Armitage makes a statement!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Love Armo should always be in the best 21 and deserves to be!

Lenny and Armo are the two hardest tacklers at the club.

Sign him up and do it NOW

fingers
Saintsational Legend

There were a couple of tackles where he hit hard and low. Dislodged that ball. Can you pick the guy that grew up in a rugby league state? Great effort.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

defintitely has something of the rugby about his tackles - unreal!

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:There were a couple of tackles where he hit hard and low. Dislodged that ball. Can you pick the guy that grew up in a rugby league state? Great effort.
Yep - include a couple of "Dislodges Ball to Advantage" in his stats thank you Mr Stats Man :wink:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Have about 5 possession in the first 3 minutes and I thought he was going to have 60 last night.

Drifted out of the game possession wise but made up for for it with he tackling, he hits as hard as anyone at the club and really makes his presence felt.

Great that he has been held back and allowed to mature his body. A big strong bodied mid who really is filling the Lenny type job admirably, along with Jack and Dean Polo who is con tributing with his in and under work.

Armo really is a battering ram.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Last night, at the ground, I thought he was great

Later on, watching the replay, I though he was great.

Zac Attack
Club Player

He is a half forward that can push into the midfield for little bursts. He is not fast at all but is rough as guts and tackles very well. Essentially Armitage and Steven have swapped positions this year despite being two different players.

Armitage is doing what pathetic McQ could never do. Play as a half forward, get touches and actually stick tackles. Good.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

The opposite imo....a mid that can push fwd

Huge tank....but does an enormous amount of physical work when on the ball and needs rotation.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I'm always critical of Armo, I've got high expectations for him. But credit where it's due, he won some tough footy last night, he just needs to stop going in and out of games.

Foz
Club Player

His 1st quarter spear pass from on the 50 arc that hit Milney was superb...guess this has always been the knock, his kicking disposal. It was Dal Santo esque.

Onwards and upwards from here.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Over summer I would have Armo and Steven out on the athletics track with a running coach and just get a bit more acceleration in their legs..both Armo and Steven have the skills, but I reckon they need to go the next step in Judd-like fitness.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Over summer I would have Armo and Steven out on the athletics track with a running coach and just get a bit more acceleration in their legs..both Armo and Steven have the skills, but I reckon they need to go the next step in Judd-like fitness.
Of course our coaches wouldnt see that. I hope they read the forum. Anyway disagree on Jack. Has very good acceleration.