Court case

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Can anyone watch the court case? Tried looking on the net hub had no luck.
As far as I know the County Court is an OPEN Court, meaning that there is a public gallery. There will be heaps of media interest in this case so the public gallery will probably be FULL of media types. Not sure about streaming !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Eastern wrote:
Spinner wrote:Can anyone watch the court case? Tried looking on the net hub had no luck.
As far as I know the County Court is an OPEN Court, meaning that there is a public gallery. There will be heaps of media interest in this case so the public gallery will probably be FULL of media types. Not sure about streaming !!
It will be a sad day when rape trials become public entertainment.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Judge Judy is flying over especially.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Supposedly he's stated a "Not guilty" plea. It's going to get messy :(

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:Supposedly he's stated a "Not guilty" plea. It's going to get messy :(
Supposedly?????

Seems pretty definate to me from both newspaper sites.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Lovett is represented by a very good barrister -David Grace QC, who has handled many cases involving the AFL (including getting Freo the points in Tasmania), as well as many criminal cases.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Lovett is represented by a very good barrister -David Grace QC, who has handled many cases involving the AFL (including getting Freo the points in Tasmania), as well as many criminal cases.
So does this mean that the AFl will take points off us again if Grace wins??? :? :? :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Lovett is represented by a very good barrister -David Grace QC, who has handled many cases involving the AFL (including getting Freo the points in Tasmania), as well as many criminal cases.
So does this mean that the AFl will take points off us again if Grace wins??? :? :? :wink:
Anything is possible.

What happens if he's found not guilty and he then decides to sue us for prematurely 'curtaiiling his career'?
(I know we settled with him over his playing contract, but that is quite different to what I'm talking about)

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Anything is possible.

What happens if he's found not guilty and he then decides to sue us for prematurely 'curtaiiling his career'?
(I know we settled with him over his playing contract, but that is quite different to what I'm talking about)
Not a lawyer, but I think he would have an actionable case, depends on the reasons given to him for cancelling his contract.

jamesmc
Club Player

It annoys me that he is referred to as a St.Kilda player when he didn't even pull on a saints sock on for us.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Anything is possible.

Not a lawyer, but I think he would have an actionable case, depends on the reasons given to him for cancelling his contract.
The club pointed out (over & over) at the time that the termination of Lovetts contract had NOTHING to do with the incident that led to this case !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Anything is possible.

Didn't we supposedly sack him for not meeting the terms of his contract and then settle the matter out of court?

i don't think he can sue us now

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Anything is possible.

The club pointed out (over & over) at the time that the termination of Lovetts contract had NOTHING to do with the incident that led to this case !!
Good..... as long as there is sound evidence to that fact.

Ross Levin??? handling the dismissal?

In good hands if so.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Anything is possible.

They pointed out that GT wan't entitled to his holiday pay either - that didn't seem to work too well! :roll:

Any court action is always capable of being lost.
The problem for the Club is that it ties up people on unproductive stuff and causes disruption to the daily business/routine.

Even the fact that half a dozen of our players ahve to 'front' court ove rteh next couple of weeks as witnesses is a major disruption for us.

I wonder if Jack Anthony will be called as a witness?
Not that he did anything wrong but he apparently was the person the girl telephoned and as such would certainly have evidence to give as to what she origianlly alleged.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: I wonder if Jack Anthony will be called as a witness?
Probably.... depends on the Defence accepting his statement.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

He'll probably get off , as he's got good lawyers who will take most of the money he'd got paid by the saints !
i.e. those of us who are members are probably in some small way contibruting to that ( alleged ) pricks defense .

Megsie
Club Player

Lovett plead guilty & do the right thing...............you're joking !!!!!

It's all about him always has been.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

In his belief/mind he has done nothing wrong and it was concensual.
always has been a case of what you believe to be ' consent'

as is often the case the ' words used' will be of more discussion than the actual act.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:In his belief/mind he has done nothing wrong and it was concensual.

as is often the case the ' words used' will be of more discussion than the actual act.
How can you consent to anything when you are not even concious? She even allegedly woke up and asked him to stop. If thats not clear cut I dont know what is

(Im not having a go here but the crime of rape makes me sick and boils my blood.)

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:In his belief/mind he has done nothing wrong and it was concensual.

sounds like you have inside knowledge. Do you know something?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:

How can you consent to anything when you are not even concious? She even allegedly woke up and asked him to stop. If thats not clear cut I dont know what is

(Im not having a go here but the crime of rape makes me sick and boils my blood.)

BANG BANG
convicted rapists do more than boil my blood but surely we should wait until the legal process i completed.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-n ... 6092377290

seems to me that it's open and shut

obviously I don't really know, but I think the witness' testimony will be very damning

that being said it's he said she said

this artile doesn't read very well for AL though

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:

sounds like you have inside knowledge. Do you know something?
no inside knowledge just remember some of the evidence presented in the original case .... ( or as reported to have been and other contact between the players and club.)
Last edited by saintbrat on Mon 11 Jul 2011 7:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-n ... 6092377290

seems to me that it's open and shut

obviously I don't really know, but I think the witness' testimony will be very damning

that being said it's he said she said

this artile doesn't read very well for AL though
Presentation by the prosecution.

Not supposed to be in the accused favour.

Wait until cross-examination by the defence.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

What gets me every time with 7 news is they regard him as ''ex stkilda player and ex essendon player''
no it should be really Ex Essendon Player then ex stkilda Recruit, he never pulled on our jumper nor did he EVER play for us!