"Watch your back, the Saints are coming"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

wasaintsfan
Club Player

start the revival this week and beat port...

then we shall crush the west coast eagles....

followed by running over adelaide...

before heading to the gold coast and giving them a first class lesson of "saints footy"

in which i shall then join fellow saints supporters at the saints freo game..

then the following week i shall again march with 30 000 other saints supporters onto our holy land and proceed to shove collingwoods head up their rear ends!!!!!

then they will not be talking about if the saints make the finals but it shall be when we seal our spot in the 8...

and then the skies the limit =D

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
ralphsmith wrote:Yes indeed, let us invoke the spirit of bradbury.

Think of the spring, weather warming, excitment building, saints in the finals totally written off. It would be great to make it again, if we go out first round who cares. Longer off season for the players and you dont have to blow hundreds of dollars on finals tickets.

If we sneak into the prelim, that would be incredible.

Theres no real expectation or pressure on the players this year compared to previous years.
+1

If you think about it, we really have f**k all to lose for the remainder of this season and a hell of a lot more to gain :)
Given where we're placed and how we're traveling it's a pretty easy call to say we won't make it.

An easy call and a rather safe call.

And an extremely BORING call!

Let those of us who want to believe in miracles do so.

If and when we come up short you'll have all of the off-season in which to say "I told you so" :roll:
And if we miss out on finals we looks forward to rebuilding a new team.

I reckon the next St.Kilda team to be a premiership threat will get it right. A new precedent and culture has been set at the club. It has come a long way in the last 10 or so years. You could almost compare it to Geelong since 1989 and finally getting its team of champions in 2007.

BELIEVE OR BUM :lol:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:

I reckon the next St.Kilda team to be a premiership threat will get it right. A new precedent and culture has been set at the club. It has come a long way in the last 10 or so years. You could almost compare it to Geelong since 1989 and finally getting its team of champions in 2007.
So we'll have to wait 18 years from last year.......2028....i hope you're right...

I could be in the check out queue by then

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

So we'll have to wait 18 years from last year.......2028....i hope you're right...

I could be in the check out queue by then
You are overwhelming us with your optimism, Bob.

The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades

8-) :wink:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Id like to make the 8 - give some kids a shot.

Id liek to not waste this shyte year and use it to launch us into 2012....do that and we can be top 4 again next year with a revitalised list, greater skilled youth in the team and a genuine shot.

“Yeah….nah””
dragit
Saintsational Legend

What would be tragic is if we made the finals only to play a team with no kids, the only addition to last year being polo/gamble… man that would suck, if we get there we've got to play at least 3 younger guys.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:What would be tragic is if we made the finals only to play a team with no kids, the only addition to last year being polo/gamble… man that would suck, if we get there we've got to play at least 3 younger guys.
Well the way things are going injury wise, there may be no kids available to play anyway :(

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
dragit wrote:What would be tragic is if we made the finals only to play a team with no kids, the only addition to last year being polo/gamble… man that would suck, if we get there we've got to play at least 3 younger guys.
Well the way things are going injury wise, there may be no kids available to play anyway :(
I can still think of at least 5 who are fit at the moment.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
I can still think of at least 5 who are fit at the moment.
We're still a fair way out from the finals though :wink:

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

We will lose this weekend(bookmark it) and it will put all this finals talk to bed.

Ebert a return to form as we've seen before, Rodan plays his look like an elite superstar one game of the year game against us for the 4th year running

If we were in good form we could win many on the run home,but we are just an average side and will drop plenty. Dreaming of a suprise assault at the GF......just let it go. The past has been unkind,but it won't be undone this season,and holding on to hope that it will happen this year is just crueling yourself

Take a winter holiday and let it go,it's much easier 8-) .

Bring back the Lockett era
Joffa 5
Club Player

jonesy wrote:We will lose this weekend(bookmark it) and it will put all this finals talk to bed.

Ebert a return to form as we've seen before, Rodan plays his look like an elite superstar one game of the year game against us for the 4th year running

If we were in good form we could win many on the run home,but we are just an average side and will drop plenty. Dreaming of a suprise assault at the GF......just let it go. The past has been unkind,but it won't be undone this season,and holding on to hope that it will happen this year is just crueling yourself

Boo hiss!

