David King at it again on Foxtel's AFL360. Hmmmm....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Ajer wrote:I heard him say this too. What he was trying to say with the TV Rights thing being $8.50 instead of $1.25 Billion if there were 17 St Kilda's is that we play a boring, defensive brand of football and the majority of fans hate watching St Kilda games. If the fans hate watching that brand of football, rather than attacking, high scoring footy then what he says makes sense.

I personally find our game plan boring as hell, i haven't enjoyed going to games this year and even last weeks win over North had me yawning. Don't get me wrong, it was good watching us win, but at the same time i like a bit of excitement too.

David King is right, whether you naive fans on here dont want to believe it or not.

i tend to agree......i listened to mcclure and to king.....replayed it for the missus......we tended to agree with their comments......hurts, yes...but the truth does that at times.....the fans have dropped off...so has membership.....anybody criticising mcclure needs to listen to what he said first...king's comment was just a follow up.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i tend to agree......i listened to mcclure and to king.....replayed it for the missus......we tended to agree with their comments......hurts, yes...but the truth does that at times.....the fans have dropped off...so has membership.....anybody criticising mcclure needs to listen to what he said first...king's comment was just a follow up.....

maybe their fact is correct but it's the venom Maclure in particular uses that can annoy

and has he checked Geelongs membership recently..... they don't even publish it online but it would appear to be lower than ours and they are 2 time premiers with untill last week an unbeaten season.
so selective use of figures..

and why did they NOT give credit to north Melbourne for their efforts in forcing it back into their forward line.. or kicking straight.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Megsie
Club Player

McCLURE A THOUSAND TIMES WORSE THAN KING!!!!!!!

Was totally ignorant & disgusting with his suggestion "no kid would be
happy to be drafted to the saints" no game plan no money no decent assistant coaches no profit this year no more than 39.000 because no one likes the club anymore. Talk about jumping on/off constantly he makes me puke......the hack.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Personally, I laughed.

I think the sponsor of the new segment would be disappointed. :lol:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

MaClure has it in for us for some reason.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:MaClure has it in for us for some reason.
was he sacked by the club????..do they owe him money.....???..there is certainly something there...although there is a glimmer of truth in what he is saying....

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

David King, oustanding player, but a jerk.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Fox footy had allot of good programs but since its demise , most footy related shows are shite !!! I never listen to their broadcast games ,as there commentators are appalling ( mute sound & turn on radio ), and replayed games are always shortened ! F@#$ nose why I subscribe !

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Who gives a F*** what that knob thinks......

Absolute tool..... I rank him higher than akef

Completely stupid.... I rank him dumber than Lloyd

So again, why give a rats......he's a moron

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Who gives a F*** what that knob thinks......

Absolute tool..... I rank him higher than akef

Completely stupid.... I rank him dumber than Lloyd

So again, why give a rats......he's a moron
I feel better knowing how you think.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So were not allowed to give our opinions now??

Well how are you going to shoot everyone down, if they dont give their opinions....

Your a f***ing legend.....surely your working down at seaford??

Again though, instead of commenting on my opinion....what is yours????

stinger
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:

Your a f***ing legend.....

only in his own mind....

Maklom
Club Player

As much as I think David King is a spanker head (not sure about McClure, don't listen to him much) there is def an element of truth to his comments in the wider football community.
However, I don't think it is boring footy but goddamn it is frustrating!!

This year it is perfectly understandable why we haven't gone onwards and upwards with membership and crowd figures (actually in reverse).

Firstly memberships have plateaud because half the members are broke from spending so much going to all the finals of the last 3 years and for no result. Only so much psychological damage can be absorbed before it starts to have a longer lasting effect, not everyone will succumb but I reckon a fair few supporters (and players) already have.

Secondly, seating arrangements are a joke and we pay way too much at idiot stadium for what we get (wtf is up with the premium seating prices on lvl 3?).

Thirdly, entertainment value - where is it when you watch a saints game these days? I will watch it because I have RWB blood in my veins but I am hard pressed to find anyone else who is keen, young or old.

Saints fans will continue to watch them grind it out and hope for a win but at the moment I don't think we enjoy doing it, I know I don't. :?

Ajer
Club Player

Maklom wrote:As much as I think David King is a spanker head (not sure about McClure, don't listen to him much) there is def an element of truth to his comments in the wider football community.
However, I don't think it is boring footy but goddamn it is frustrating!!

This year it is perfectly understandable why we haven't gone onwards and upwards with membership and crowd figures (actually in reverse).

Firstly memberships have plateaud because half the members are broke from spending so much going to all the finals of the last 3 years and for no result. Only so much psychological damage can be absorbed before it starts to have a longer lasting effect, not everyone will succumb but I reckon a fair few supporters (and players) already have.

Secondly, seating arrangements are a joke and we pay way too much at idiot stadium for what we get (wtf is up with the premium seating prices on lvl 3?).

Thirdly, entertainment value - where is it when you watch a saints game these days? I will watch it because I have RWB blood in my veins but I am hard pressed to find anyone else who is keen, young or old.

Saints fans will continue to watch them grind it out and hope for a win but at the moment I don't think we enjoy doing it, I know I don't. :?
Well said.