Court case

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Court case

Does that court case happen this week ? if so , apart from gram who else will have to be there ?

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I've heard it starts Monday. 5 players, Gram, Fisher, Blake, Schnider & McQualter + a Saints official, I think.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I've heard it starts Monday. 5 players, Gram, Fisher, Blake, Schnider & McQualter + a Saints official, I think.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I hope it is over quickly and those guys get some closure and move on. Funny how Schnieds and Gram are going badly and Blake and Mini aren't even on the park. I think they are probably freaking out at the s*** storm about to hit.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Schneider can recount his 'between 17 and 23 drinks'

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/the-q ... 11zt2.html

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:I've heard it starts Monday. 5 players, Gram, Fisher, Blake, Schnider & McQualter + a Saints official, I think.
Thanks !
I just hope it won't effect them too much on game day seeing they may miss training !

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:I've heard it starts Monday. 5 players, Gram, Fisher, Blake, Schnider & McQualter + a Saints official, I think.
Thanks !
I just hope it won't effect them too much on game day seeing they may miss training !
I suppose Lovett could always do the right thing by everyone involved (including the Saints) and simply plead guilty.

:sarcasm:

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Uuurgh, I forgot that this was coming up. Hopefully It's over quickly.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote:
Thanks !
Let's hope it doesn't effect the victim too I think you forgot to say.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
mr six o'clock wrote:
Thanks !
Maybe I've got more faith in the compassion of my fellow man, but I think that's a given Cairnsman.

However this is a Saints footy forum and I don't think people are being disrespectful of the victim by simply commenting on the possible effects of the case on our players and our club.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
mr six o'clock wrote:
Thanks !
Maybe I've got more faith in the compassion of my fellow man, but I think that's a given Cairnsman.

However this is a Saints footy forum and I don't think people are being disrespectful of the victim by simply commenting on the possible effects of the case on our players and our club.
I agree Doc but as you well know some football followers need reminding that in some circumstances there is more to consider than just football. It just helps to keep threads like this balanced and considerate of the people involved.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
mr six o'clock wrote:
Thanks !
Assuming of course the victims allegation's are proved.

We wouldn't want to place above ourselves above the law or anything now, would we.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
mr six o'clock wrote:
Thanks !

We wouldn't want to place above ourselves above the law or anything now, would we.
Well no we wouldn’t so for clarity let’s use the terms 'accuser' and 'defendant' shall we. I hope that clears it up.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Thinline wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
mr six o'clock wrote:
Thanks !

Well no we wouldn’t so for clarity let’s use the terms 'accuser' and 'defendant' shall we. I hope that clears it up.
not 'ray pest' and 'strays'?

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Cairnsman wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
mr six o'clock wrote:
Thanks !

I agree Doc but as you well know some football followers need reminding that in some circumstances there is more to consider than just football. It just helps to keep threads like this balanced and considerate of the people involved.
We should be prepared to exercise compassion on both sides. Nobody has been found guilty and nobody proven innocent at this time. It's no fun either feeling you have been raped or being accused of rape.

However reading the posts of the time, the forum majority has judged the accused guilty and executed him.

The accused faces a jury of his peers who will decide his fate based on evidence submitted. Let's leave it there.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Court case

mr six o'clock wrote:Does that court case happen this week ? if so , apart from gram who else will have to be there ?
I wonder if they will call on evidence from Mr 17-23 drinks.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
mr six o'clock wrote:Does that court case happen this week ? if so , apart from gram who else will have to be there ?
Calling on him to give evidence is one thing

Accepting his testimony could be be another !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I get the feeling that the evidence from our players won't be the determining factor, in the end, it sounds like none of our players were even in the apartment at the time, the biggest component is what happened in a bedroom which only 2 people were in at the time.
Our players can comment on how the girl was afterwards, give their assessment of what shape Lovett was in, but really I can't see how any of our players can provide evidence of the alleged incident if NONE of them were present at the time.
It does sound like a terrible event has occurred, but without actually knowing, our players have sided with girls version of events rather than Lovett's. Lovett's history will not help him, although it should not be a factor for a Court which must try someone on the evidence of this case only.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:I get the feeling that the evidence from our players won't be the determining factor, in the end, it sounds like none of our players were even in the apartment at the time, the biggest component is what happened in a bedroom which only 2 people were in at the time.
Our players can comment on how the girl was afterwards, give their assessment of what shape Lovett was in, but really I can't see how any of our players can provide evidence of the alleged incident if NONE of them were present at the time.
It does sound like a terrible event has occurred, but without actually knowing, our players have sided with girls version of events rather than Lovett's. Lovett's history will not help him, although it should not be a factor for a Court which must try someone on the evidence of this case only.
It's all corroborative evidence. Some players may have been out with Lovett that night, some may have had conversations with him which may prove intent. Some may have had conversations with the girl before and after the incident. It's like a jigsaw puzzle. You need all the parts to make up the full story.

Your right, Lovett's history won't come into it, that's prejudicial evidence, which will not be admitted.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
dragit wrote:I get the feeling that the evidence from our players won't be the determining factor, in the end, it sounds like none of our players were even in the apartment at the time, the biggest component is what happened in a bedroom which only 2 people were in at the time.
It's all corroborative evidence. Some players may have been out with Lovett that night, some may have had conversations with him which may prove intent. Some may have had conversations with the girl before and after the incident. It's like a jigsaw puzzle. You need all the parts to make up the full story.

Your right, Lovett's history won't come into it, that's prejudicial evidence, which will not be admitted.
… and a lot of alcohol makes everything even hazier, how drunk do you need to be before your recollection of an event can be disregarded?
I know I've drunk to the point where whole sections of an evening are just not in my memory anymore.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-n ... 6092377290

he former St Kilda and Essendon player this morning pleaded not guilty in the County Court to two counts of rape.

A larger-than-usual panel of 8 women and 6 men will hear Lovett's case over two weeks.

Lovett, 28, is accused of raping a woman at the Port Melbourne apartment of teammates Jason Gram and Sam Fisher in December 2009.

The group had been drinking at the Royal Saxon Hotel in Richmond earlier in the night.

Judge Meryl Sexton told the jurors other witnesses would include Saints players such as Gram and Fisher, Andrew McQualter and Adam Schneider, while Captain Nick Riewoldt may also be mentioned.

But Judge Sexton warned the jury panel that anyone unable to put aside their football passions should be excused.

"I don't want anyone to sit on this jury who cannot distinguish between the importance of this criminal trial and the really unimportant fact that some of those people are footballers."

The trial will open later today.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

The age says that the trial will go for 2.5 weeks, though I doubt that the players will be called up more than once…
I reckon it will be a relief for most of them to finally get this out of the way, it must have played on their minds a lot over the past 18 months.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/forme ... 1ha30.html

Zac Attack
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Schnieder does not come across as the smartest of persons....

I wonder if he remembers how many sitters he missed in the 09 GF

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

As they will be on oath, I wonder how much insight we will get into the life of an AFL Footballer during the trial?

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Can anyone watch the court case? Tried looking on the net hub had no luck.