FWD line without Roo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bohica_18

FWD line without Roo

Do people agree that our unpredictable forward line this weekend should be more potent than with Roo around?

And will Lynch be able to do a good job, probably, playing second fiddle to Kosi

How many goals do people expect us to kick this week? 20? 25?

Zac Attack
Club Player

I expect Kosi to kick a few although Nathan Bock is a quality player. Sheer supply should win out though due to our superior everywhere on the field bar Ablett.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Zac Attack wrote:I expect Kosi to kick a few although Nathan Bock is a quality player. Sheer supply should win out though due to our superior everywhere on the field bar Ablett.
Underestimate Rischitelli, Matera, Brennan, Swallow, Lynch, and Smith at your peril.

They are on par with what we have in similar roles.

They win their individual contests and towel up the clearances we may find ourselves in a spot of heat.

IMO there's little good about Roo being absent. He's a gun contributor even in poor form.

But if Bock goes to Kozi/Macca, it leaves Brown to take either Gamble or Milne, and Harbrow to take the one Brown doesn't. Harbrow is loose as a goose defensively.

If we have good contested ball stats and good entry numbers, they should be all at sea.

Equally, at the other end we have a defence that will stretch them.

If Dawson takes the dangerous Lynch, man for man our defenders maul whatever combinations they throw forward. Although I'd like to see Lynch come in, for these reasons maybe we'll see Baker come in to blanket Matera and perhaps free a Gilbert or a Fisher to push forward.

But all in all it comes down to the centre. Tackle, hassle, disrupt, force into error.

They turn it over already. If we are 'on' they should turn it over even more.

Lots of upside for Raph and Kozi in this one. Big opportunity.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
ThePunter
Club Player

McKenna has already indicated that one of the kids will go to Milne.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Re: FWD line without Roo

Bohica_18 wrote:Do people agree that our unpredictable forward line this weekend should be more potent than with Roo around?.
Only complete morons or supporters of other clubs.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Looks weak imo

Bock would be happy.....so would Brown.

Our backline will. Be our saviour this week

They have good mids..... Poor fwd line

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Hope Gamble kicks 10 and Milne and Schnieder continue their good form. Kosi has a big job close to goal.

jays
Club Player

we will be fine should win easy

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Looks weak imo

Bock would be happy.....so would Brown.

Our backline will. Be our saviour this week

They have good mids..... Poor fwd line
I would have taken enormous delight in seeing Bock and/or Brown and/or both blowing up under the weight of Roo's big tank.

f*** you, MRP.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Rosco
Club Player

Bohica_18 wrote:Do people agree that our unpredictable forward line this weekend should be more potent than with Roo around?
no.

and only upredictable if we kick it to someone other than milney once in a while.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

We need to play smart coming forward and "deliver" to the best opportunity - Milny for 6 big ones!

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Where's Siposs at? Should bring him in if available.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Where's Siposs at? Should bring him in if available.
Has been injured; may still be injured.

Even if he's right to go has missed a few weeks now and would need to return via Sandy I would imagine.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Will Johnson?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Will Johnson?
Missed last week and was pretty poor the game before.

One would imagine Lynch is the man.

The big query is Walsh. Lyon has stated before he wants to give him a senior game this year. Injured first 5 minutes on Saturday and apparently taken to Hospital. If he's managed to escape injury then he would still be in the mix to have a hit out against the Gold Coast kiddies - IMO of course.

Helen
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:
Bohica_18 wrote:Do people agree that our unpredictable forward line this weekend should be more potent than with Roo around?.
EXCUSE ME perfectionist!! Who the hell are you?? I happen to agree that our forward line will function infinitely better without Riewoldt. At least this week the good work of our half back line and midfield will be rewarded with accurate kicking for goal. Nothing worse than for our players watching the German buffoon spray the ball all over the place and then see it go to the other end for an 11 point turn around.

Do you remember the awe inspiring smother by Heath Shaw in GF2??

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

With Rooey out, I can't see them giving Walsh a game this week - too big of a risk. Lynch will be named.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:With Rooey out, I can't see them giving Walsh a game this week - too big of a risk. Lynch will be named.
Probably right I think.

Gee, a fit Sipposs would have been perfect.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Helen wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
EXCUSE ME perfectionist!! Who the hell are you?? I happen to agree that our forward line will function infinitely better without Riewoldt. At least this week the good work of our half back line and midfield will be rewarded with accurate kicking for goal. Nothing worse than for our players watching the German buffoon spray the ball all over the place and then see it go to the other end for an 11 point turn around.

Don't worry, your forward line won't have Riewoldt this week, or any other week for that matter! :roll:

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Helen wrote:I happen to agree that our forward line will function infinitely better without Riewoldt. Nothing worse than for our players watching the German buffoon spray the ball all over the place and then see it go to the other end for an 11 point turn around.

You're awesome, and must be just a massive, massive saints fan.

Some of your best work right there…

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Helen wrote:
perfectionist wrote:

Don't worry, your forward line won't have Riewoldt this week, or any other week for that matter! :roll:
Can you actually decipher what that Helen writes.

All I can make out is a wet fart smear.

Helen
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote the following dribble.....
Don't worry, your forward line won't have Riewoldt this week, or any other week for that matter!
Do you have proof that I follow Essendon? Or are you just going by what Geoff (Joffaboy) keeps going on about?

Actually Geoff has been very quiet lately. Are you his alter ego?? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Bohica_18

Im a die-hard Saint don't worry about that, and with Rooey out Kosi gets a better defender and this cascades down the forwards making things more difficult but I remember the Richmond game (Rd 2 i think) where i believe they played well because J Roo was off. Only my opinion but we may be able to do something similar this week and be very attacking

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Helen wrote:Dr Spaceman wrote the following dribble.....
Don't worry, your forward line won't have Riewoldt this week, or any other week for that matter!
Do you have proof that I follow Essendon? Or are you just going by what Geoff (Joffaboy) keeps going on about?

Actually Geoff has been very quiet lately. Are you his alter ego?? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I don't know who you are and I don't know who you follow

I do know it's not the Saints.

And unlike you I don't need any alter egos because I have enough interests in my life that I don't need to amuse myself by appearing on opposition forums.

You are a sad person whoever you are.

Helen
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Helen wrote:Dr Spaceman wrote the following dribble.....

I don't know who you are and I don't know who you follow

I do know it's not the Saints.

And unlike you I don't need any alter egos because I have enough interests in my life that I don't need to amuse myself by appearing on opposition forums.

You are a sad person whoever you are.
You are so so wrong my friend, and one day I will prove it. :shock: