Gram

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I find it really strange you can hard tag someone and only have two contested possessions.

I actually like the sentiment of the tweet, I'm just not sure why Gram feels he is the self appointed preacher. Earlier this year he tried to talk some guys into retirement, now he is telling supporters he'd like to see them out there.

The booing of Raph was disgraceful, probably would of been better coming from the coach maybe?
he has as much right.....(.no he has ten times more right)...to voice an opinion as(than) the rest of us....

i felt for raph......if you want to boo saints players at least have the decency to wear the oppositions colours ffs......morons.... :evil: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Gram should never play another game for St kilda, he is a total liability.

Play a young kid who can actually kick the ball properly.

Trade him at the end of the year if anyone is stupid enough to take him.

Classic Gram turnover before three quarter time cost us another goal and brought North back into the game.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
SainterK wrote:I find it really strange you can hard tag someone and only have two contested possessions.

I actually like the sentiment of the tweet, I'm just not sure why Gram feels he is the self appointed preacher. Earlier this year he tried to talk some guys into retirement, now he is telling supporters he'd like to see them out there.

The booing of Raph was disgraceful, probably would of been better coming from the coach maybe?
he has as much right.....(.no he has ten times more right)...to voice an opinion as(than) the rest of us....

i felt for raph......if you want to boo saints players at least have the decency to wear the oppositions colours ffs......morons.... :evil: :evil:
I reckon Gram might not be relishing the fact that his date in court is fast approaching.
I don't know many who would enjoy having their character 'torn apart' by a lawyer intent on getting his client off a charge by whatever means are at his disposal.

Never mind that Gram is not charged with anything - Lovett's lawyer will get stuck into him and try and make him out to be akin to an 'axe-murderer' if it helps the Lovett case.

Re teh tweet, is there any chance he was combining the booing of Raph, Milney and the backwards kicking into 1 complaint.

The booing of Milne was very obvious on teh tv - from his first kick.

Similarly, but not quite as bad, the booing of Roo by the NM fans.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Never mind that Gram is not charged with anything - Lovett's lawyer will get stuck into him and try and make him out to be akin to an 'axe-murderer' if it helps the Lovett case.

Dont know about axe murderer, but Gram can certainly butcher the ball like no other.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
St Nick

joffaboy wrote:
Mr Magic wrote: Never mind that Gram is not charged with anything - Lovett's lawyer will get stuck into him and try and make him out to be akin to an 'axe-murderer' if it helps the Lovett case.

Dont know about axe murderer, but Gram can certainly butcher the ball like no other.
bulls***, Gram is just out of form. He will be back, don't worry about that.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

St Nick wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

bulls***, Gram is just out of form. He will be back, don't worry about that.
F*ck Off Troll, what would you kow about St.Kilda players?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bergsone
SS Life Member

Didnt see the game,but was surprised he kept his spot after his last game

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Both Gram and Gwilt were defensively good.

Both with the ball were rubbish though.

What has happened to Gwilt of 2010?...as the 2011 cannot get accurately.

You need your backs to set up play....whereas these too set up play for North!!!!

Agianst Noth we got away with it barely.

Against better teams = loss.
Look at Cats game for example...we basically beat them in winning the ball, but then set them up with many soft goals by poor turnovers.

Round 1...poor kick by Blake lsot us the game.
Two games lost toa cpable opponent buy us having too many stupid turnovers.

Teams today are very good at scoring from turnovers.

We have to improve in this regard or will stay as a preender.
I agree about jimmy. Some people actually gave him votes but to me he nearly lost us the game with his kicking which hasnt been great for most of the season. We have a go at Gram but ignore poor disposal by Jimmy which to me was worse than Grammy yesterday. Anyway Grammy will play next week for sure so people will get a chance to see him again.

Batnoe
Club Player

How can people say that Gwilt's kicking has been poor this year?

249 possessions at 84.74 % efficiency that's 211 effective disposals which is 21 possessions a game and only 2 inneffective ones per game

Gram has had 206 possessions at efficiency of 69.42 which is 143 effective disposals Gram on average has 6 ineffective possessions to Gwilt's 2!

Carn Saints
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:How can people say that Gwilt's kicking has been poor this year?

249 possessions at 84.74 % efficiency that's 211 effective disposals which is 21 possessions a game and only 2 inneffective ones per game

Gram has had 206 possessions at efficiency of 69.42 which is 143 effective disposals Gram on average has 6 ineffective possessions to Gwilt's 2!
Stats are rubbish especially for mainly stay at home backman. jimmy would have many basic kicks under no pressure. Even Blake and Zac have very good efficiency when playing back. Gram is a running half back and wing type player. They makes many more errors even the stars. I stick with what I said that Jimmy kicking and decision making hasnt been as good this year and I dont care what stats say.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

He had one poor game kicking wise, very un Gwilt like, but definitely not the case all year plugger.

