Court case

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:quick acquittal. female jury.
they say female juries often dont sympathise with a victim in these cases. and if she was a good looking victim with a history of picking up footy players - then fellow fem's would judge her poorly.
yep....sad but true....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

P

FOOTBALLER Andrew Lovett's ex-girlfriend claims she feared she would die as he held her hostage and bashed her.

Ms Watson told the Herald Sun Lovett bombarded her with 180 text messages for two months after their tumultuous breakup on February 4 last year.

In one, he allegedly said he was a "special person" who "could probably get away with murder".

pretty true...what he said....

:roll: :roll: :evil:

Zac Attack
Club Player

stinger wrote:
they say female juries often dont sympathise with a victim in these cases. and if she was a good looking victim with a history of picking up footy players - then fellow fem's would judge her poorly.
yep....sad but true....
on the flipside this case could have been just a bunch of bogans getting all tangled up in a pretty crappy situation of mistaken identity and mistakenly thinking that a woman was interested.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Zac Attack wrote:
stinger wrote:
yep....sad but true....
on the flipside this case could have been just a bunch of bogans getting all tangled up in a pretty crappy situation of mistaken identity and mistakenly thinking that a woman was interested.
how the flower would you know troll..... :roll:

Zac Attack
Club Player

stinger wrote:
Zac Attack wrote:
stinger wrote:
yep....sad but true....
how the flower would you know cleaner? prosecution does not share information with outsiders let alone cleaners.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Zac Attack wrote:how the flower would you know cleaner? prosecution does not share information with outsiders let alone cleaners.
pluggs?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Zac Attack wrote:
stinger wrote:
Zac Attack wrote:
stinger wrote:
yep....sad but true....
how the flower would you know cleaner? prosecution does not share information with outsiders let alone cleaners.
dropkick... :roll:

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

stinger wrote:P

FOOTBALLER Andrew Lovett's ex-girlfriend claims she feared she would die as he held her hostage and bashed her.

Ms Watson told the Herald Sun Lovett bombarded her with 180 text messages for two months after their tumultuous breakup on February 4 last year.

In one, he allegedly said he was a "special person" who "could probably get away with murder".

Awww Stinger, that's low even for you.

You are reporting hearsay on what he allegedly said and implying that he did in fact "get away with murder" in regard to this case.

The verdict was "Not Guilty"; accept it and move on, and don't muddy the waters with your churlish bias.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:dropkick... :roll:
What is your roll in the legal system stinger?

Lennon
Club Player

stinger wrote:
Zac Attack wrote:
stinger wrote:
Zac Attack wrote:
stinger wrote:
yep....sad but true....
dropkick... :roll:
:lol: Ahhhh love ya, Stinger.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:Apparantly Lovett had sex with another woman after the alleged incident and according to the herald sun.

Obviously he was hurt at the eligations.
I don't know what an "Eligation" is, so I am assuming you are referring to allegations.

My question is, "How long do you expect him to be celibate?"

Richter
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote: Awww Stinger, that's low even for you.

You are reporting hearsay on what he allegedly said and implying that he did in fact "get away with murder" in regard to this case.

The verdict was "Not Guilty"; accept it and move on, and don't muddy the waters with your churlish bias.
Hardly. He's just saying what many of us think.

It is well known that rape cases are difficult to get to court, never mind to prosecute. Why is that? Is it because the women are in the habit of lying about being raped? Is it likely that a woman would put herself through the trauma of going through a court case, on top of the original trauma? What are the benefits for the woman of doing that?

I don't think so. It is a travesty that because of the verdict in this high profile case that there are young blokes out there who will think it is fair game to have a crack at a drunken, nearly comatose woman for sex, and that it will further put assaulted women off seeking legal redress for crimes that are committed against them.

I'm sorry that it offends you GO, but for some of us this is a sad day for society and diminishes our respect for the legal system.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

can we select him for this week???

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:

and you know where you can go creep.....not guilty has never meant innocent ....and i will never regard f****** a drunk girl as okay....the guys an animal....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:can we select him for this week???
He isnt match fit yet. Silly suggestion. Needs at least 2 weeks at Sandy.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:

It is well known that rape cases are difficult to get to court, never mind to prosecute. Why is that? Is it because the women are in the habit of lying about being raped? Is it likely that a woman would put herself through the trauma of going through a court case, on top of the original trauma? What are the benefits for the woman of doing that?

I don't think so. It is a travesty that because of the verdict in this high profile case that there are young blokes out there who will think it is fair game to have a crack at a drunken, nearly comatose woman for sex, and that it will further put assaulted women off seeking legal redress for crimes that are committed against them.

I'm sorry that it offends you GO, but for some of us this is a sad day for society and diminishes our respect for the legal system.
well said mate. i wouldn't let any daughter of mine put herself through that process..it's like getting raped a second time....and victims have actually said that in my presence....

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:

So he is guilty even though found not guilty?

Not much different between his status now and Milney is there?

Are we as low as the filth supporters who still chant rapist at Milne?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

f****** big difference...if you are too thick to work that out you are not going to get any help from me.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:f****** big difference...if you are too thick to work that out you are not going to get any help from me.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
That is because you have no idea. Cleaning a court doesnt make you an expert. Just makes you a cleaner.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:

Terrible response Richter.

Dispite the star chambers and kangaroo courts going on here, we have a rule of law in Australia and one of the tenets is the accused has the presumption of innocence and the proscetution has to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the crime was committed.

Nobody here sat on the jury. Nobody here heard all of the evidence.

The prosecution obviously could not prove "beyond reasonable doubt" that lovett committed the crime he was accused of.

I for one, am happy we have this type of legal system in Australia and that presumption of innocence will be applied to me or my loved one if accused of a crime.

The evidence was tested and found wanting.

Or maybe the police should have fabricated evidence against Lovett. After all that has happened for years to minority groups like aborigines.

maybe the police should have done what the Brits did to the Guildford four and Birmingham six, after all they were just paddy bastards who "probably did it anyway".

Yes it is hard to get a rape conviction. Yes it is traumatic for a victim of a sexual assault.

But to blithely dismiss the ruling of a jury on available evidence smacks of gross smallmindedness.

Wholly disgusted with the ignorance displayed on this thread.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
mullet
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
mullet wrote:Apparantly Lovett had sex with another woman after the alleged incident and according to the herald sun.

Obviously he was hurt at the eligations.
I don't know what an "Eligation" is, so I am assuming you are referring to allegations.

My question is, "How long do you expect him to be celibate?"
Seeing that it was his defense that he felt hurt and upset by the way he was being treated by those at the apartment would think that finding another woman and having sex with her would be the last thing on his mind.

But who am I, would think this information should have been given to the jury though.

Anyway he has been found not guilty so good luck to him

Oh so sorry about spelling mistake should I be banned

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:

as they say mate...don't let the bed bugs bite...some here think that just because a jury acquits you, you are as pure as the newly born and that sh!t never sticks...bet the same posters wouldn't let this prick go out with their daughters though.....

to me lovett is in the same situation as that woman who was just acquitted of murdering her daughter in the good old u s of a....and for the uniformed and uneducated on here...think o j

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote: Oh so sorry about spelling mistake should I be banned
maybe for having a mullet, or just being a mullet.

Not a blind mullet per chance? :wink:

Lance or James??

bob__71
Club Player

He has been found not guilty of rape. However, on the evidence we have heard from this case and previously In my opinion he is the type of low life asshole who we would rather not have at the club.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

and you know where you can go creep.....not guilty has never meant innocent ....and i will never regard f****** a drunk girl as okay....the guys an animal....
If there is any problems with the Australian Justice System, it is because creeps like you inhabit it.

Accept the verdict. We have got past vigilante's stringing up the nearest black man in this country.

Well, some of us have..... :roll: