Does Ben need a rest

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

carnasaints55
Club Player

according to reports from Sandy, MG might be used more than for just a "farewell game". If, Misso say's he'll make it through games without the body breaking down, I'd love to have him back.

roo=god
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

carnasaints55 wrote:according to reports from Sandy, MG might be used more than for just a "farewell game". If, Misso say's he'll make it through games without the body breaking down, I'd love to have him back.
At whose expense? Both Ben and Kosi would be stiff on current form.

While we are winning the incumbents are hard to dislodge.

Love Gardi, but he might have to wait until injury/form/suspension present an opportunity.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Negatives: he looked slow, and didn't have much of a leap.
Positives: field kicking under pressure was better than anyone else from either side. His marking was solid. His body positioning in contests was professional.

He made one mistake that was glaring, when his central pass came unstuck when we were over-running the borough and our boys collapsed after fighting to come back in. However, part of the reason we were in the game was his play.

I think he can be a valuable bench player/rucking/resting in at FF.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:Negatives: he looked slow, and didn't have much of a leap.
Positives: field kicking under pressure was better than anyone else from either side. His marking was solid. His body positioning in contests was professional.

He made one mistake that was glaring, when his central pass came unstuck when we were over-running the borough and our boys collapsed after fighting to come back in. However, part of the reason we were in the game was his play.

I think he can be a valuable bench player/rucking/resting in at FF.
Still cannot see how Kosi, Ben and MG could work with only 3 interchange positions. Imagine a forward line of Kosi, MG and Rooy. Only Rooy could get to any of the contests. They would just run off us.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I agree Plugger, ther's not room for the three of them. Give Gardi a run against GC and see how he goes again at AFL level.

I still think that the rest would be good for McEvoy.