Time for RL to change or leave !

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: You guys relly are key board cowards aren't you!

WinnersOnly wrote:You guys really are a pack of key board cowards aren't you! You all wait like a pack if pathetic hyenas for a poster to add someting that one of you mighten agree with and pounce like the heros you trully are.

How about one of you coming up with some constructive thoughts - no you woudln't have the balls one of your so called pack might turn on you!

Medication not working?
WinnersOnly wrote:If you honesltly believe the way the SAINTS played today is going to take us anywhere then we are in trouble....

Yes winning is terrible. I'm with you, would rather lose every game but look good, than win and not live up to your expectations :roll:

Are you terry Wallace by any chance.

really mate you OP was garbage pure and simple. You must be a sad bastard if you cant enjoy it when your team wins :roll:

I mean really, how much of a morose sad sack can you be?

It is really sad actually. Get some help with your self esteem issues.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

The inability to score has cost us two premierships.

We still haven't addressed that.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:
InkerSaint wrote:Gold :lol: :lol: :lol:

We already have one hero who is Ross Lyon's personal internet coaching advisor, and this fruit loop apparently has the board's ear.

Nothing like a bit of patchy form to bring out mental health issues in the supporter base. :shock:
You guys really are a pack of key board cowards aren't you! You all wait like a pack if pathetic hyenas for a poster to add someting that one of you mighten agree with and pounce like the heros you trully are.

How about one of you coming up with some constructive thoughts - no you woudln't have the balls one of your so called pack might turn on you!

If you honesltly believe the way the SAINTS played today is going to take us anywhere then we are in trouble....
That is the thing, i doubt many if any have said that but we did win and yes there are still some issues. However you say things like Gram was disgraceful. Well Thomas didnt kick a goal and is either first or second on their goal kicking list this year. Then you have a go at dawson. Petrie kicked 2 and was hardly sighted after quarter time. Yes he got help but so does every full back against players in form. Also you have a go at how we played in the second half. Well maybe the side was stuffed or maybe we are mentally finding it hard to attack for 4 quarters. You, me or anyone on here has no idea what RL said at three quarter time. As for people ganging up on you, well maybe they just disagree with you.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:The inability to score has cost us two premierships.

We still haven't addressed that.
who cares, i reckon you get a better class of tucker at the GF's.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

WO the players were CLEARLY fatigued - several ayers looked like they might pass out - something which all sides off the bye have experienced to various degrees.

We had no run in our legs with which to attack.

We played on gut courage.

IMO.

So up your arse with your childish predictable tirade.

I reckon we fought like f*** for a much needed win.

Lynch was good. Roo found spark. Bj was ace. Armo was a bull. Steven again impressed. Peake was again very effective and worthy of the most improved tag.

Sure there was some s***, but they worked hard to make sure the s*** didn't stick.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

WinnersOnly wrote:

We already have one hero who is Ross Lyon's personal internet coaching advisor, and this fruit loop apparently has the board's ear.

Nothing like a bit of patchy form to bring out mental health issues in the supporter base. :shock:
You guys really are a pack of key board cowards aren't you! You all wait like a pack if pathetic hyenas for a poster to add someting that one of you mighten agree with and pounce like the heros you trully are.

If you honesltly believe the way the SAINTS played today is going to take us anywhere then we are in trouble....
Cowards?

I'm happy to go toe-to-toe with you.

Perhaps you can explain what you mean by:
Ross LYON this year is your water shed year at the SAINTS, it is time your make some major changes to your footballing philosophies or hand it on to someone who will !
Your OP is not a discussion opener but a diatribe, which is getting exactly the responses it deserves.
Last edited by InkerSaint on Sun 03 Jul 2011 10:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Bj was ace.
Wasn't he, went back to kicking more than handballing, was precision like.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Finally ...

SainterK wrote:Ok I'll respond.

How about North in the last, we weren't just running around without an opposition?

How did you suggest the Saints counteract the fact that they got the ascendency?

It wasn't Dal, Joey, Steven, Armo that pushed back, they were still in the middle, just North lifted and started smashing us in the clearances.

Smart footy is recognising that, and trying to limit the damage.

What was the alternative?
North got the ascendancy because RL at 3/4 time went into lock down mode. He did not back his team to play attacking football and win game of their own initiative. He would rather win it by defensivley by locking the game down. This causes our players to go into their shells and no one is prepared to take the game on. This hands the opposition the momentum and causes untold pressure on our defensive line.

Against the better 2011 teams we have been found wanting badly when attempting to lock the games down and have been over run badly. The 2011 SAINTS need to back their aibilities and run, attack the opposition not go into their shells.
Last edited by WinnersOnly on Sun 03 Jul 2011 10:11pm, edited 2 times in total.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:Look, I'm always glad to win, but here are some interesting stats from the game.

