interstate foxtel game, no injury -should walk.

Then again 32 weeks if they are feeling like a sacrifice needs making to the great sun god.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:[A key example are the two Trengove "sling tackles" both are the same action but one caused injury and one didn't so one warranted 3 weeks and one none.

If you actually want to eradicate the behaviour you have to punish all accordingly, if it remains a lottery players will take their chances.

That said, this wasn't even the worst "sling tackle", the tackle by the Geelong player on Jack Steven is the worst of the lot, pile driving a player head first into the turf could cause catastrophic damage, penalty in this case - 1 week
The Geelong player wasn't penalised at all.

All I want is some clarity on the rules so everyone knows where they stand.

The AFL should make it clear. If there is no significant injury, the player walks.

Even if that is a bad rule, at least you'd know what you can and cannot do.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Two weeks with Zac's record and a dumb act with seven minutes to go in a game we've won.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Two weeks with Zac's record and a dumb act with seven minutes to go in a game we've won.
A dumb act?

Or a slight error of judgement in a desperate attempt to spoil a mark?

I'm glad that you can be so certain of your assessment.

And are you suggesting that the players should back off from all contests once the game is "won"?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

At least it gives some of the dick head supporters the opportunity to complain about Zac in a game he played well in and if suspended a why didn't Tommy Walsh get a game when he is obviously better than every player on our list.

Helen
Club Player

I hope he gets off because he is the most important player in our side. Apart from taking the best forward every week, he also plays 100% of game time allowing our mids to rest on the interchange bench.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Low impact, High contact, negligent. then add the carry over points.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Great work plugger.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Great work plugger.
Thanks. That will be the true facts instead of someone lying to try and make their position sound better and when found out they go away and hope no one notices. Who does that I wonder?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

matrix
Saintsational Legend

actually just saw it on the news again
twice

he was a tad late
he did cop him in the head with a forearm

imo
gaaaaaawn

if roo gets 3 weeks for standing and bracing himself downgraded to 1
then zac will get 5 upgraded to 8 due to a bad record

who knows with this mob called a MRP

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

i have a link to the process the MRP use to calculate the suspension for the player...

SHUT UP KRIME!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

whats the bet they use a sharpened spade to chuck at the thing???

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Or a wrench

SHUT UP KRIME!
GoTheTorp
Club Player

MRP HQ

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

lol

SHUT UP KRIME!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Anything Zac gets can be doubled or tripled for O'Shea from Port !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!