Kosi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

battye
Saintsational Legend

Kosi

Great game... really made an impact in that first quarter. His presence around the ground was very good too, quite a few crucial marks and handballs under pressure (including a goal assist from memory).

Not sure about the ruck stats but it felt like he and McEvoy matched Cox and Natanui for the most part.

It's great to have him back in the side :)

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kosi

it's official. he's a ruckman or nothing.

westy
Club Player

He had a good game alright. Very effective I reckon.

I'm livin' in a madhouse
battye
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kosi

bigcarl wrote:it's official. he's a ruckman or nothing.
In about 2006 Grant Thomas said Kosi was a ruckman, it does seem he is suited to that role. I do think he can play an important role in the forward line though when McEvoy is rucking... a few years ago Kosi and Riewoldt were able to play very well together in the forward line, I'm not sure why that can't happen again.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
The Bluff
Club Player

I must have watched a different game. i thought Cox and Natanui dominated and almost won the game for them. Kosi did some good things in the first quarter but not much after that. I think Lyon should have stuck with Lynch.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

The Bluff wrote:I must have watched a different game. i thought Cox and Natanui dominated and almost won the game for them. Kosi did some good things in the first quarter but not much after that. I think Lyon should have stuck with Lynch.

Agree with the first half kosi disappeared in second half, and cox nat were dominate in the second and third quaters (why the saints kept kicking in their direction I dunno) but the saints always seem to look better with kosi in the team wheather he plays well or not.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

If we're going to do any damage in September, we need Kosi fit and firing. Makes us a much more dangerous proposition when he's "on".

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Kosi was excellent did heaps with out the ball and kept running and pressuring. If you were at the game he was really gunning it. Gram and Raph played well, Zac did some excellent things, who can we single out for whipping boy this week? A predicament.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I don't think he went missing, led and presented...helped Ben out.

Good game, looks fit.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:. If you were at the game he was really gunning.

you got home quick

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

The Bluff wrote:I must have watched a different game. i thought Cox and Natanui dominated and almost won the game for them. Kosi did some good things in the first quarter but not much after that. I think Lyon should have stuck with Lynch.
Well Lynch in for Gamble then. 

I'd hate to see Lynch relieving Ben in the ruck too often  :shock:

The Bluff
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote: Agree with the first half kosi disappeared in second half, and cox nat were dominate in the second and third quaters (why the saints kept kicking in their direction I dunno) but the saints always seem to look better with kosi in the team wheather he plays well or not.
Yeah, perhaps if he could play four quarters but I don't remember him doing that for a long time. Need to get some more games into Lynch who is starting to look at home but needs more game time.

The Bluff
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Well Lynch in for Gamble then. 

I'd hate to see Lynch relieving Ben in the ruck too often  :shock:
Lynch wouldn't be rucking but he would give us another option forward which we desperately need and he is more mobile than Kosi. With 36 less hitouts than Westcoast I'm not sure we could do much worse.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Only live in Caulfield, sandringham line to Balaclava 2 mins drive home. Don't even try to park at Etihad, I would still be waiting to get out.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

So I take it we wont hear from Bernard Shakley or saintdooley tonight.

Haven't seen the sad sack bobmurray either :D :P

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Did have a presence in the ruck, but I still think he straightens them up when he goes forward, and have always thought that.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:So I take it we wont hear from Bernard Shakley or saintdooley tonight.

Haven't seen the sad sack bobmurray either :D :P
Highly unlikely. :lol:

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

FFS kosi played great tonight . The eagles are a team of giants , macca & kosi look small lined up against nic nat & cox
The whole team did well to quell the eagles height advantage. A large part of the eagles success this year comes from there defensive press ,
nic nat on one side , cox on the other and lynch in the middle , this makes it hard for sides to get the ball out , look what they did to the cats last week .
We beat them an kosi played a big part in it

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Kosi was excellent did heaps with out the ball and kept running and pressuring. If you were at the game he was really gunning it. Gram and Raph played well, Zac did some excellent things, who can we single out for whipping boy this week? A predicament.
Some posters can take the heat this week

ie Bernard Shakey and Dooley

Another opportunity awaits!
Moods
Saintsational Legend

What? And have him ruck against Natnui and Cox. You've got to be joking. The biggest joke was that Kosi wasn't named in the team from the outset. He competed and took some grabs. Cox and Natnui dominated, but they would have slaughtered young Lynch.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Had he not played, there is little doubt in my mind that they would have won. Both of their rucks were still damaging but nowhere near to the extent that would have been the case had we gone with just one ruckman. Big Ben would have been finished by half time and they would have run riot. As it turned out, Big Ben got a crucial clearance himself in the last quarter when up against Nick Naitanui. It would be interesting to know whether Kosi was always going to play.

The Bluff
Club Player

Moods wrote:
What? And have him ruck against Natnui and Cox. You've got to be joking. The biggest joke was that Kosi wasn't named in the team from the outset. He competed and took some grabs. Cox and Natnui dominated, but they would have slaughtered young Lynch.
doesn't matter who plays in the ruck if we are going to get smashed like that anyway. Lynch wouldn't play ruck but he gives us a mobile tall who can run out the whole game.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

You're welcome to your opinion The Bluff, but Kosi was the most effective big forward for the evening.

You just can't please some.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

The Bluff wrote:
Moods wrote:
doesn't matter who plays in the ruck if we are going to get smashed like that anyway. Lynch wouldn't play ruck but he gives us a mobile tall who can run out the whole game.
Lynch HAS been playing ruck though. Kos may not have won many hit outs but he was at least able to compete and he's got a bit of size. Who else did we have to ruck against them? Ben has to have back-up when we play against a quality combo like that.

I thought our mids did a sterling job considering the pressure they were under.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Roo 17 disp, no score
7 marks - 1 contested

Kosi 13 disp, 2 goals
6 marks - 2 contested

Kennedy 10 disp, 1 goal
6 marks - 0 contested

Lynch 11 disp, 1 goal
5 marks - 2 contested

You just can't please some.