Nick Riewoldt Possible Injury Scare

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Nick Riewoldt Possible Injury Scare

From ONEAFL on twitter!!!
Injury scare for the Saints - Nick Riewoldt misses training - in some doubt for clash with Port Adelaide Sunday - watch Ten News at 5pm
Lets hope its just some rubbish they are trying to spin

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Scare implies it is simply that, a scare?

Hopefully anyway.

Just looked to be clicking again, would be awful timing if it was anything.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I couldn't see any noticeable injury during Sunday's game - flu ???

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Is Kosi back this week? Could be a very small forward line if rumour true.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Reckon a injury scare to Roo would be made into big news if he had some kinda soreness in his hamstring? The media would be all over it...

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Big difference between going off at training (injury) and missing training (many causes)

Here's hoping it's nothing. :?

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Griggsy wrote:Is Kosi back this week? Could be a very small forward line if rumour true.
Nope got another week. If he's out lets all start praying for lots of rain?? :lol:

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I noticed that prick Locky Hansen getting into the back of Rooey's leg in the goal square on Sunday - didn't look serious, but you never know !

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Useless reporters. I wouldn't trust them as far as I throw them. If they can't confirm anything, it means they are bored twiddling their thumbs and have to improvise a "story"

I remember some idiot on SEN was speculating over Zac Dawson's "hamstring" right before the 2009 GF. Heart in mouth stuff. It turned out Zac was taking it easy at training because he was trying overcome a dose of the flu :roll:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Sainternist wrote:Useless reporters. I wouldn't trust them as far as I throw them. Why can't they confirm something first?

I remember some idiot on SEN was speculating over Zac Dawson's "hamstring" right before the 2009 GF. Heart in mouth stuff. It turned out Zac was taking it easy at training because he was trying overcome a dose of the flu :roll:
That was probably Maxy spreading that rumor :lol: :lol:

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
Sainternist wrote:Useless reporters. I wouldn't trust them as far as I throw them. Why can't they confirm something first?

That was probably Maxy spreading that rumor :lol: :lol:
Or the idiots who thought RL was wrong in not selecting Max. A lot of neutral fans villified him for that *sigh*

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Useless reporters. I wouldn't trust them as far as I throw them. If they can't confirm anything, it means they are bored twiddling their thumbs and have to improvise a "story"

Why does it matter what they say if you dont trust them anyway? And I would love to know how they can confirm it. It isnt as if the club will say something. He misses training. Its a story.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Useless reporters. I wouldn't trust them as far as I throw them. If they can't confirm anything, it means they are bored twiddling their thumbs and have to improvise a "story"

Wasn't it food poisening?

At least he was in the ball park that there was an issue!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Why does it matter what they say if you dont trust them anyway? And I would love to know how they can confirm it. It isnt as if the club will say something. He misses training. Its a story.
Well I missed training also so I guess that means I won't be on the plane :wink:

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Well, the example I gave was before the GF. That was an extremely nerve wracking week. I could hardly sleep most nights.

But I'm sure you were as cool as cucumber all week, Plugger. Afterall, you're more of fan of the umpires :P

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Well I missed training also so I guess that means I won't be on the plane :wink:
Jesus what kind of supporter are you.... :wink:

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

Wasn't it food poisening?

At least he was in the ball park that there was an issue!
That's it! It was food poisoning. Thanks for verifying that one.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I remember some idiot on SEN was speculating over Zac Dawson's "hamstring" right before the 2009 GF. Heart in mouth stuff. It turned out Zac was taking it easy at training because he was trying overcome a dose of the flu  :roll:
Well I missed training also so I guess that means I won't be on the plane  :wink:
Jesus what kind of supporter are you....  :wink:
A fairly soft one obviously!

Having said that, I do "go when it's my turn to go". As long as it's to the Bar or the Dunny :wink:

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

They are saying its left knee soreness. Had to have treatment after the game in the rooms. Will train Friday to see if he flys over or not.

mohannair
Club Player

Yes was on Ten news, showed Nick walking off the training track.

Hope it is only pre-cautionary.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mohannair wrote:Yes was on Ten news, showed Nick walking off the training track.

If he was there that is a better sign. Many players dont complete the first proper training session of the week. It is just cameras were there for a change otherwise there would be a headline every week.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
mohannair wrote:Yes was on Ten news, showed Nick walking off the training track.

If he was there that is a better sign. Many players dont complete the first proper training session of the week. It is just cameras were there for a change otherwise there would be a headline every week.
Did light duties and worked inside most of the session.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Did light duties and worked inside most of the session.
Probably 6 others did that as well. They arent captain or blond though.
Last edited by plugger66 on Wed 06 Jul 2011 8:20pm, edited 2 times in total.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

I can't find it for the life of me, but there was an article somewhere that had a picture from the changerooms post-match of Peake or maybe Dempster. And sitting on the floor to the right was Riewoldt with an ice pack on his left knee.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."