WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON

We are Social Club Members and wish to go go to Saints V,S Freo.
When ringing ticketmaster they told us Social Club area is full. I then proceded to ask about other seating.
There were seats available on level three for around $100.00 for five of us.
My beef here is folks, how come we have to pay to sit up with the pigeons
this is just ridiculous :evil: :evil: :evil:

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

ring again or try the internet booking person may have been misinformed

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON

stairwaytoheaven
the Social club area was sold as reserved seating when the membership information came out Last October
so has been full since then.

for the Home games we have had at Etihad at this year seating for non - reserved seat holders has been Level 3.
unless you reserve a seat on level 1 or 2 for the game.

Suggestion: I wonder how people would feel about paying a 'discounted' seat reserveation fee if you have Social club? as the club has gone the Full reservation route for level 1.

and Disclaimer: I have NO idea if this is possible, or even any sort of option..... is just a suggestion.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

THANKS FOLKS BUT I WISH TO KNOW HOW MANY SEATS WERE RESREVED TO HOW MANY SOCIAL CLUB MEMBERS . We pay for five in a family and have done for thirteen years. it was not worth reserving seats for us as we only go to about two games a year because of our kids playing winter sport

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

stairwaytoheaven

I just tried as a non member- as I have reserved seats it would not have allowed me in

but under the section - online
general public - Reserved seating (St.Kilda V Fremantle - Reserved
)
and could get 3 ( I tried first) or 5 ( mixed adult and child) in level 1 Aisle 45 Row J

St Kilda V Fremantle Dockers - Club Members - if you have memberships it will be less than what I got quoted so that is irrelevant-- should be around $20 per adult ( not sure on Junior or concession) for reservation with membership.. saint66au will have more idea of exact prices.

if you are ringing then there could be seats even closer to the Freo Goals for the reduced cost that a few bays entail.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

stairwaytoheaven wrote:THANKS FOLKS BUT I WISH TO KNOW HOW MANY SEATS WERE RESREVED TO HOW MANY SOCIAL CLUB MEMBERS . We pay for five in a family and have done for thirteen years. it was not worth reserving seats for us as we only go to about two games a year because of our kids playing winter sport
to my understanding they just sold as requested till sold out... and some on here have said they have reserved seats even though they only get a few times.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

More evidence that the club has no regard whatsoever for Social Club Members, or members in general. Just interested in moneygrabbing.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

Iam going to write to the club about this its just not good enough. The operater told meabout aisle 45 was not really inetrested as near dockers,would rater sit with the Saint fans, in saying all this took the level three tickets as kids wre wanting to go

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:More evidence that the club has no regard whatsoever for Social Club Members, or members in general. Just interested in moneygrabbing.
How AFL.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

Dear Michael,
We have been Social Club Members for thirteen years now and for the last few years were unable to attend many matches due to our teenage children playing Winter sports. This year is no different and we have to pick whatever game is convenient for us.
As individuals we were given the opportunity to reserve seats in the Social Club area, we decided not to go with this as it would not be worth it and thought we would still be able to sit with our other fellow supporters.
Just the other night I decided to book tickets for Saints versus Freo only to find that the Social Club area is booked out and we have to go for seating elsewhere. This really disappointed us as now we are up for an extra $100.00 and have to sit up in level 3 with the pigeons.
We love our Saints and all we want is the opportunity to sit in the area which is rightly ours as we have certainly paid for it .

stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

The above letter is what i have sent. Let.s hope we get a favourable answer.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

stairwaytoheaven wrote:The above letter is what i have sent. Let.s hope we get a favourable answer.
Would be good if you do, but it wont happen.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
stairwaytoheaven wrote:The above letter is what i have sent. Let.s hope we get a favourable answer.
Would be good if you do, but it wont happen.
but trying can't hurt and without constructive approaches they wont know.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
hellorocky
Club Player

good luck with that - I'm still waiting for a reply from a few weeks ago that I sent on behalf of a few dozen people

Anyway, it was made quite clear in the paperwork that if you didn't take up the reserved option in the SC area on L 1, you would not be able to book anywhere else on L 1 or any vacant SC seats. The only option is what you have been offered on L 3. Which means the only real benefit for non-reserved SC'ers is access to a GF ticket.

I do ask why you thought you would need to book for a Friday night game against an interstate team?

We decided that for the $60 per seat this year it far out weighed the 'stress' of logging on, on the Sat prior to the game to book, printing massive ink draining tickets that had to be folded 50 billion times to fit into the lanyard, paying TM highly inflated booking fees for using their crappy booking system etc etc etc that it would be worth it.

And if we didn't like the seats this year we wouldn't have to pay for them again next year, although I think they will be $120 per seat next year which will stretch the budget a bit more

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

My thoughts from a previous thread :

Our "group" consists of eight.