We had 108 uncontested marks to 38.

We had 106 short kicks to 42.

We had 261 uncontested possessions to 155,

Yet somehow North won the inside 50s by 53-47.

And we won by 9 points, not scoring after the 13-minute mark of the third quarter. Should have won by five to 10 goals with that sort of dominance of the stats.

Obviously we had a lot more of the ball, but our reluctance to take any sort of risks and move the ball quickly ... even if it means kicking to a contest ... is an issue.
Did you like Rooy deeper today and Lynch forward?

I'd have liked it better if Riewoldt could do a bit more damage on the scoreboard.

Should have won by 5-10 goals with that sort of dominance in the stats.

:wink:
Last edited by bigcarl on Sun 03 Jul 2011 10:14pm, edited 2 times in total.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Why are we so tragically fatigued from the bye yet it is a massive bonus to have the week off in the finals to refresh?

FIIK.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Finally ...

WinnersOnly wrote:

How about North in the last, we weren't just running around without an opposition?

How did you suggest the Saints counteract the fact that they got the ascendency?

It wasn't Dal, Joey, Steven, Armo that pushed back, they were still in the middle, just North lifted and started smashing us in the clearances.

North got the ascendancy because RL at 3/4 time went into lock down mode. He did not back his team to play attacking football and win game of their own initiative. He would rather win it by defensivley by locking the game down. This causes our players to go into their shells and no one is prepared to take the game on. This hands the opposition the momentum and causes untold pressure on our defensive line.

Against the better 2011 teams we have been found wanting badly when attempting to lock the games down and have been over run badly. The 2001 SAINTS need to back their aibilities and run, attack the opposition not go into their shells.
How do you attack if your not getting your hands on the ball?

You don't give North enough respect, IMO. We did very well to hold them off for so long, but Harvey, Swallow etc were always going to lift.

How exactly do our mids 'choose' to lock down exactly, do they sit on their backsides at the centre bounce?

They lifted, we made changes accordingly to lessen the damage.

Goldstein especially upped his hitouts in the last, they had good service for a quarter.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

InkerSaint wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:

Cowards?

I'm happy to go toe-to-toe with you.

Perhaps you can explain what you mean by:
Ross LYON this year is your water shed year at the SAINTS, it is time your make some major changes to your footballing philosophies or hand it on to someone who will !
Your OP is not a discussion opener but a diatribe, which is getting exactly the responses it deserves.
INKER you have a date!

My post is some constructive thoughts caused by a frustration in certain individuals not contributing how they should and our coaches not having the team play a game style that might just win us a flag.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:WO the players were CLEARLY fatigued - several ayers looked like they might pass out - something which all sides off the bye have experienced to various degrees.

We had no run in our legs with which to attack.

We played on gut courage.

IMO.

So up your arse with your childish predictable tirade.

I reckon we fought like f*** for a much needed win.

Lynch was good. Roo found spark. Bj was ace. Armo was a bull. Steven again impressed. Peake was again very effective and worthy of the most improved tag.

Sure there was some s***, but they worked hard to make sure the s*** didn't stick.
+1

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

WinnersOnly wrote:INKER you have a date!
LOL, yes anything to distract from your pathetic OP!

Still waiting for you to explain your club board connections and plan to hold Lyon's inept coaching to account.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
defacto
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:I need an IP tracking device and a baseball bat.
very underated post.

people calling for lyons head are disgraceful. replace him with who? robert harvey the guy isnt exactly burning the house down as an assistant, making him the senior coach would bring us back to the days of blight/tim watson.

Cro
Club Player

So blame Dawson for needing the team to help him out against one of the best contested marks in the game?

You reckon Collingwood or Geelong would have played Petrie one on one all night? What a joke.

I'm no Gram fan, but I don't remember Thomas doing anything to help his side win the game.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Iceman234 wrote:Why are we so tragically fatigued from the bye yet it is a massive bonus to have the week off in the finals to refresh?

FIIK.
Not sure, i suspect the bye lulls players into a holiday mode while the prelim break has you in this state of suspened excitement.

Well, we broke this so called bye hoodoo again.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:IMO Ross LYON has gone as far as he is going to go with his defensive lock down game style. If he is not prepared to change and bring some kids through who can play attacking football then it is time for him to go! Granted he did a wonderful job with the players he had, but now it is time to take a gamble and build another team of highly skilled players who can contribute offensively to the team as well as defensively. Players who can hold their own without 2 or 3 team mates having to help them out. 

