I don't care that we won, as far as I'm concerned......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Riewoldt said on post-game radio that "It certainly wasn't by design" that they didn't kick any goals in the last quarter and that "they went out in the last quarter trying to score and put more scoreboard pressure on them (north melb.)"

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

hungry for a premiership wrote:Riewoldt said on post-game radio that "It certainly wasn't by design" that they didn't kick any goals in the last quarter and that "they went out in the last quarter trying to score and put more scoreboard pressure on them (north melb.)"
Another liar.

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Excuse me plugger66?

You calling me a liar? Listen to the 9pm 1116 SEN bulletin that just went to air.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

hungry for a premiership wrote:Excuse me plugger66?

You calling me a liar? Listen to the 9pm 1116 SEN bulletin that just went to air.
Not you. Rooy obviously lied as people on here have told me that we went completely defensive. They know more than Rooy. He is a liar and I will not take that back.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Not you. Rooy obviously lied as people on here have told me that we went completely defensive. They know more than Rooy. He is a liar and I will not take that back.
So we were attacking then and tried to take the game on in the last did we?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

No we obviously didnt but my point is we have no idea what RL said. I am guessing though that he never said do not score. More than likely is our players got nervous because we have lost confidence because of our poor form this year.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

No we obviously didnt but my point is we have no idea what RL said. I am guessing though that he never said do not score. More than likely is our players got nervous because we have lost confidence because of our poor form this year.
yep. ability and running power might have something to do with it as well.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

What was rooey doing spending five minutes 20m out from their goal.....was that by mistake.....did he get lost??

Or was he shoring up the defense....with bj, sam, ray, ben....aswell as gram, dawson, gilbert, gwilt, polo

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:What was rooey doing spending five minutes 20m out from their goal.....was that by mistake.....did he get lost??

Or was he shoring up the defense....with bj, sam, ray, ben....aswell as gram, dawson, gilbert, gwilt, polo
Players like Riewoldt have on field licence = Goddards said this before.

The last qtr was played in Nths half. We had stopped running clearly.

Do you honestly think Lyon said "dont worry bout scoring for the last 25minutes.....just hold them out"

FFS we went into our shell and didnt have the legs to break lines and attack like in qtr 2. We also saw our "super skills" surface and turn the ball over directly often.

Its not ALL a coaches box "flick of the switch" FFS.

“Yeah….nah””
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Re: I don't care that we won, as far as I'm concerned......

St Nick wrote:Lyon should be ashamed of himself. That last quarter has to go down as one of the most gutless quarters in the history of the game. Why the hell should I pay money to see that? Lyon has brought the St Kilda football club into disrepute. :evil: :evil: If I want to go and watch uncontested keepings off I will go and watch soccer or basketball. As far as I'm aware, football was a contact sport. FFS, after the second quarter I thought we had finally turned the corner. How stupid was I??
Does this site have THE most trolls from other clubs on it, trying to stir up trouble? this guy has had his 15 minutes of fame.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
St Nick

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
St Nick wrote:Lyon should be ashamed of himself. That last quarter has to go down as one of the most gutless quarters in the history of the game. Why the hell should I pay money to see that? Lyon has brought the St Kilda football club into disrepute. :evil: :evil: If I want to go and watch uncontested keepings off I will go and watch soccer or basketball. As far as I'm aware, football was a contact sport. FFS, after the second quarter I thought we had finally turned the corner. How stupid was I??
Does this site have THE most trolls from other clubs on it, trying to stir up trouble? this guy has had his 15 minutes of fame.
I stand by my above comment. And to Mr. Joffaboy, I am not a troll. I love the Saints and have barracked for them all my life. This however doesn't mean that I have to blindly agree with everything they do. Yesterday's last quarter was gutless and it would have been better for our club as a whole to have lost and learnt a valuble lesson IMHO.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Stand on whatever you like. You're still a troll and should just piss off and die in a hole as soon as possible.

St Nick

St DAC wrote:Stand on whatever you like. You're still a troll and should just piss off and die in a hole as soon as possible.
Thanks very much St Dac.

goddardisgod
Club Player

Did you even listen to Lyons talk after the game?

