riewoldt in trouble over knee

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I was watching that episode closely for a few minutes. Hansen was "into" Rooey all the time, including kneeing Rooey in the back of the leg (around the hamstring area). It was aggressive, rather than niggling stuff. Rooey gave very little back IMO.

I thought that the umpire was telling Hansen to cut it out, not the other way around. From a reporting viewpoint - nothing in it.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:I was watching that episode closely for a few minutes. Hansen was "into" Rooey all the time, including kneeing Rooey in the back of the leg (around the hamstring area). It was aggressive, rather than niggling stuff. Rooey gave very little back IMO.

I thought that the umpire was telling Hansen to cut it out, not the other way around. From a reporting viewpoint - nothing in it.
I reckon 50 points or something - reprimand. no force and no impact and not high.

In the unlikely event Rooey got a week - would Cahill be any shot as a dark-horse "shock" inclusion?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Junction Oval wrote:I was watching that episode closely for a few minutes. Hansen was "into" Rooey all the time, including kneeing Rooey in the back of the leg (around the hamstring area). It was aggressive, rather than niggling stuff. Rooey gave very little back IMO.

I reckon 50 points or something - reprimand. no force and no impact and not high.

In the unlikely event Rooey got a week - would Cahill be any shot as a dark-horse "shock" inclusion?
Coming off 1 goal in 1 senior VFL game, following a lengthy absence through injury and an unimpressive first couple of years at the club, I'd say........... NO!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Coming off 1 goal in 1 senior VFL game, following a lengthy absence through injury and an unimpressive first couple of years at the club, I'd say........... NO!
Well thats why it would be a "shock".

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Pfft. Waite can kick players in the balls every second week and get off.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Barry got quite a bit of sympathy from the MRP when he head locked Scott Thompson, because he was being niggled.