Poker Machines

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Helen
Club Player

Poker Machines

I believe that the 80 odd Poker Machines at Moorabbin will remain. I also heard that the club was also trying to get Poker Machines down at Seaford. Doeas anyone know how that is progressing?

I think for the good of our finances we need both venues up and running and obviously making good profits. Is there any chance of setting up other venues, possibly in Centre Road Bentleigh and maybe Fitzroy Street St Kilda???

Any information would be much appreciated.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

setting up any new pokie machines any where in victoria is very difficult and very expensive, so I doubt the club is looking at getting any extra

Helen
Club Player

Well I think getting a venue in Bentleigh is imperative. After all, it is a Saints stranglehold!! I believe Melbourne might have a venue there so in affect they are making money from our supporters.
Last edited by Helen on Wed 20 Jul 2011 2:20am, edited 1 time in total.

Helen
Club Player

Also, the Saints need to increase non-footbal revenue streams for when the inevitable happens and we are right down the bottom again. We have had about 9 years at or near the top and we have only just paid off our debt. What will happen to our finances if we spend the next 5 or 6 years out of the finals? I shudder to think.

We need Poker Machine Venues.

1. Moorabbin
2. Seaford
3. Centre Road, Bentleigh
4. Fitzroy Street, St Kilda

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Helen wrote:Also, the Saints need to increase non-footbal revenue streams for when the inevitable happens and we are right down the bottom again. We have had about 9 years at or near the top and we have only just paid off our debt. What will happen to our finances if we spend the next 5 or 6 years out of the finals? I shudder to think.

1. Moorabbin
2. Seaford
Someone needs a poke alright :roll:

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Helen wrote:Also, the Saints need to increase non-footbal revenue streams for when the inevitable happens and we are right down the bottom again. We have had about 9 years at or near the top and we have only just paid off our debt. What will happen to our finances if we spend the next 5 or 6 years out of the finals? I shudder to think.

1. Moorabbin
2. Seaford
Venue + Licences would cost up to $20Mill per venue. We have Moorabbin, so we only need an extra $60Mill to get established :roll: :roll: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Helen
Club Player

bulls*** $20million.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Find a venue (pub), with Liqour licence and pokie licence (remember, you pay a licence fee per machine) in Fitzroy Street for less than $20Mill !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Helen
Club Player

Eastern wrote:Find a venue (pub), with Liqour licence and pokie licence (remember, you pay a licence fee per machine) in Fitzroy Street for less than $20Mill !!
If that's true, then tell me how Melbourne setup a venue in Bentleigh then? I think it is just off Centre Road but I'm not sure.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Melbourne set up in the Bentleigh Club which is located off centre road in bentleigh. It is a club ie you must sign in and it holds functions.

There is also a RSL club in Bentleigh which has pokies which is on the corner of jasper and centre road.

With pokies at the other end of Jasper road ie at Linton street and also at Jasper and Mckinnon roads and also at the boundary hotel (centre and east boundary road)

There is also the south oakleigh club which has pokies.

I think Bentleigh, East Bentleigh has more than enough

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Helen wrote:
Eastern wrote:Find a venue (pub), with Liqour licence and pokie licence (remember, you pay a licence fee per machine) in Fitzroy Street for less than $20Mill !!
If that's true, then tell me how Melbourne setup a venue in Bentleigh then? I think it is just off Centre Road but I'm not sure.

we could possibly move them but gaining a new venue with new pokie machines would be cost prohibitive for St Kilda. There are now limited number of pokie machine liscences in Victoria with a goal to reduce that number not increase it so we would have to purchses someone elses liscense.

Can't remember which club but I think Melbourne or north tried to expand there poki venues a couple of years ago and got burnt big time (failed to receive liscences)

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:Melbourne set up in the Bentleigh Club which is located off centre road in bentleigh. It is a club ie you must sign in and it holds functions.

Melbourne "merge" with the bentleigh club that was heamoraging money, so in effect brought them out for the price of their debt, they didn't purchase any new pokie machine they already existed. With the changes in the pokies laws it may start to make money for Melbourne or may continue along the same path of losing money.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

This post is a joke as is the person who started it.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Those machines ruin lives and families.

I have been fortunate enough to win the major jackpot on them a number of times now, but i know from stories and watching people with my own eyes that just put $50 notes one after the other into those things and get no return.
They are very, very addictive once you win, and although they have financially helped me travel to all the saints games over the years, I’m am against them and would hope the club doesn’t install more. I’m sure the club would be making an absolute killing from them and would love more, but maybe they need to think outside the square and think of those that play them and the damage they do to their lives and other around them.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Helen
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:Those machines ruin lives and families.

I have been fortunate enough to win the major jackpot on them a number of times now, but i know from stories and watching people with my own eyes that just put $50 notes one after the other into those things and get no return.
They are very, very addictive once you win, and although they have financially helped me travel to all the saints games over the years, I’m am against them and would hope the club doesn’t install more. I’m sure the club would be making an absolute killing from them and would love more, but maybe they need to think outside the square and think of those that play them and the damage they do to their lives and other around them.
If that's the case then we need to get rid of our major sponsor. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Helen wrote:

If that's the case then we need to get rid of our major sponsor. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Bingo I think "helen" finally got to his/her intended end. Must of killed him/her waiting all day for the pokies ruin families reply :roll: :roll: :roll:

BTW gambling does hurt SOME families, so does alchohol and drugs.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Helen wrote:

pokie machines and gambeling on sports/events are two different things.

when placing a bet on sports, you know roughly how much you could get back in return, the pokie machines you have no idea if you will win or not. That is why people find them more addictive than the TAB or places like that, you can walk into the pokies with $30 and walk out 15 minutes later with $3,500. They say you have more chance of digging up hidden treasure than winning the major on the pokies, but people persist and empty their bank accounts into them.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley, while I agree with you, dont get sucked in by this troll.

He/she/it is a simpleton with a personality disorder who trolls with absolutes and idiocy.

Once again OP poster is a troll with serious mental issues, dont allow them to suck you in.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
mohannair
Club Player

Re: Poker Machines

Helen wrote:I believe that the 80 odd Poker Machines at Moorabbin will remain. I also heard that the club was also trying to get Poker Machines down at Seaford. Doeas anyone know how that is progressing?

I think for the good of our finances we need both venues up and running and obviously making good profits. Is there any chance of setting up other venues, possibly in Centre Road Bentleigh and maybe Fitzroy Street St Kilda???

TROLL TROLL TROLL :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Go back to your Bummber's forum

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

mohannair wrote:
Helen wrote:I believe that the 80 odd Poker Machines at Moorabbin will remain. I also heard that the club was also trying to get Poker Machines down at Seaford. Doeas anyone know how that is progressing?

TROLL TROLL TROLL                :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: 

Hey you got 3 Trolls on the centre reel mohannair!

Is that a Jackpot? :D

mohannair
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
mohannair wrote:

TROLL TROLL TROLL                :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: 

Thats right Dr. a special onr for St Nick ala Helen

Hey you got 3 Trolls on the centre reel mohannair!

Is that a Jackpot? :D

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i hate f****** poker machines...victorians were far better off financially as a whole when the nearest pokie was over the murray in shitsville nsw......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i hate f****** poker machines...victorians were far better off financially as a whole when the nearest pokie was over the murray in shitsville nsw......
You really do speak so nicely.

Austinnn
Club Player

Poker machines disgust me, and it shames me that the club I love relies so heavily on the addiction and misery of gambling. The fact that we are sponsored by Centrebet only compounds the revulsion and was a key reason why, after 14 years of membership, I didn't renew for 2011.

My brother was addicted to those machines for a few years, it nearly broke him, it has destroyed families all over the place, yes just like alcohol and drugs and lots of other things.

The reason why drugs, violence, gambling, and alcohol are even relied upon to a dangerous level is boredom. If people led more rewarding lives, they wouldn't need these things.

I don't have the answer, but St Kilda needs to find other ways of making money and Australia needs to tighten the screws on the poker machine companies.

Sorry if I'm feeding the troll, but it needs to be said; Poker Machines are NOT the way forward for this club.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Austinnn wrote:Poker machines disgust me, and it shames me that the club I love relies so heavily on the addiction and misery of gambling. The fact that we are sponsored by Centrebet only compounds the revulsion and was a key reason why, after 14 years of membership, I didn't renew for 2011.

My brother was addicted to those machines for a few years, it nearly broke him, it has destroyed families all over the place, yes just like alcohol and drugs and lots of other things.

The reason why drugs, violence, gambling, and alcohol are even relied upon to a dangerous level is boredom. If people led more rewarding lives, they wouldn't need these things.

I don't have the answer, but St Kilda needs to find other ways of making money and Australia needs to tighten the screws on the poker machine companies.

Sorry if I'm feeding the troll, but it needs to be said; Poker Machines are NOT the way forward for this club.
Troll or not, I happen to agree with this.

On my last visit to Melbourne I dropped in at Moorabbin to get some merchandise. It was a mid-morning weekday and nice and sunny outside. I was surprised to see a number of people in playing pokies in a what looked like a dark grungy room. Looked very sad.

They are a cancer. The odd go is ok, but the problem is many can't have just a 'small go'.