Armitage

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
meher baba wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:
plugger66 wrote: If he hack can do why arent they. Because obviously any hack cant.
Missed the last two years of Andrew McQualter and Robert Eddy?
Are they playing now. I dont think so because they obviously arent doing what RL wants.
Agree re Mini. But I have a slight inkling that Lyon wanted to keep Eddy on the playing list in 2011 and was overruled by the club.
What informs such an inkling?
Inklings are normally informed by a black liquid that has been applied to white paper and then dried to leave a solid residue on and in the surface texture of the paper.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Showing that he would prefer not to be the sub.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

won't be playing next week either way.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Starting to think armo has signed with GWS hence why he is so lack lustre

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:won't be playing next week either way.
Yep, head high I'm afraid.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

At least Armo coming in as the sub was played in the middle. He played just over a quarter of footy and got himself 10 touches (4 contested) and 3 clearances.

Loved seeing Steven win a hard ball after a centre bounce then handball it to Armo in the middle.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Sub again and didn't do much once on (although snuck through that late goal).

Where's this heading? Has he been locked-down as defensive forward? Is he leaving at the end of 2011. This situation has me confused and worried.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
westy
Club Player

Rocket wrote:Unless he has signed up for next year already (not sure?), I would say done deal to GC and hence why not playing in the middle.
Are you ken serious?

I'm livin' in a madhouse
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I am very worried that there only seems to be room for one pure inside midfielder in the Ross Lyon game plan.

Lenny held Luke back and now Steven is holding Armitage back.

I'm afraid to think of what might happen when Lenny comes back.

I feel that Ross needs to add some flexibility to his lineup, IMO we have room for Hayes, Steven and Armitage to play the majority of their football in the engine room, history shows however that Ross will feel diferently.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
DWOODROW
Club Player

I reckon he is trade bait to be honest.

Not used where he normally plays so what are his options.

Doesn't look good for him in that sense and if he's not needed then they should give him a chance elsewhere.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

well, ross f***ed up with ball...hope history is not repeating itself.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
DWOODROW
Club Player

stinger wrote:well, ross f***ed up with ball...hope history is not repeating itself.....
Depends who you speak to about that really.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
stinger wrote:well, ross f***ed up with ball...hope history is not repeating itself.....
i'm pretty certain that i'm right.....about ball that is.....i still think david is in ross' future plans though....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
DWOODROW
Club Player

stinger wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
i'm pretty certain that i'm right.....about ball that is.....i still think david is in ross' future plans though....
I agree with ball but not sold on Dave at the moment.

But thats another story all together

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I think Dave will be alright, unlike Ball, he appears flexible and willing to try other roles.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

I don't know what the fuss is to be honest.

Armitage is contributing brilliantly in his role.

And the small defensive forward is one of the most important roles in the game - especially for us considering we've been crying out for some forward pressure!

He's doing really well I think. He's tackling well, getting the nut and kicking goals.

Surely an AFL footballer won't crack it because he's not getting a run on the ball like we all did in the U13s!

It's a critical role - and he's doing it really well.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Agree Johnny, it's also so important for players to be flexible these days...the more strings to your bow, the better.

If he is multi-positional, then it will serve him well in his career.

DWOODROW
Club Player

Don't get me wrong, He's not cracking it by any means.

But when his position has gone from centre to forward flank, to bench to sub, do you really think he is doing his role well????

If he was then why wouldn't he be in the starting side. as I said before I wouldn't be happy playing sub for the rest of my life. While I don't think it will happen, I don't see why he and steven arn't playing in the middle together.

I know I am going to here the role playing and match up line but I am dreaming of seeing Dave and Jack in the middle together. They are both hard at it and if either of them don't win a clearance I will eat my St Kilda jumper.

In Ross we trust and even though I saw the worst two qtrs from St Kilda this year againts west Coast they still managed to come away with the win. He must know something. :wink:

If St Kilda hadn't had the contribution from Raph, Kosi and a 17 possession qtr from monty then things could have been vastly different.

Anyway now poor Gwilty is out there may be a few opportunities but I would think they would try and make a like for like change with Gwilty.

will be a big game this weekend.
This is my opinion as well for those who are going to say he's sooking.
I'M sooking.
Last edited by DWOODROW on Tue 19 Jul 2011 11:09am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Agree Johnny, it's also so important for players to be flexible these days...the more strings to your bow, the better.

If he is multi-positional, then it will serve him well in his career.
And it's a bit different to previous years where he wasn't getting a game.

Now he's getting a game and we're more concerned about where he plays and what his role is. At least he's getting to wear a Saints jumper each week now.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:.

I'M sooking.
lol - that is funny, and good on you for clarifying that David is not the one complaining. Well done.

As for him playing sub, i though he contributed very well when he came on for Jimmy, his tackling is hard and direct and he has really added some steel to our forward pressure.

I am with JM and believe that Armo moving forward has been an integral part of our improvement. His forward pressure is outstanding, and he is chipping in with a goal or two.

From what I see, Armo is excellent in an under but ATM is just a fraction slow with his take aways and tend to get caught a bit, where Steven is getting from the pack a little quicker. Maybe it is just my perception, and it certainly not a death sentance, Lenny is no quicker than Armo at all and he extracts himself and is able to get his disposals off, so Armo will definately improve in that area.

I really like the effort and results having an Armo type up forward and his efforts just show that his is 100% committed.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
dragit
Saintsational Legend

He's still improving… Please don't go Dave…

shmic_s
Club Player

DWOODROW wrote:Don't get me wrong, He's not cracking it by any means.

But when his position has gone from centre to forward flank, to bench to sub, do you really think he is doing his role well????

If he was then why wouldn't he be in the starting side. as I said before I wouldn't be happy playing sub for the rest of my life. While I don't think it will happen, I don't see why he and steven arn't playing in the middle together.

I know I am going to here the role playing and match up line but I am dreaming of seeing Dave and Jack in the middle together. They are both hard at it and if either of them don't win a clearance I will eat my St Kilda jumper.

In Ross we trust and even though I saw the worst two qtrs from St Kilda this year againts west Coast they still managed to come away with the win. He must know something. :wink:

If St Kilda hadn't had the contribution from Raph, Kosi and a 17 possession qtr from monty then things could have been vastly different.

Anyway now poor Gwilty is out there may be a few opportunities but I would think they would try and make a like for like change with Gwilty.

will be a big game this weekend.
I'M sooking.
I don't think we have an exact like replacement for Gwilt.
So if we bring in a Simpkin/Blake, someone like BJ or Dal might have to drop back more to give us some better disposal in the backline.
This could open up a spot for Dave to spend some more time in the midfield.

DWOODROW
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:

I'M sooking.
lol - that is funny, and good on you for clarifying that David is not the one complaining. Well done.

As for him playing sub, i though he contributed very well when he came on for Jimmy, his tackling is hard and direct and he has really added some steel to our forward pressure.

I am with JM and believe that Armo moving forward has been an integral part of our improvement. His forward pressure is outstanding, and he is chipping in with a goal or two.

From what I see, Armo is excellent in an under but ATM is just a fraction slow with his take aways and tend to get caught a bit, where Steven is getting from the pack a little quicker. Maybe it is just my perception, and it certainly not a death sentance, Lenny is no quicker than Armo at all and he extracts himself and is able to get his disposals off, so Armo will definately improve in that area.

I really like the effort and results having an Armo type up forward and his efforts just show that his is 100% committed.
Have to say I agree with those comments. Basically what I am looking for.
Give him a few tips here and there you know. Me being his mentor. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

I'M sooking.

Give him a few tips here and there you know. Me being his mentor. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LOL - point your gun at him, that will make him move a bit quicker :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
DWOODROW
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

I'M sooking.

LOL - point your gun at him, that will make him move a bit quicker :wink:
hahaha yes very true.

Not sure they would let me in the ground with my violin case and army cams though.