Two of them live overseas and make it to a couple of games a year - it's pretty rare that all other six can make it to each home game at the same time.

So in the past I would book for those of us who were actually going to go to the footy and sometimes could bring mates along because of the extra memberships.

I enjoyed sitting in the Aisle 18 area bhind the Jiggster and it was always good having different neighbours each week.

This year we opted for the seating allocation and after they stuffed them up the first time and allocated us the WAGs seats, we ended up over on the city side. But we had to of course take all eight together.

This year the OS members won't make a game.

I've had other seats available on L2 through friends a couple of times and so our seating area of eight looks terribly sad quite often.

In previous years I wouldn't have booked those empty seats and they could have gone to other Saints members.

In years gone by you would easily have been able to book seats for your group.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The club got greedy sand thought with 45K members this year we'd have average crowds of 40K per game and SC could easily be shafted due to high demand for seats.

Went all pear shaped early in the season and even with 40K members our crowds are still piss poor.

Best option is to buy reserved seats on level 3 for $60 per seat per year. It's a bargain. First 6 rows of level 3 aren't too high up either.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:The club got greedy sand thought with 45K members this year we'd have average crowds of 40K per game and SC could easily be shafted due to high demand for seats.

Went all pear shaped early in the season and even with 40K members our crowds are still piss poor.

Best option is to buy reserved seats on level 3 for $60 per seat per year. It's a bargain. First 6 rows of level 3 aren't too high up either.
You will find they will change the social club seating if they are struggle next season. I know people think it is short term thinking what they did and isnt fair on social club members but clubs have to make money in the good times because there will always be poor times and SC members will drop off whatever benefits they get. And I am a SC member so I am talking through my pocket.

On a side issue I dont understand watching footy from level one. I get free tickets every game to level one but never use them. I love level 3 You can watch how the game sets up which to me is the best thing about footy. Some people say you are to far away but I would think most regulars know every players running style so they should know who everyone is even if they struggle with the numbers.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: I get free tickets every game to level one but never use them. I love level 3 You can watch how the game sets up which to me is the best thing about footy.
now there's some of the seats people are after........

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Come and sit at L3 Aisle 35 with the Moorabbin Wing. Get there early and get a good seat.

First six rows are reserved for season ticket seat holders, but the ones behind are free.

If you get there early you are not too far back and the view is excellent.

Best of all wont cost you a cent.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:The club got greedy sand thought with 45K members this year we'd have average crowds of 40K per game and SC could easily be shafted due to high demand for seats.

You will find they will change the social club seating if they are struggle next season. I know people think it is short term thinking what they did and isnt fair on social club members but clubs have to make money in the good times because there will always be poor times and SC members will drop off whatever benefits they get. And I am a SC member so I am talking through my pocket.

On a side issue I dont understand watching footy from level one. I get free tickets every game to level one but never use them. I love level 3 You can watch how the game sets up which to me is the best thing about footy. Some people say you are to far away but I would think most regulars know every players running style so they should know who everyone is even if they struggle with the numbers.
Don't pretend tha you care either way, you get free tickets on level one and also have access to the AFL members area.

But on the first point, theproblem is that they havepissed off the long term social club members who would stay on even if a grand fnal was just a future dream. Also it has meant that we have decided not to make the trip up as many times this winter from geelong as we don't like sitting upstairs. So there are less supporters at the game, less supporters buying merchandise etc. Long term this is a no brainer. I like the idea of paying he club to reserve out seats each week. Might cost a little to set up but no reason onceit's set up on the internet it could not make a long term profit.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
matrix
Saintsational Legend

level 3
pffft

sc should be level 2 imo

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
plugger66 wrote: I get free tickets every game to level one but never use them. I love level 3 You can watch how the game sets up which to me is the best thing about footy.
now there's some of the seats people are after........
Well I give mine away every week so they arent vacant so all I can is bad luck to those people who want them.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:level 3
pffft

sc should be level 2 imo
it is, if you want to pay an extra $140 on top of your 12 game season ticket plus another $125 or what ever for SC membership.

Adds up to about $650 a year. Some people cant pay that type of money to watch footy.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

bloody hell thats crazy

i dont use what i have for obvious reasons but crikey two of ya is 1300 a year
agreed
bit steep for peeps

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Come and sit at L3 Aisle 35 with the Moorabbin Wing. Get there early and get a good seat.

First six rows are reserved for season ticket seat holders, but the ones behind are free.

If you get there early you are not too far back and the view is excellent.

Best of all wont cost you a cent.
Yep, also there is standing room right below on Level 1 which won't cost anything. Perhaps not watching in absolute comfort, but there are some passionate fans in the area which help make the experience enjoyable.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!