Yesterday he didn't seem quite right, his kicks were floaty, and a couple of out on the fulls, a bit of slipping over.

I'd actually lean towards him carrying or sustaining a niggle early.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:He had one poor game kicking wise, very un Gwilt like, but definitely not the case all year plugger.

Yesterday he didn't seem quite right, his kicks were floaty, and a couple of out on the fulls, a bit of slipping over.

Definitely hasnt kicked as well this year as last year and decision making hasnt been as good either probably due to being under more pressure this year. And again I dont care what stats say. Eyes is always the best way to watch footy.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:He had one poor game kicking wise, very un Gwilt like, but definitely not the case all year plugger.

Definitely hasnt kicked as well this year as last year and decision making hasnt been as good either probably due to being under more pressure this year. And again I dont care what stats say. Eyes is always the best way to watch footy.
I watch with my eyes, and Gwilt most weeks get the hospital handpass and still manages most times to hit up a target or kick to space resulting in a throw in.

Yesterday he appeared more off than under pressure.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Definitely hasnt kicked as well this year as last year and decision making hasnt been as good either probably due to being under more pressure this year. And again I dont care what stats say. Eyes is always the best way to watch footy.
Agree

Well down on last year both in quality of disposal and actual quality of defense

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

The pace and tackling intensity is increasing every year. Handballs at his toes, imminent tackling, no space to move.

I wouldn't like to be in the back half in today's footy. Give Gwilty some space.

Strangle 'em Saints

Shame on anyone who calls the guy who played better than anyone when mattered most in the 2009 grand final 'soft'.. sure he hasn't found his best form for a while.. but we should support him.. His run and bounce is one of the best parts of his game and possibly some injuries have contributed to his effectiveness in this area.. but he's not old by any means and if he can get back to his best he could be a huge part of our success next year.. after all we are desperate for the run and carry types so i don't think we should get rid of the guy who less than 2 years ago was leading the league in bounces and one of the best run and carrys in the game..

ace
Saintsational Legend

goddardisgod wrote:Blanketed Thomas fairly well, but is fat, lazy and unwilling to commit his body, for an AFL player.

Won't be dropped. If Ross tries the same thing on Rodan, I reckon Grammy won't be back.
I would rather see Baker shut down the Rodent (permanently).

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Strangle 'em Saints wrote:Shame on anyone who calls the guy who played better than anyone when mattered most in the 2009 grand final 'soft'.. sure he hasn't found his best form for a while.. but we should support him.. His run and bounce is one of the best parts of his game and possibly some injuries have contributed to his effectiveness in this area.. but he's not old by any means and if he can get back to his best he could be a huge part of our success next year.. after all we are desperate for the run and carry types so i don't think we should get rid of the guy who less than 2 years ago was leading the league in bounces and one of the best run and carrys in the game..
The problem with Gram's run and carry style is that it is of less use than it used to be with the press, rolling zones etc. Pinpoint kicking is of more use.

and especially of no use when you have 18 players behind the ball. :(
Last edited by SaintPav on Tue 05 Jul 2011 11:16am, edited 1 time in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:he has as much right.....(.no he has ten times more right)...to voice an opinion as(than) the rest of us....
hmmm...Interesting take there, Stinger. I reckon our rights are equal to Gram's. He might be more informed than most, if not all, on here but his rights are no more important than anyone elses.

Saints43
Club Player

Re: Gram

stinger wrote:disagree....he did his job...
But surely that's not his job. It's a dumbed down job he's been given to do because he can't perform his own.

He was the company accountant pushing the tea trolley around because he's been getting his sums wrong.

groupie1
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Batnoe wrote:How can people say that Gwilt's kicking has been poor this year?

Stats are rubbish especially for mainly stay at home backman. jimmy would have many basic kicks under no pressure. Even Blake and Zac have very good efficiency when playing back. Gram is a running half back and wing type player. They makes many more errors even the stars. I stick with what I said that Jimmy kicking and decision making hasnt been as good this year and I dont care what stats say.
"I don't care what the evidence says, I'm sticking to what I choose to think."

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:Definitely hasnt kicked as well this year as last year and decision making hasnt been as good either probably due to being under more pressure this year. And again I dont care what stats say. Eyes is always the best way to watch footy.
Stats are useful because every pair of eyes sees differently. Funny but true.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
spert
Saintsational Legend

Yep -North really piled on the goals due to our poor backline including Gwilt and Gram, and Zac who gets 10 kicked on him every week. I reckon if anyone wants to get picky about players.. start looking at the players in the forward line, as thats where we have a big problem.

PJ
SS Life Member

I'd really like to see Grammy try to hit up targets in mid range rather than go for the long target. He might have more success with accuracy.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

spert wrote:I reckon if anyone wants to get picky about players.. start looking at the players in the forward line, as thats where we have a big problem.
Eh? The problem with the forward line is the pill isn't getting supplied to them often enough or accurately enough.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."