How pumped were you....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

avid
Club Player

BakesFan wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:'Past his" Peake is friggin' awesome!
...need to chance that to "At His" Peake :D
"Off" Peake was switched on.

Saints Angel
Club Player

Like the crowd around me I was pumped when Raph's kick sailed through the goals in a brilliant first quarter by the Saints. Came down to earth in the second quarter and felt sick in the third. It all spiked again when Dempster kicked that beautiful goal in the last quarter that I am sure even Sean Dempster smiled.

markp
Saintsational Legend

As someone said, the atmosphere in the last was amazing... I really think the crowd helped will those last couple of goals!

The surge of adrenalin moments like that would give you as a player must be off the chart.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

All I can say is that its a darn good job I'm not a cat, as I lost around seven lives in that game! phew!!!!!! :D Good on those folks in aisle 18

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

A few quiet "cmons" and fist pumps but i wasn't really pumped til the last 3 secs in the WCE 50 that i knew we had won. I was in a state of shock and not wanting to celebrate too soon. My mum was calling it at 5mins i wasn't so sure.

Still can't believe we won, i had to come online to make sure it wasn't just a dream and that we had actually come back. surreal! :shock: :shock:

Go saints in '09!
hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Iceman234 wrote:
Was in Medallion and had some theatre-goer Weagle fans directly in front.

Never heard boo from them all night until they hit the front, then couldn't shut them up.

Until those moments

I assume most of us here live in melbourne so we really don't get to see the interstate supporters in full swing, but I've been to the SCG to see us play myself, I saw the semi-final in '98 where we lost by two points and winmar could have won the game for us with a shot at goal near the end. Devastating.

Anyway my point is that truly, the interstate supporters, ie west coast and sydney, are among the most vile in the competition. At that game in Sydney every time St.kilda got a free kick, there was unrepentant booing and hissing and extreme abuse at the umpire, even when it was a blatant free kick. After the game, as we were walking back to the hotel in St.kilda colours, sydney supporters were driving past in cars hurling abuse, ie "suck s#%t Stkilda!!"

At a game at etihad in '07 against west coast, this one west coast supporter attacked this stkilda family who had been loudly cheering for us all night. He held out his west coast membership that was dangling around his neck, pointed it at them and said in a nasally voice, "this is what a premiership looks like."

I decided to get involved and retorted, "that's what a bunch of drug cheats looks like. Ben Cousins is a massive drug addict."

He had no response for this, and I have often wondered whether that man remembered this exchange months later, when Ben Cousins was arrested in Perth and that whole saga began.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."