Mitch CLARK rumour...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints94 wrote:So has anyone actually heard anything on SEN or anything today?
Heard plenty today on SEN.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote: Allan murray, barry brooks and ferguson were the diappointing ones......were head and shoulders above vfl standard.......ferg battled his body and confidence.....brooks similar but lacked work ethic, budgie was a bit lazy too....
Both Ferguson and Brooks suffered from their injuries. Brooks could never come back after his knee reco and Ferg always seemed to have hammy problems.

Alan Murray never really showed his capability either at Port or the Saints.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Saints94
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
did any of it include Mitch Clark?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints94 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
No because it is just a crap rumour. I read on big footy today that we may also be interested in R. Sole, a 17 year old from northern knights.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
No because it is just a crap rumour. I read on big footy today that we may also be interested in R. Sole, a 17 year old from northern knights.
Yep, I saw that. Also heard the rumpour of a young Japanse kid ripping it up in the TAC for the Northern Bull ants. His name is Ar Saw.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I see Gilbert ahead of Clarke and Armo but on a three year period.

Clarke has not realised his huge potential yet and is still a very good player.

i would not be letting Gilbert go unless we got something good in return and to throw in Armo as well seems reckless. I think the lions would be happy with a bit less as they know if he goes to GWS he is gone for a pick to be confirmed by someone else. Getting an establishing player like Stanley and a pick might keep them happy.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Even if there is some merit in this rumour and even if he was actually interested in coming to St Kilda, I hope the club thinks twice before offloading a first round pick.

Brooks, Watts, Lovett. St Kilda haven't exactly had recent success with trading first-round picks.

Bad management is bad management
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Stanley and a pick

Our first pick will be around #20........ do you think stanley and pick 20 would get it done???

Plus it breaks the golden rule.......never trade a first rounder (unless you have another)

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Stanley and a pick

Our first pick will be around #20........ do you think stanley and pick 20 would get it done???

Plus it breaks the golden rule.......never trade a first rounder (unless you have another)

Trading first rounders is fine.

Geelong traded two to get Ottens.

Saintersss
Club Player

No chance that would be enough. Stanley is worth very little, probably only a third rounder.

Collingwood gave up pick 14 and 46 for Jolly. Clark is a better player and 4/5 years younger. Jolly also said he wanted to leave, and Collingwood probably got him a bit cheap for this reason, as most people thought they underpaid for him.

Would take at minimum, two mid-first rounders.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Real fine....

Look at our recent history of doing so.......

You need to continally keep bringing in quality talent.....high draft picks do not guarantee successful players, but increases the probability....

With trading you must have parameters, so you dont build lists on the run

One of my parameters
I would not trade a first rounder under any circumstances

Who were the players recieved for ottens???
Hall was a raging sucess in sydney......but we got dal

We got heath black for a first rounder........good player, did well for us....who did we miss out on???
A very good cat

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Saintersss wrote:

No chance that would be enough. Stanley is worth very little, probably only a third rounder.

Collingwood gave up pick 14 and 46 for Jolly. Clark is a better player and 4/5 years younger. Jolly also said he wanted to leave, and Collingwood probably got him a bit cheap for this reason, as most people thought they underpaid for him.

Would take at minimum, two mid-first rounders.
Clark better than Jolly?
He doesn't even demand first ruck duties at the Lions, 2 first round picks is not going to happen for Clark

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Zac Attack wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Zac Attack wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Arent we paying him?
that too, but wait Riewoldt goes onto the vet list so therefore all the problems of the world are solved?
Yep because the club would not have known that when doing other players contracts.
Agreed, the amount of planning gone into the contract lists and obligations mirrors John Beveridge's real idea of the football talent of Justin Sweeney...none.
Sweeney had more talent in his little finger than half of St Kilda's current list, at the age of 17 he was taking some unbelievable hangers and kicking goals over his head from the boundary 50 out... his issue was that his attitude, motivation and dedication stunk - talent had zero to do with it....

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Wherabouts did sweeney pull off these great acts....certainly not whilst at casey.....he was a serviceable medium fwd....at best.

He had some talent..... Moreso for local league footy, where size, fitness, athletisism, strength arent so much of a factor....

Poor mans justin plapp

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Wherabouts did sweeney pull off these great acts....certainly not whilst at casey.....he was a serviceable medium fwd....at best.

He had some talent..... Moreso for local league footy, where size, fitness, athletisism, strength arent so much of a factor....

Poor mans justin plapp
Who said Sweeney did great acts. He could have been a good player bar attitude. I am unsure that means he did great acts. He was good enough for the AFL ability wise, attitude wise he would have struggled above local level. You said he was like Milne. That proves you either didnt watch him or dont understand footy. Not sure which but probably the latter.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

The poster above me....

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Like milne, in the way that he was an opportunistic fwd.....not because he had milne's ability.....

Milne is a 250 game star

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

He's the perfect fit in terms of the way the game is going with the ruck - see Nic Nat, Kreuzer etc. He has that ability to cover the ground and then push forward.

His only downside is he's had quite a few injuries.

Zac Attack
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Like milne, in the way that he was an opportunistic fwd.....not because he had milne's ability.....

Milne is a 250 game star
We are going to miss him big time when he is gone. There are not too many sides that have quality talls and quality smalls. Yes Carlton have the mosquito fleet however they still act as the cream on the cake and Eddie Betts is pretty average.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dont worry he can play.

I thought he was signed sealed and delivered to GWS.

Could be a ruse by his management to signal he "hasnt made up his mind yet" so that GWS thing isnt confirmed.

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

Zac Attack wrote: Agreed, the amount of planning gone into the contract lists and obligations mirrors John Beveridge's real idea of the football talent of Justin Sweeney...none.
On the contrary, Justin Sweeney had loads of talent. Unfortunately his head wasnt in the right space for AFL footy.

When you look at this VFL performances for Casey Scorpions, he had kicked more goals at this stage of the season than both Will Johnson and Arryn Siposs, whom everyone on this forum is pleading to be selected in the senior side. It wasnt that long ago that the same people were pleading for Justin Sweeney to be selected... unfortunately as you have been a Saintsational member for only 3 DAYS you wouldnt know this would you?

Do I smell a troll???

:roll: :roll: :roll:

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

St Ick wrote:
Zac Attack wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Zac Attack wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Arent we paying him?
that too, but wait Riewoldt goes onto the vet list so therefore all the problems of the world are solved?
Yep because the club would not have known that when doing other players contracts.
Agreed, the amount of planning gone into the contract lists and obligations mirrors John Beveridge's real idea of the football talent of Justin Sweeney...none.
Sweeney had more talent in his little finger than half of St Kilda's current list, at the age of 17 he was taking some unbelievable hangers and kicking goals over his head from the boundary 50 out... his issue was that his attitude, motivation and dedication stunk - talent had zero to do with it....
Sorry... just posted a similar response before reading this one... I agree wholeheartedly St Ick... 8-)

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote: With trading you must have parameters, so you dont build lists on the run

One of my parameters

Who were the players recieved for ottens??? Adam pattison and Danny Meyer

We got heath black for a first rounder........good player, did well for us....who did we miss out on???
A very good cat

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:
BigMart wrote: With trading you must have parameters, so you dont build lists on the run

One of my parameters

Who were the players recieved for ottens??? Adam pattison and Danny Meyer

A very good cat

Spot on.

Draft picks hold hope. That's why people are afraid to use them.

If the right move appears, they can be used. Saying you should never trade them is ignorant.

Doubt Geelong would have two premierships with Patterson and Meyers. They do with Ottens thou. A player targeted for his ability and his position to the team.

Zac Attack
Club Player

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
Zac Attack wrote: Agreed, the amount of planning gone into the contract lists and obligations mirrors John Beveridge's real idea of the football talent of Justin Sweeney...none.
On the contrary, Justin Sweeney had loads of talent. Unfortunately his head wasnt in the right space for AFL footy.

When you look at this VFL performances for Casey Scorpions, he had kicked more goals at this stage of the season than both Will Johnson and Arryn Siposs, whom everyone on this forum is pleading to be selected in the senior side. It wasnt that long ago that the same people were pleading for Justin Sweeney to be selected... unfortunately as you have been a Saintsational member for only 3 DAYS you wouldnt know this would you?

Do I smell a troll???

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Okay so by that logic I would have never known about Justin Sweeney and his ability until I signed up here?

That's clever...that's also really stupid.

Sweeney was useless as his head wasn't in the right place. Just because he had perceived talent does not mean anything. Without the drive to success his talent because null and void.

Why do you smell a troll? What do trolls smell like? If you actually have evidence of the smell then how?