He wanted to keep pressing, but the players were tired, Clarke was brought on to attack, which he did.

We should have had at least 3 shots on goal, especially the McEvoy Mark.

We broke the bye hoodoo, the guns are back in form, the kids performed well, WTF do you want?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

St Nick wrote:[I stand by my above comment. And to Mr. Joffaboy, I am not a troll.
No you are a troll Nexus_Nick, you have admitted to being an Essendon supporter in the past, went to bigfooty as Nexus_Helen, trolled the Saints board until banned and are now back here.

Your modis operandi is transparent, you dont even have the brains to change your trolling style (unlike one or two other, more intelligent trolls on here).

You are an out an out troll with no finesse or panache.

You will be banned once more soon enough.

Look at this thread, everyone has called you on it.

Clown.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

goddardisgod wrote:Did you even listen to Lyons talk after the game?

He wanted to keep pressing, but the players were tired, Clarke was brought on to attack, which he did.

We should have had at least 3 shots on goal, especially the McEvoy Mark.

We broke the bye hoodoo, the guns are back in form, the kids performed well, WTF do you want?
Good lord, careful what you say, you'll be torn to ribbons by people who have direct lines to the board or delusions of coaching grandeur (even if they struggle to get a gig coaching the 14B's at some tin pot school in the back blocks of Bumf*ck, Idaho)...

I will add that rarely - if ever - will you see a side put in so much effort for so little reward (ie our third quarter)

And I will also say this: If bloody McEvoy doesn't TAKE THE FREAKIN' SHOT from here on, I'll fair dinkum spew up... :D

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Good lord, careful what you say, you'll be torn to ribbons by people who have direct lines to the board or delusions of coaching grandeur (even if they struggle to get a gig coaching the 14B's at some tin pot school in the back blocks of Bumf*ck, Idaho)...
lol - Bumf*ck Idaho, a Bill Bryson fan I see...perfect description though :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
St Nick

joffaboy wrote:
St Nick wrote:[I stand by my above comment. And to Mr. Joffaboy, I am not a troll.
No you are a troll Nexus_Nick, you have admitted to being an Essendon supporter in the past, went to bigfooty as Nexus_Helen, trolled the Saints board until banned and are now back here.

Your modis operandi is transparent, you dont even have the brains to change your trolling style (unlike one or two other, more intelligent trolls on here).

Clown.
You have no idea.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

St Nick wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Clown.
You have no idea.
96 posts 85 of which are spent defending the indefensible.

You're freakin' weird.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

St Nick wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Clown.
You have no idea.
Oh yes I do fkn TROLL

Lance or James??

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote: And I will also say this: If bloody McEvoy doesn't TAKE THE FREAKIN' SHOT from here on, I'll fair dinkum spew up... :D
It's interesting isn't it.

That was a perfect example of a guy not quite 100% confortable with the new game plan.

They've all obviously been told to play on at every chance - but clearly that was one instance where I'd doubt the rule applied! Very similar to the Jason Blake one in R1 which cost us the game.

St Nick

joffaboy wrote:
St Nick wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Clown.
You have no idea.
Oh yes I do fkn TROLL
I reckon you're a good bloke dreaming that you're an evil bloke.

Furphy
Club Player

Well, I care that we won. When the final siren blows, having a higher score than the opposition matters big time! :D

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:It's interesting isn't it.

That was a perfect example of a guy not quite 100% confortable with the new game plan.

They've all obviously been told to play on at every chance - but clearly that was one instance where I'd doubt the rule applied! Very similar to the Jason Blake one in R1 which cost us the game.
I reckon it was a perfect example of a guy that rucked entirely on his own, and was stuffed.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

St Nick wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
St Nick wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Clown.
You have no idea.
Oh yes I do fkn TROLL
I reckon you're a good bloke dreaming that you're an evil bloke.
He's a good bloke and you're a f--ked up troll with a serious venereal disease. F--k off you diseased ridden troll.