David King at it again on Foxtel's AFL360. Hmmmm....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint tash
Club Player

David King at it again on Foxtel's AFL360. Hmmmm....

David King on Foxtel's AFL360 :

"If there were 17 St Kilda's the AFL would have got $8.50 for the TV rights deal instead of $1.253 Billion".

Who does this chump think he is???? Anyone else here it or see it???

:evil: with steam coming out of my ears.

Oh when the saints go charging in!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: David King at it again on Foxtel's AFL360. Hmmmm....

saint tash wrote:David King on Foxtel's AFL360 :

"If there were 17 St Kilda's the AFL would have got $8.50 for the TV rights deal instead of $1.253 Billion".

And if there were 17 North Melbournes the competition would have folded years ago!

saintjake
Club Player

Why is he so bad for saying that?
we Do play very un-attractive footy. Its just a honest statement.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

that might be true. us saints fans sees things through rose coloured glasses. Would n't we love it if the saints kicked 15-20 goals occasionally. when was the last timne we did kick 20 goals in a game. We can defend ok. but we sure give the fans a scare.
Last edited by saintly on Wed 06 Jul 2011 9:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:

I agree. it isnt great to watch and we follow the club. Anyone who doesnt agree should talk to their mates who dont follow us. Look how many saints supporters on here had a go at the club after the North game and we won.

saint tash
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:

And if there were 17 North Melbournes the competition would have folded years ago!
:lol: Yeah! Norf Melbourne.

Oh when the saints go charging in!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintjake wrote:

I agree. it isnt great to watch and we follow the club. Anyone who doesnt agree should talk to their mates who dont follow us. Look how many saints supporters on here had a go at the club after the North game and we won.
I reckon some of our supporters went a bit over the top.

I watched the replay again today and didn't see too much wrong with the first 3 quarters. Sure we failed to score a goal in the last but it has been suggested the players were a bit spent after the bye.

We got the win we were after and there was some pretty good footy on display til 3/4 time.

If people base their enjoyment on whether or not we score 100 points I hope they never go to a Soccer match :wink:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

So the team that pretty much revolutionised the game two years ago is a worthless blight on the code now.

King is a failed coach and horrible smart arse.

His opinion is his to have.

I don't agree.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:So the team that pretty much revolutionised the game two years ago is a worthless blight on the code now....
I thought that Hawthorn did that in 2008 (the 2004 Premiers also played a similar game) and we "improved" upon it in 2009 and then Collingwood took over in 2010. I note that Geelong is now playing "our style" of footy (against top sides at least) and its results are very similar to us in 2009. Have a look at Round 1 for evidence.

There is no doubt that I, like most, would prefer the almost all out attack approach of 2004/05. Then, only very few forward players put pressure on backmen. One of the exceptions was Aaron Hamill, which made him, and us, so damaging. As we have all said so many times, his absence, for that very reason, in PFs in '04 and '05, was the difference.

On the style of game, I can't see it changing too much.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Has anyone actually spoke to opposition fans? He's just saying what the majority of the football community thinks that don't support St Kilda.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

He tipped us to win the flag in the first show this year.

He's probably pissed that we made him look like a goose.

That said it'd be nice if we could be a bit more attacking.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Apart from the fact he's a knob and thinks nothing of trashing holiday houses in North East Victoria, King has a point....it's the worst game style in the comp and what have we got to show for it...pictures of Geelong and the filth rejoicing.....

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
I watched the replay again today and didn't see too much wrong with the first 3 quarters. Sure we failed to score a goal in the last but it has been suggested the players were a bit spent after the bye.

We got the win we were after and there was some pretty good footy on display til 3/4 time.
We not only failed to score a goal in the last quarter, we failed to score. Any other team would have beaten us.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Wayne King

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

I never listen to what King has to say really. He talks as if he is a coach, but he couldn't cut the mustard as an assistant at the Tigers when they were woeful.

He tries to make big statements because he doesn't have the intelligence to construct insightful opinions.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Didn't King once beat up a guy who didn't make him a falafel that was to his liking?

If the case, I'm not so sure we should be taking someone like this' opinion seriously at all.
Last edited by Sainternist on Thu 07 Jul 2011 8:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Who cares... There is a reason he didn't secure another coaching role after Richmond.

Now trying to make a living making big statements.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I know he is right soccer has gone no where because of it's defensive style and lack of scoring. He should apply to have us removed from the comp for bringing the game into disrepute. Is that the weird gay guy from North David King or the other one? The North one was always a dick.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

kings comments were nothing compared to the spray we copped from mcclure......he said no-one will want to come to the saints when free agency comes in because no-one would enjoy playing the s*** football we play.....and that even our own players don't like it...also no kid wants to be drafted by the saints as they don't get a look in in the first three years.....there was heaps more too.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

stinger wrote:kings comments were nothing compared to the spray we copped from mcclure......he said no-one will want to come to the saints when free agency comes in because no-one would enjoy playing the s*** football we play.....and that even our own players don't like it...also no kid wants to be drafted by the saints as they don't get a look in in the first three years.....there was heaps more too.......
McClure is a d**khead...... King is a d**khead......

Kids want to play AFL football first. The club they play for is a secondary consideration.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

The ball goes up and down the ground all the time. It's just that it doesn't go through the Saints goals very often :!:

It's the competiveness that makes the game exciting. What does a 20 goals to say, 3 goals look like as a game - you can hear a match drop in the crowd.

Must have been a slow footy news day for Kingy, so he made somethoing up and look - we idiots are commenting on it FFS. :roll:

Ajer
Club Player

I heard him say this too. What he was trying to say with the TV Rights thing being $8.50 instead of $1.25 Billion if there were 17 St Kilda's is that we play a boring, defensive brand of football and the majority of fans hate watching St Kilda games. If the fans hate watching that brand of football, rather than attacking, high scoring footy then what he says makes sense.

I personally find our game plan boring as hell, i haven't enjoyed going to games this year and even last weeks win over North had me yawning. Don't get me wrong, it was good watching us win, but at the same time i like a bit of excitement too.

David King is right, whether you naive fans on here dont want to believe it or not.

Ajer
Club Player

stinger wrote:kings comments were nothing compared to the spray we copped from mcclure......he said no-one will want to come to the saints when free agency comes in because no-one would enjoy playing the s*** football we play.....and that even our own players don't like it...also no kid wants to be drafted by the saints as they don't get a look in in the first three years.....there was heaps more too.......
If you were a free agent and could choose where you wanted to go, would you honestly choose St Kilda over say Collingwood, Carlton, Hawthorn etc? Well, dumb question really cause you support St Kilda and would definitely choose Saints :D

But from a non-bias point of view, i can understand the point McLure was making. I think the people on here are so annoyed about the comments cause deep down they know its true. I honestly think the Free Agency thing is going to hurt the league and in particular teams like Saints, Dogs, Roos etc.

Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon and Richmond are gunna benefit big time.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

About time you told us who you barrack for, Ajer.

This is a St Kilda fan forum.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:

Sure. Let's replace 'St Kilda' with 'Sydney' then, or 'Richmond', or 'Port'...gee, that's better. :roll: