Player caught betting on team mate to kick first goal...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
mullet wrote:The info was that he was starting up forward.

However everyone decided to have him as first goal kicker.

If all they said was that he was starting up forward then they would have to get pretty lucky that he actually kicked the first goal.

Unless of course the whole team planned on kicking it to him. Is that how cocky they have become that they know who will get the first goal.

I would be disgusted if our players bet on any out come of our games.

Should have got more imo like the indian cricketers.

This just stinks
Yep because it makes so much sense that the whole team is in on it for the amount of money they may have won. Some peoples hatred of the pies means they lose common sense. By the way if they were all in on it why didnt he kick the first goal?
Yes, it makes so much sense that everything they do is alright because Saints fan hate them. By the way if they weren't all in on it then maxwell's mum is Doris Stokes.
I have a the silliest post ever list and that takes the lead. It makes 100% no sens. At least it is 100% stupid.
We are making progress. By the way, how many normal people have a "silliest post ever list"? The concept is "100% stupid".

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Plugger is on the case about other people being janitors, yet here he toils away quietly mopping up the messy spots on the forum... unheralded... violins...

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Mick's latest Twitter wont stop rumours and comments
'Side by Side'

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Eastern wrote:We can argue all day whetther Shaw's penalty was right or wrong, but I have real concerns with the consistency of the AFL and their handling of Shaw & Maxwell;

Shaw goes halves with a mate on a $20 bet ($10 each) and cops an eight week suspension and $20K fine

Maxwell's family members (was it his mum? was it his 2 month old baby?) put $85 on the same bet and he cops a $5,000 fine (the other $5,000 is suspended.

Can someone PLEASE explain the logic behind this. IMHO, the Maxwell penalty should have been at least double the Shaw penalty. ie Maxwell 8 weeks, Shaw 4 weeks !!
Maxwell has done what 100% of players do and that is tell them where he is playing. the one thing he didnt do which nil% of players do and that is say dont bet on this. Should never have been fined but he should fine his family for being stupid.
Amazing insight that you know that every player does that. Every player.

100%

As you so often say, you know that for a fact do you?

:roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Eastern wrote:We can argue all day whetther Shaw's penalty was right or wrong, but I have real concerns with the consistency of the AFL and their handling of Shaw & Maxwell;

Shaw goes halves with a mate on a $20 bet ($10 each) and cops an eight week suspension and $20K fine

Maxwell's family members (was it his mum? was it his 2 month old baby?) put $85 on the same bet and he cops a $5,000 fine (the other $5,000 is suspended.

Can someone PLEASE explain the logic behind this. IMHO, the Maxwell penalty should have been at least double the Shaw penalty. ie Maxwell 8 weeks, Shaw 4 weeks !!
Maxwell has done what 100% of players do and that is tell them where he is playing. the one thing he didnt do which nil% of players do and that is say dont bet on this. Should never have been fined but he should fine his family for being stupid.

100%

No you are right. i am extrapolating it out like all polls do. I know about 20 AFL footballers and they all do as I say so that is how I got the figures but allowing for one going against the grain because he has no family I will lower it to 99%.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote: Maxwell's family members (was it his mum? was it his 2 month old baby?) put $85 on the same bet and he cops a $5,000 fine (the other $5,000 is suspended.
Spot on Eastern.

Their pathetic excuses today just made me think they were definitely sorry - sorry they were caught, not sorry for what they did.

They knew exactly what was expected of them and exactly what they could and couldn't do - miserable excuses but I'm sure Eddie wll forgive them and life will carry on.

Do I hear a St Kilda schoolgirl story emanating from the depths...?

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

100%

No you are right. i am extrapolating it out like all polls do. I know about 20 AFL footballers and they all do as I say so that is how I got the figures but allowing for one going against the grain because he has no family I will lower it to 99%.
Now that is really hilarious... :lol:

PS lowering it by one would make it 95%.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Plugger you just can't stand to go along with any popular opinion can you. If the forum says black you say white, it is borderline pathological. Are you sure your not Kyle Sandilands?

I hate any betting on these exotics, it opens the door for little exploitations that get bigger later. Well done to the AFL investigators to nab them, how dumb can they be to get caught. I'm sure that others have done it but after Hale and all why? The AFL should have put him out for the whole year to make a statement, and Maxwell got off because he lied better. If our guys get caught like for like penalties.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Plugger you just can't stand to go along with any popular opinion can you. If the forum says black you say white, it is borderline pathological. Are you sure your not Kyle Sandilands?

I hate any betting on these exotics, it opens the door for little exploitations that get bigger later. Well done to the AFL investigators to nab them, how dumb can they be to get caught. I'm sure that others have done it but after Hale and all why? The AFL should have put him out for the whole year to make a statement, and Maxwell got off because he lied better. If our guys get caught like for like penalties.
I was told I go along with everything AFL and this time when I disagree which I did before the decision was even made I am told I am wrong as well. Sorry but it is easy to just agree with everyone especially when it is a pies penalty but sorry i dont. And I agree I should go along with popular opinion because it is so much easier and lets face it i am very popular.

By the way lets hear some of your magic and tell us what Maxwell has done wrong compared to just about every player in the AFL. Now this should be funny kids. Get ready to laugh your head off.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
I know about 20 AFL footballers and they all do as I say so that is how I got the figures but allowing for one going against the grain because he has no family I will lower it to 99%.
This is the biggest load of crap ever posted on this forum. You may well know about 20 AFL players, but you don't know what any of them say to their family and mates.
Pull your head in plugger, you are talking s***.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

100%

You know for a fact that 99% of players tell their family where they are playing on the weekend, including when they are playing out of their usual position? You simple idiot.

