Contract news- Milne. Winmar + others info

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Contract news- Milne. Winmar + others info

The St Kilda Football Club is delighted to announce the re-signing of two key players, Nick Winmar and Stephen Milne.

Up and coming talent, Nick Winmar, has signed a new 2 year contract, while 31 year old veteran Stephen Milne will be in the red, white and black in season 2012 after penning a 1 year extension.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsartic ... fault.aspx
Last edited by saintbrat on Fri 08 Jul 2011 9:51am, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
matrix
Saintsational Legend

should please some that we have resigned milne for another year.

lol

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

matrix wrote:should please some that we have resigned milne for another year.

lol
The hyphen is important, Mat.

re-signed.

resigned means something not so good.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Happy with both :D

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Yes, good news. :D

Ajer
Club Player

Awesome news about Milney, he is playing the best footy of his career the last year or two so love to see him back again.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Unbelieveable about Milney....

He just keeps on, keeping on......his performances this year have been the same as every other year, significant.....

Top ten in the b&f this year

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I'm surprised about Winmar getting a 2 year extension. Hasn't he been at the club 2 years already after this year? Not as if other clubs would be circling for his services. He's played 2 senior games in that time I think. He may well come on, but I would have thought the club hold all the cards. Why not give him a one year extension and see how he's travelling. After 3 years in the system, I reckon we've got a good idea of whether he'll be a senior player or not.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:I'm surprised about Winmar getting a 2 year extension. Hasn't he been at the club 2 years already after this year? Not as if other clubs would be circling for his services. He's played 2 senior games in that time I think. He may well come on, but I would have thought the club hold all the cards. Why not give him a one year extension and see how he's travelling. After 3 years in the system, I reckon we've got a good idea of whether he'll be a senior player or not.
Most players get 2 years. This basically his first year at the club due to injuries last year so has done a pretty good job.

St Nick

Re: Contract news- Milne. Winmar

saintbrat wrote:The St Kilda Football Club is delighted to announce the re-signing of two key players, Nick Winmar and Stephen Milne.

Up and coming talent, Nick Winmar, has signed a new 2 year contract, while 31 year old veteran Stephen Milne will be in the red, white and black in season 2012 after penning a 1 year extension.

The re-signing of Milne is good for him but AFAIC, this proves that Lyon is not going to re-build our list. He is still persisting with the old brigade hoping he can get that elusive flag. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

St Nick wrote:
saintbrat wrote:The St Kilda Football Club is delighted to announce the re-signing of two key players, Nick Winmar and Stephen Milne.

The re-signing of Milne is good for him but AFAIC, this proves that Lyon is not going to re-build our list. He is still persisting with the old brigade hoping he can get that elusive flag. :roll: :roll: ::
you canot dump the whole team and Milney will be and does teach the yougn guys a lot about persisting through adversity and proving your worth.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Nick wrote:

The re-signing of Milne is good for him but AFAIC, this proves that Lyon is not going to re-build our list. He is still persisting with the old brigade hoping he can get that elusive flag. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Why does it prove that? Do you think any side would get rid of Milne with the form he has shown this year whether they were rebuilding or not.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

St Nick wrote:

you really are a troll, aren't you.....????..wtf wouldn't we re-sign our leading goalkicker and ..if it was fair dinkum.....a 2011 all australian..

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St Nick

Anyone older than 28 will not be in our next premiership. Now before everyone freaks out, I'm not saying get rid of everyone that is over 28. However, if it were up to me, I would not have re-signed Milne. What I wouldv'e done is this. Trade Milne plus our third pick (lets say it is pick 50) for pick 30ish....the higher the better obviously.

Would anyone take this, maybe, maybe not.!!!!!?????

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Nick wrote:Anyone older than 28 will not be in our next premiership. Now before everyone freaks out, I'm not saying get rid of everyone that is over 28. However, if it were up to me, I would not have re-signed Milne. What I wouldv'e done is this. Trade Milne plus our third pick (lets say it is pick 50) for pick 30ish....the higher the better obviously.

You are on serious drugs. Who would take Milney at his age. You are either having a lend of us or have no idea about footy. I am undecided at the moment. Do you know Chicago Saint?

St Nick

plugger66 wrote:
St Nick wrote:Anyone older than 28 will not be in our next premiership. Now before everyone freaks out, I'm not saying get rid of everyone that is over 28. However, if it were up to me, I would not have re-signed Milne. What I wouldv'e done is this. Trade Milne plus our third pick (lets say it is pick 50) for pick 30ish....the higher the better obviously.

You are on serious drugs. Who would take Milney at his age. You are either having a lend of us or have no idea about footy. I am undecided at the moment. Do you know Chicago Saint?
If Rioli did his knee I reckon Hawthorn would look at this trade. It would only cost them a downgrade of their 3rd pick by about 15 to 20 places. That's all. They could sign him up for 12 months.

Joffa 5
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

It's pretty obvious he's having a laugh. If eveyone stopped taking the bait he would have no reason to persist.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Nick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

If Rioli did his knee I reckon Hawthorn would look at this trade. It would only cost them a downgrade of their 3rd pick by about 15 to 20 places. That's all. They could sign him up for 12 months.
And if you watched the game you may have some idea but that isnt going to happen and neither is anyone wanting a 31 year old that we wanted anyway. May as well get rid of Hayes as well. He would definitely be wanted by another club. GWS for one.

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Does anyone know if the review of the investigation of the rape claims has been concluded as yet (i may have missed it). My only concern would be if we re-signed him and then the case got re-opened and provides another distraction for next year. If he is found guilty or not is beside the point he surely would not be able to focus 100% if the case was re opened?

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

redwhite&blackblood wrote:Does anyone know if the review of the investigation of the rape claims has been concluded as yet (i may have missed it). My only concern would be if we re-signed him and then the case got re-opened and provides another distraction for next year. If he is found guilty or not is beside the point he surely would not be able to focus 100% if the case was re opened?
I'll go with the presumption of innocence in preference to Milney playing against us thanks.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

GrumpyOne wrote:
redwhite&blackblood wrote:Does anyone know if the review of the investigation of the rape claims has been concluded as yet (i may have missed it). My only concern would be if we re-signed him and then the case got re-opened and provides another distraction for next year. If he is found guilty or not is beside the point he surely would not be able to focus 100% if the case was re opened?
I'll go with the presumption of innocence in preference to Milney playing against us thanks.
I am not presuming anything but if the case was to be re opened it would be a major distraction more so than the photos and everything this year. I have faith in the club that they have done due dilligence on this before contract talks and therefore i am not concerned too much. Just wanted to know if anyone knew anything on where the review was at.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
To the top
SS Life Member

"Who would take Milne at his age".

Precisely.

He will be 32 years of age next season - and at some stage that and (hopefully) the development of the likes of Cripps and Ledger will bring down the curtain.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:"Who would take Milne at his age".

Precisely.

He will be 32 years of age next season - and at some stage that and (hopefully) the development of the likes of Cripps and Ledger will bring down the curtain.
Yep but had a great career and still having a very good season. Anyone thinking otherwise has little knowledge of the game.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
To the top wrote:"Who would take Milne at his age".

Precisely.

Yep but had a great career and still having a very good season. Anyone thinking otherwise has little knowledge of the game.
Rubbish - we should have got rid of harvey when he was 29, no good at all after that.

This St.Nick troll is the same moron who said at bf before the 2009 season that we had to completely rebuld because we would never make a GF with the team we had.

Out and out troll and will be banned soon enough.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Classy by the club, Milne has been a very good servant of the RWB.

Winmar I hope to see some more of.

Nice work Saints.