I have never felt so poorly after a SAINTS win - than I have tonight. What a shallow and pointless victory in ended as. Locking down the game for the whole last quarter was absolutley disgraceful. What does making the finals acheive if the teams game style does not improve. They will get spanked by the better teams playing like they did tonight. 

This negative game style and RL's insistance upon playing players with major flaws in there game will be his undoing as the SAINTS coach!

Gram was disgraceful! He has to be the softest player in the AFL. He was outbodied and out attacked at the footy by Lindsay Thomas who couldn't win a hard ball against a junior side. Gram is lazy and doesn't work hard enough to pressure his opponent and his kicking skills are abysmal! Yet RL still plays him which is bullshyte! 

Dawson is another who without the assstance of half the back line would have 10 goals kicked on him each week. The guy simply does not have any footballing nous what so ever. When he does win the ball he is like a 'rabbit in the spot light' who freezes and then handballs to a team mate and puts them under more pressure than he is. Dawson is a major weak link in our back line and needs to change. 

Reiwoldt's inability in front of goal is affecting the whole team.  For heavens sake RL take some pressure of him and play some other key forwards. Gamble & Armitage are not the answer and neither is Kosi. But RL will slot him straight back at FF next week - piss weak SAINTS ! 

Armitage where has he gone. He spends most of the game rotting in the forward line. I cant believe Gilbert still cant hit a target 20 metres away, he kicking is a liability down back, teach him to play forward or trade him. 

Until we encourage our mids to take the game on when we win the ball at stoppages, we will never make up ground on the better teams. This habit of handballing backwards to stationary players in no better position is like a cancer going through the team. The better teams know this and go to the ball receivers as they know few of the SIANTS players have the ability to take off and hurt them by foot. They just wait and pick off the ball receiver (Goddard or Dal Santo) at their leisure and then charge forward as all our players are stationary.  

Are you having a laugh?

Is he having a laugh?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:Why are we so tragically fatigued from the bye yet it is a massive bonus to have the week off in the finals to refresh?

FIIK.
I don't compare Rd 12 with Preliminary Finals.

Training loads are significantly different.

Besides, you were obviously watching the game. Do you disagree that players were battling?

They were out on their feet. Milne, Schneider, Riewoldt (yes he of the massive motor), Fisher, Steven, Peake (yes he of the extraordinary fitness levels), Dawson, and McEvoy were all at various times absolutely smoked. Now a couple of those guys I'd agree always look a bit underdone, but most are out and out running machines.

There's something in the bye week off. It has an affect. Proof's in post bye results. We are one of the few clubs to succeed post bye.

Did I say 'succeed'? We did win didn't we? Against that side on the rise, the one above us on the ladder, the one playing for eighth?

Oh. That's right. It's FASHIONABLE to know more than the coaching staff.

DROP THEM ALL. INEPT! TRAGICALLY s***! GET RID OF THEM ALL NOW!

I"D RATHER PLAY THE KIDS, LOSE BY 90 EVERY WEEK AND SHORE UP THE FUTURE OF OUR LTI LIST BY FILLING HALF OF IT WITH 18 YEAR OLD OP CASES!!!

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
St Nick

WinnersOnly wrote:

Don't waste your breath WinnersOnly. If you say anything that Joffaboy doesn't agree with you will most probably get banned.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

St Nick wrote:[Don't waste your breath WinnersOnly. If you say anything that Joffaboy doesn't agree with you will most probably get banned.
WinnersOnly wont get banned, he/she is an out an out St.Kilda supporter. I completely disagree with his OP but he is entitled to his deluded opionion.

You, OTOH, are an out and out troll. You are Nexus_Nick, also known as Nexus_Helen, on bigfooty, DDC City West, and numerous other nics that have been banned from here and bigfooty.

You have admitted to being an Essendon supporter and a troll on here before.

Your opinion is worthless and everyone here has woken up to the fact.

WinnersOnly will not be banned and I would go into bat for a Saints supporter.

As for you, I will call you on your trolling. And please this time once you are banned, please dont PM me begging for my help to be allowed back on to bigfooty or saintsational.

What you need is medical help for your obvious personality disorder.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote: Image
Are you having a laugh?

Is he having a laugh?
The wig...glasses....catchphrase - brilliant!

St Nick

joffaboy wrote:
St Nick wrote:[Don't waste your breath WinnersOnly. If you say anything that Joffaboy doesn't agree with you will most probably get banned.
WinnersOnly wont get banned, he/she is an out an out St.Kilda supporter. I completely disagree with his OP but he is entitled to his deluded opionion.

You, OTOH, are an out and out troll. You are Nexus_Nick, also known as Nexus_Helen, on bigfooty, DDC City West, and numerous other nics that have been banned from here and bigfooty.

You have admitted to being an Essendon supporter and a troll on here before.