Please don't lie, you don't personally know any AFL players, you nerd.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I know about 20 AFL footballers and they all do as I say so that is how I got the figures but allowing for one going against the grain because he has no family I will lower it to 99%.
This is the biggest load of crap ever posted on this forum. You may well know about 20 AFL players, but you don't know what any of them say to their family and mates.
I know what they tell me and if they are telling me where they are playing then I will have a guess they are telling their family. Can you understand that or are you unable to understand that like you couldnt understand the eligibility of the rising star award. I will not pull my head in when I am 100% telling the truth and i am 100% telling the truth. Now it is about time you pulled your head in. Now come back with some other wrong information and then run away when it is proved wrong.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Hmm Tom Harley just said he found it very unusual that a player would go home and discuss their role with their family. So did Lee Mathews.

Oh but what would they know

Obviously not 2 of pluggers 20 AFL mates

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

100%

You know for a fact that 99% of players tell their family where they are playing on the weekend, including when they are playing out of their usual position? You simple idiot.

Please don't lie, you don't personally know any AFL players, you nerd.
You foolish person.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:Hmm Tom Harley just said he found it very unusual that a player would go home and discuss their role with their family. So did Lee Mathews.

Yep he was taking s*** and that is based on fact. Believe what you like. I am telling you the facts.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:Hmm Tom Harley just said he found it very unusual that a player would go home and discuss their role with their family. So did Lee Mathews.

Ha ha ha

Pluggers trolling again

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:

Ha ha ha

Pluggers trolling again
You have no idea, I repeat no idea. I amazed you can do your shoelaces up without help. Love it when people have to jump on other peoples posts because they have no idea how to discuss things. You are excellent at that.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Yep he was taking s*** and that is based on fact. Believe what you like. I am telling you the facts.
Yes, Leigh Matthews, the greatest player that our game has known, premiership player/ coach wtf would he know?
I'm with plugger, every player does this every game. Freeee heeeeath shaaaaw!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I know what they tell me and if they are telling me where they are playing then I will have a guess they are telling their family. Can you understand that or are you unable to understand that like you couldnt understand the eligibility of the rising star award. I will not pull my head in when I am 100% telling the truth and i am 100% telling the truth. Now it is about time you pulled your head in. Now come back with some other wrong information and then run away when it is proved wrong.
20 AFL players talk to you every week? Get your hand of it you wanker.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

Ha ha ha

Pluggers trolling again
You have no idea, I repeat no idea. I amazed you can do your shoelaces up without help. Love it when people have to jump on other peoples posts because they have no idea how to discuss things. You are excellent at that.
I don't jump on peoples posts, just yours. You make it too easy with your stupidity, or are you trolling. You disagree with everything people say, all the time. Surely you are not that dumb. Yep you're trolling, please give it a rest.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yes, Leigh Matthews, the greatest player that our game has known, premiership player/ coach wtf would he know?
I'm with plugger, every player does this every game. Freeee heeeeath shaaaaw!
Maybe you havent followed what is happening but this has nothing to do with Heath Shaw. Now lets just show common sense for a second. A guy is playing AFL footy and he has a family which most have. Do you honestly think he wouldnt speak to his family as to where he is playing in a game. Are you people serious or having a lend of me. I honestly hope you are having a lend of me otherwise you really have no idea. They may play AFL but they still talk to their parents like any normal person.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

Ha ha ha

Pluggers trolling again
I don't jump on peoples posts, just yours. You make it too easy with your stupidity, or are you trolling. You disagree with everything people say, all the time. Surely you are not that dumb. Yep you're trolling, please give it a rest.
Old Mate you are welcome to jump on my posts any time you like. Not that I quite understand the whole jumping on posts thing. Is that not what constitutes a forum, everyone jumping on posts. If no one jumped on posts then it would be really really boring. Except for plugger cos he would probably still argue with himself :lol: :lol: :lol:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
20 AFL players talk to you every week? Get your hand of it you wanker.
Great answer but expected. Who said I speak to 20 players every week. Every player I have spoken to before game is happy to tell me his role if I ask them and that is at least 20 players. Look I know you are upset about yesterday making a fool of yourself about not knowing the eligibility but I didnt realise you sooked over it the next day and took things personally. I suppose these things happen though when you constantly wrong.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

Ha ha ha

Pluggers trolling again
You are far to easy, nearly embarrassing. I will add you to the most embarrassing list. You can take the lead in that.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

Ha ha ha

Pluggers trolling again
Old Mate you are welcome to jump on my posts any time you like. Not that I quite understand the whole jumping on posts thing. Is that not what constitutes a forum, everyone jumping on posts. If no one jumped on posts then it would be really really boring. Except for plugger cos he would probably still argue with himself :lol: :lol: :lol:
The funny thing is, I reckon plugger loves it when people jump on his posts. He loves any attention hence why he disagrees with everyone. Actually, the irony with his last comment is that he probably jumps on more posts than anyone. He tends to comment on other peoples comments rather than coming up with his own independent opinion on the subject at hand. I would love to be in pluggers head for a day...well maybe for a couple of minutes :lol: