MATCH THREAD

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Lyon made the point it was our disposal coming out of the backline in the last qtr that caused the issues.

Said Mac had two opportunities and Armo one opportunity through marks to have shots at goal but gave off and it didn't work.

Said the players were running out of legs coming off the bye.

But I suppose some on here jknow more than the coach and he said at 3/4 time, "guys you are beating them by playing attacking football, I want you to try not to score in the last qtr and just defend"

Fair Dinkum some people are morons :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:I'm nervously hopeful.

I see us on an upward spiral. A little scratch of confidence, a few points, a bit of percentage etc.
You've been around long enough Dan to know when we aren't up to scratch...the finals will embarrass us atm.
I'd hope we are increasing in form, and this is on the path.

we played a good 1/2 against collingwood and geelong before breaking down.

if we can lift that to a good game....

geelong and Collingwood we were competitive with for portions of the game, and both teams hate us.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Lyon made the point it was our disposal coming out of the backline in the last qtr that caused the issues.

Said Mac had two opportunities and Armo one opportunity through marks to have shots at goal but gave off and it didn't work.

But I suppose some on here jknow more than the coach and he said at 3/4 time, "guys you are beating them by playing attacking football, I want you to try not to score in the last qtr and just defend"

You are an idiot. RL said that to save face. i heard his words at three quarter time. He said do not go forward and what ever you do stop them kicking more than one goal.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:I'm nervously hopeful.

I see us on an upward spiral. A little scratch of confidence, a few points, a bit of percentage etc.
You've been around long enough Dan to know when we aren't up to scratch...the finals will embarrass us atm.
I'd hope we are increasing in form, and this is on the path.

we played a good 1/2 against collingwood and geelong before breaking down.

if we can lift that to a good game....

geelong and Collingwood we were competitive with for portions of the game, and both teams hate us.
the same thoughts crossed my mind Dan but when I watch the way the top 3 move the ball, in comparison we make far too many mistakes atm....I hope upon hope you are right ...but.......

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

In a plus firey, our better users are finding form. Goddard kicked a lot more today than he has done, and kicked well, had 3 assists from lining people up inside 50.

Dal was a lovely kick to, he has been kicking a few clangers recently.

Even Peake is getting better.

If they can improve, and we get it into their hands.

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

The only reason Dawson held Petrie to 2 goals was due to Fisher and Gilbert helping out with a double and triple team and North bombing the ball into 50. Dawson is clumsy, weak, and makes foolish mistakes every week, a total liability for mine.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Little Dozer wrote:The only reason Dawson held Petrie to 2 goals was due to Fisher and Gilbert helping out with a double and triple team and North bombing the ball into 50. Dawson is clumsy, weak, and makes foolish mistakes every week, a total liability for mine.
Just as teams do to us every week. Zac is never going to be a star, but Ross was very happy with his game tonight he said, so dont expect him to be dropped next week

saintbob
SS Life Member

Little Dozer wrote:The only reason Dawson held Petrie to 2 goals was due to Fisher and Gilbert helping out with a double and triple team and North bombing the ball into 50. Dawson is clumsy, weak, and makes foolish mistakes every week, a total liability for mine.
Be careful, you'll be criticized by the majority on here for suggesting that Dawson shouldn't be in the side.

You can post on here, only if you conform to the majorities views that no Saints player can EVER be criticized!!!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:In a plus firey, our better users are finding form. Goddard kicked a lot more today than he has done, and kicked well, had 3 assists from lining people up inside 50.

Dal was a lovely kick to, he has been kicking a few clangers recently.

Even Peake is getting better.

If they can improve, and we get it into their hands.
Yep but we still have some who have really gone backwards, Gilbert is still struggling, Roo improved as the night went on but gee...that was scary...no Lenny...Dempster worries me...Polo.... I see the improvements but can't see the side that we had, the one that looked like a contender.
I hate being negative but being a realist is something that has been thrust upon me due to many seasons following this great game.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Lyon made the point it was our disposal coming out of the backline in the last qtr that caused the issues.

You are an idiot. RL said that to save face. i heard his words at three quarter time. He said do not go forward and what ever you do stop them kicking more than one goal.
Haha :lol: ... please use the :sarcasm: emoticon plugger, it's there for a reason.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
felixleo
Club Player

Shags, How did you watch the game, keep this thread going and text me every five minutes?

Are you gonna be the one?