Your opinion is worthless and everyone here has woken up to the fact.

WinnersOnly will not be banned and I would go into bat for a Saints supporter.

As for you, I will call you on your trolling. And please this time once you are banned, please dont PM me begging for my help to be allowed back on to bigfooty or saintsational.

What you need is medical help for your obvious personality disorder.
You need help Joffa.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

WinnersOnly wrote:

Against the better 2011 teams we have been found wanting badly when attempting to lock the games down and have been over run badly. The 2011 SAINTS need to back their aibilities and run, attack the opposition not go into their shells.
Here here.
All those lining up to bag him who seemingly think just winning is all that matters in games like that is kidding themselves. They all would have been the same ones who defended Lyon to the hilt in the past couple of years when some were critical of how defensive we were, but ultimately what did it get us?
What do we have to show for it? I'm sure many will now line up to tell me how "close" we got, as if getting close is what we were all aiming for, but that just sums the "loser culture" of this club up perfectly. This is why we don't win premierships, because so many at this club think getting "close" equals success. And when you're happy to settle for that, it's no wonder we don't win flags, as teams who really are successful don't settle for anything less than the best and eventually push us aside (1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010 anyone?).
We've now been well and truly worked out and as WO said, the better teams have generally run all over us this year, playing the way we did yesterday and will continue to do so if we happen to make the finals, playing that way. I mean North almost did yesterday, at our favourite ground and they're a long way off the best teams. North were on a winning roll, but who did they beat during that time? The likes of Port Adelaide, Gold Coast, Essendon when they were in their slump, etc. Big deal. They were nothing but a middle of the road team. We are miles off it.
At least WO is looking at the big picture, not just desperately craving every little win, as though it's the only thing that gives meaning to his life.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Austinnn
Club Player

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:

Here here.
All those lining up to bag him who seemingly think just winning is all that matters in games like that is kidding themselves. They all would have been the same ones who defended Lyon to the hilt in the past couple of years when some were critical of how defensive we were, but ultimately what did it get us?
What do we have to show for it? I'm sure many will now line up to tell me how "close" we got, as if getting close is what we were all aiming for, but that just sums the "loser culture" of this club up perfectly. This is why we don't win premierships, because so many at this club think getting "close" equals success. And when you're happy to settle for that, it's no wonder we don't win flags, as teams who really are successful don't settle for anything less than the best and eventually push us aside (1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010 anyone?).
We've now been well and truly worked out and as WO said, the better teams have generally run all over us this year, playing the way we did yesterday and will continue to do so if we happen to make the finals, playing that way. I mean North almost did yesterday, at our favourite ground and they're a long way off the best teams. North were on a winning roll, but who did they beat during that time? The likes of Port Adelaide, Gold Coast, Essendon when they were in their slump, etc. Big deal. They were nothing but a middle of the road team. We are miles off it.
At least WO is looking at the big picture, not just desperately craving every little win, as though it's the only thing that gives meaning to his life.
I can see both sides of this debate, at the moment I am happy just to get a few wins on the board any way we can, as so much is about confidence and wins bring confidence...

However, I think that for the long-term we need to re-work what we do going forward. If enough people think that we play boring football, the club owes it to the supporters to change. If we become more inspiring, the support at the ground will increase and in turn be more inspired and ferocious, that in turn will inspire the players. The inspiration has to come from somewhere though.

Not easy. Not impossible.

We've done it before and we'll do it again with Ross. Our midfield was fast and precice and space was found 1.5 seasons ago, we set the pace. Now the pace has increased. Lenny is a big pacesetter, and with him and Ball gone, and Ray, Gram, Dal and Montagna naturally more outside players, we've only got the emerging Steven doing the gruntwork. This means our delivery into our forward zone is not as clean or fast, which is how we've been neutralised in attack.

He is trying new options in the forward zone; he took a Gamble that hasn't paid off yet, Stanley has turned out to be a blunt tool, Johnson, Sippos and Lynch have had a go, Armo and Gilbert have been put there, McEvoy and Kosi go down there. If Roo had kicked for goal more accurately and if Schneider and Kosi had had decent starts to the year, If we had had Lynch or someone similar offer that med-sized threat all season, Roo wouldn't have been over-relied upon/triple-teamed. Also, the game has changed, and our recruiting was for a different type of forward. It's all about contested marks now, and we are paying the price for not finding a replacement for Gehrig or Hammil Quick enough.

Looking forward, I think we'll get more attacking as our skills improve, but it's good to have more than one game plan in your locker, and be able to do gritty wins too.

I don't think I'm making sense.

BOTTOM LINE: short term, any win is ok; we need more clearance specialists and tall key position players long term, in the meantime the transition might be a bit bumpy.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone