Brett Peake

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Great running and very creative - put together a few strong games - well done Peake 8-)
That free kick against him on the Dockland wing was a joke....

Stand your ground :shock:
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

faircatfan wrote:Players like peake do not improve. The opposition deteriorates faster than players like Peake do, hence he "looks better". IMHO
A bit harsh. There was a time when under no pressure at all he would just kick the ball 40m high in to the air for no apparent reason whenever he got it. Now he tries to hit a target and mostly does. That has to be a genuine improvement in his own game.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

faircatfan wrote:Players like peake do not improve. The opposition deteriorates faster than players like Peake do, hence he "looks better". IMHO
What an incredibly stupid statement.

So players dont work on their skills to improve, they all just play from natural talent :roll:

Actually your statement, re-read isn't just stupid it is ludicrious.

It assumes "the opposition" is some sort of homogenious mass that doesn't change from week to week, or deterioates during a game in linear fashion.

My god, the intellect of some posters defies belief. Its breadth of thoughlessness knows very little bounds.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
What an incredibly stupid statement.

So players dont work on their skills to improve, they all just play from natural talent :roll:

Actually your statement, re-read isn't just stupid it is ludicrious.

It assumes "the opposition" is some sort of homogenious mass that doesn't change from week to week, or deterioates during a game in linear fashion.

My god, the intellect of some posters defies belief. Its breadth of thoughlessness knows very little bounds.
JB you posted what I was thinking but didn't post because I doubt I've ever read something so nonsensical so didn't think it warranted attention.

(Geez there's a sentence for the grammar nazi...)

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

One of the consistently well performed players this year. I thought it was harsh to drop him, but he has come back and played well.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I always liked the run of Peake, but deplored his kicking.

It's been great to watch how he has picked himself up and is now a key link-man for us. He has obvoiously workd ahrd on his kicking and lowereed his eyes., kicking directed kicks into the forward line.

His gut running has been very imnpressive, as has his attack on the ball.

keep up the good work Peakey. :lol:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:I always liked the run of Peake, but deplored his kicking.

It's been great to watch how he has picked himself up and is now a key link-man for us. He has obvoiously workd ahrd on his kicking and lowereed his eyes., kicking directed kicks into the forward line.

His gut running has been very imnpressive, as has his attack on the ball.

keep up the good work Peakey. :lol:
hear hear!

Leo.J
SS Life Member

?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Brett Peake deserves the praise he's getting because, ruckman aside, there's not too many players who show significant improvement at his age (28 tomorrow - Happy Birthday Peakey :))

Has to keep it going of course but so far he's playing far better than any of us could have expected. Well done Brett!

savatage
SS Life Member

Possibly one of the dumbest statements I've read on Saintsational & I've read a lot of dumb s*** here.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:
Possibly one of the dumbest statements I've read on Saintsational & I've read a lot of dumb s*** here.
Well we have been blessed in the last 24 hours.

A post that's ridiculous, even by world standards.

And a thread entitled:

"Time for RL to change or leave !"

When I was a lot younger I would sometimes pick up Sydney talkback on the radio late at night. A favorite was John Pearce on 2GB. He had an expression that he would use on those nights when the "loonies" would ring through. He'd say: "It must be low tide in the Parramatta"

Well, it certainly must be low tide somewhere right now :roll:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

That is an especially dumb comment especially considering the way Peake has played in his last three games against your mob.

If you're going to come on here, you should at least have something half intelligent to say.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
faircatfan
Club Player

So his left side has improved has it?. Just look at the standard of the game, its generally terrible. It makes complete sense if you play to the same standard and the general standard of the game falls away "faster".
I know he played ok against us in the past 2 matches in particular. If you really think Peake will take you forward, then i disagree with that entirely.

jackson browne
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

faircatfan wrote:So his left side has improved has it?. Just look at the standard of the game, its generally terrible. It makes complete sense if you play to the same standard and the general standard of the game falls away "faster".
I know he played ok against us in the past 2 matches in particular. If you really think Peake will take you forward, then i disagree with that entirely.
I think the general thrust of the thread was that he had improved, significantly, on what he had shown in 2010.

That's all.

Really no need to bring the thread down with your negative comments.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

faircatfan wrote:So his left side has improved has it?. Just look at the standard of the game, its generally terrible. It makes complete sense if you play to the same standard and the general standard of the game falls away "faster".
He's better that that little receiver called Cameron Cokes.

faircatfan
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
Disagree, but interesting comparison

jackson browne
faircatfan
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
I think the general thrust of the thread was that he had improved, significantly, on what he had shown in 2010.

That's all.

Really no need to bring the thread down with your negative comments.
fair call.

jackson browne
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
savatage wrote:
Well we have been blessed in the last 24 hours.

A post that's ridiculous, even by world standards.

And a thread entitled:

"Time for RL to change or leave !"

When I was a lot younger I would sometimes pick up Sydney talkback on the radio late at night. A favorite was John Pearce on 2GB. He had an expression that he would use on those nights when the "loonies" would ring through. He'd say: "It must be low tide in the Parramatta"

Well, it certainly must be low tide somewhere right now :roll:
as a latter night commentator said last night- ' my show is proof that drinking goes on at all hours of weekends"

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I assume you are a cat fan ? and not a saints fan?

maybe a moderator could do as they have done on another opposition member of the forum and put ' opposition fan' as your status.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

And just in case people missed my earlier post:
Dr Spaceman wrote:Brett Peake deserves the praise he's getting because, ruckman aside, there's not too many players who show significant improvement at his age (28 tomorrow - Happy Birthday Peakey :))

Has to keep it going of course but so far he's playing far better than any of us could have expected. Well done Brett!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:

maybe a moderator could do as they have done on another opposition member of the forum and put ' opposition fan' as your status.
Don't other club's have forums?

There seems to be a lot of weirdo lurkers these days.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:And just in case people missed my earlier post:
Dr Spaceman wrote:Brett Peake deserves the praise he's getting because, ruckman aside, there's not too many players who show significant improvement at his age (28 tomorrow - Happy Birthday Peakey :))

he has a twin at the club who is several years older.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
faircatfan
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:

Fine by me. Of course i am a member of a cats website, but even on there providing the input isnt put there as a snide nasty baiting post, then i think it healthy to here other points of view.

jackson browne
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:And just in case people missed my earlier post:

he has a twin at the club who is several years older.
Twin Peakes :shock:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

faircatfan wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Disagree, but interesting comparison
He reminds me of Carlton. He's a soft track bully and goes missing in the big games or when it counts. Can't remember him doing well in a big game or final. Could be wrong.