All we need now is for Gram to find his best form....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Helen
Club Player

All we need now is for Gram to find his best form....

People have forgotten how good Gram can be. At his best he is a super player. A Half Back line of Gram Gwilt Fisher (at their best) is one of the best rebounding/run and carry lines in the league.

There are still 8 weeks to go before finals. If we get there and those 3 players above are in top form, you just never know how far we could go. :lol:

Middo
Club Player

Re: All we need now is for Gram to find his best form....

Helen wrote:People have forgotten how good Gram can be. At his best he is a super player. A Half Back line of Gram Gwilt Fisher (at their best) is one of the best rebounding/run and carry lines in the league.

There are still 8 weeks to go before finals. If we get there and those 3 players above are in top form, you just never know how far we could go. :lol:

The reason people have forgotten is that the 2009 grannie was so long ago !!
Just always been a good Op who put in an eye catching game every now and then.

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Nice touch with the laughing face.
Persistent is the nicest thing I could say…

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

It would be great if Gram and Gilbert could bring their best footy to the park. It would make a big difference to our performace.

Batnoe
Club Player

I get frustrated at his kicking all the time and turnovers.

My main thing that i hate that he cant change is how much he squibs and shirks at the hardball. Should be playing netball..

You cannot learn to play hard footy. You're either born with it or not.. he will not change, it would be ok if his skills were super good but they are not either.

A liability!

I just read he has had 26 tackles
185 uncondested possesions
52 contested possessions
and only uses it at 70 %

James Gwilt
203 Uncontested
56 Contested

but uses it at 85%

I would hope that as Gram plays such an uncontested brand of footy his efficiency with the ball would be higher.

Montagna for instance has a worse efficiency than Gram, but when a lot of your ball is contested you can afford to make mistakes!!

Carn Saints
Helen
Club Player

Batnoe wrote:I get frustrated at his kicking all the time and turnovers.

My main thing that i hate that he cant change is how much he squibs and shirks at the hardball. Should be playing netball..

You cannot learn to play hard footy. You're either born with it or not.. he will not change, it would be ok if his skills were super good but they are not either.

A liability!

I just read he has had 26 tackles
185 uncondested possesions
52 contested possessions
and only uses it at 70 %

James Gwilt
203 Uncontested
56 Contested

but uses it at 85%

I would hope that as Gram plays such an uncontested brand of footy his efficiency with the ball would be higher.

Montagna for instance has a worse efficiency than Gram, but when a lot of your ball is contested you can afford to make mistakes!!
If we beat the Eagles this week I feel that Gram's game will go up another level. He just needs confidence, thats all. With confidence watch his skills sky rocket.

AdelSaint

Only get to see the team a couple of times a year but Gram does not look like the lean running player from a couple of years ago. You can even see it in his face that he is carrying more than he previously did.
Did a fair bit of watching and just jogging trying to keep up from what I saw at the game with a lack of urgency about him. Seems to pick when to really put in. Hopefully he can get it together as we all hope so.
Last edited by AdelSaint on Mon 11 Jul 2011 1:23pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helen
Club Player

AdelSaint wrote:Only get to see the team a couple of times a year but Gram does not look like the lean running player from a couple of years ago. You can even see it in his face that he is carrying more than he previously did.
Did a fair bit of watching and just jogging trying to keep from what I saw at the game with a lack of urgency about him. Seems to pick when to really put in. Hopefully can get it together as we all do.
He will and I think it will be this week against West Coast. This week will be the week when St Kilda officially announces that they are back as a top 4 team.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

We need his "best" form next week. :!:

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote:
Helen wrote:People have forgotten how good Gram can be. At his best he is a super player. A Half Back line of Gram Gwilt Fisher (at their best) is one of the best rebounding/run and carry lines in the league.

The reason people have forgotten is that the 2009 grannie was so long ago !!
Yet the fanboys of Raph Clarke obsessively point to his 21-possession performance against the Bulldogs in the 2009 PF as proof he's in our best 22.

So really, you can pull out whatever you like around here and call it evidence.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Cant have him in my 22,and really do you leave him in there with the HOPE he will come good,same with RC,1 OR 2 good games in the past are like stats to me,mean little only what they are producing now is what counts

Zac Attack
Club Player

He played a good game in the GF because it was wet and he was left alone all day. Granted he still played well.

He plays intelligently at times however not often enough.

Anyone remember the save in the drawn GF with him running off his own man to affect a contest and get the ball out? From memory McQ buggered up and Gram showed his intelligence and squashed the contest and saved what would have been a score and the GF1 lost.

SinCitySaint
Club Player

The problem is he has lost the one weapon he had which was pace. When he was quick and breaking the lines he gave us something we don't have in the side but now he is just an average speed, not slow but not express which he used to be, outside mid with poor disposal skills. If you are going to run players in the team as pure outside mids then their use of the ball needs to be good. He is a classic example of our biggest problem, which is disposal by foot, but does not have the intensity of a number of others to make up for it.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Hopeless post

His numbers are fine.....not great, but acceptable....his last two have been reasonable....,

If people on here think he is going to be dropped....they are a long way off

Armitage, clake, polo, lynch......would all face the axe before gram.....rightly or wrongly

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Milney needs to give him some of his happy pills , cos he always looks glum , perhaps after the lovett case he may find that old spark his game had !!!!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

He did get dropped though, when posting big numbers, didn't he?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

No....he was struggling, as the side was.....got rightfully dropped.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I still say he isn't fully fit from his injuries last season. This season teams all employ a zone to cut out the run and link. Unfortunately guys like Gram are corralled with the ball and the guys up ahead are cut off. It makes a clean spot up hard unless you have a Dawes or Cloke style lead up type forward who will take it on their chest 9 out of 10 times. He still has talent and will get back but my worry is that he is carrying to many niggles. he also came from Brisbane as a promising but injury prone player and probably needs to avoid the tough stuff for longevity.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

He's just as useful as Brent Stanton. Go cheer Angus Monfries you loser.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.