I much prefer the optimistic posts :D

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Joffa 5 wrote:
jonesy wrote:We will lose this weekend(bookmark it) and it will put all this finals talk to bed.

Boo hiss!

optimism got us no where on here the last two seasons....just expect the worst,you won't be as dissapointed :wink:

Bring back the Lockett era
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
Joffa 5 wrote:

Boo hiss!

optimism got us no where on here the last two seasons....just expect the worst,you won't be as dissapointed :wink:
I'm not expecting a fairy tale end to the 2011 season.

I'm not really even living in the hope of one.

But whatever will be will be and sometimes things just all come together and miracles happen.

I'm not writing off the year yet, but as I don't really expect it to end in Champagne, I'm not going to expose myself to disappointment either.

One thing I know for sure is that I pine for the Saints in the off season and get very edgy in the months waiting for the new season to come around.

And for that reason I intend to get as much enjoyment out of the remainder of 2011, however long that may be.  

Just really, really, really enjoy going to the footy; that's all :)

degruch
Saintsational Legend

The 80's (and associated Watson/Blight-era flashback) made me appreciate that fact that I got to see the team play at least one more game for the season, even if we did get beaten...I'd be happy if we made the finals, no matter what happens when we get there.

Looking at the top 8 as it stands, we may not be in form to beat the top 4 at the moment, but I'm not sure there's an aweful lot of teams there the Saints would be 'scared of' either.

Maklom
Club Player

Remember the Melbourne elimination in 2006? That wasn't very fun to watch. I am all for reaching the finals and would definitely participate rather than tank but I believe we need to string 5 really good games together (5 wins?) before I start to get optimistic about finals.

Maklom
Club Player

Remember the Melbourne elimination in 2006? That wasn't very fun to watch. I am all for reaching the finals and would definitely participate rather than tank but I believe we need to string 5 really good games together (5 wins?) before I start to get optimistic about finals.

Maklom
Club Player

Oops, sorry for repost browser stuffed up!

Maklom
Club Player

Maklom
Club Player

Oops, sorry for repost browser stuffed up!

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

jonesy wrote:Take a winter holiday and let it go,it's much easier 8-) .
I hope your pina colada goes down the wrong way and you snort it out your nose.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Old Mate wrote:It looks to me that the Pies haven't got out of second gear and are still blowing teams away playing with attacking flair.
Much the same as last year, with the exception of a couple games, which was my point above.
Cruise control. They may not win it, but they are perfectly placed.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
Joffa 5 wrote:

Boo hiss!

I have a bad feeling about this game too. We should put them away but......hope I am wrong.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
Joffa 5 wrote:

Boo hiss!

Are you out of your mind?!?!?!

We were inches away from winning a premiership last year in GF part 1.

The year before, all we needed to do was to kick straight at goal and we had a premiership then.

Unlike, this year, these were not false hopes which we held 2009 and 2010 because we were a genuine chance both years and we just ended being desperately unlucky.

Please, DO NOT undermine the optimism of those two years.

For those of us who missed out on 1966, theose two years were probably the best two years of our St.Kilda supporting lives :cry:

Furphy
Club Player

Yep, we've lulled the other teams into a false sense of security by deliberatley underperforming and now we've got 'em where we want 'em, no more Mr. Nice-guy as the invincible Sainters come home with a wet sail! When we romp it into the GF, I hear Elvis will be flown in by a flying saucer to provide the pre-match entertainment... :lol:
Last edited by Furphy on Thu 07 Jul 2011 2:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Furphy wrote:Yep, we've lulled the other teams into a false sense of security by deliberatley underperforming and now we've got 'em were we want 'em, no more Mr. Nice-guy as the invincible Sainters come home with a wet sail! When we romp it into the GF, I hear Elvis will be flown in by a flying saucer to provide the pre-match entertainment... :lol:
While it would be great to see Nicky Winmar re-enact his jumper-raising gesture I don't think that New Zealand jetpack invention is ready to pass CAA certification for use at the MCG yet.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."