Luke Ball

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

SainterSoul wrote: He isn't just a plodder. He is a essential ingredient to Collingwood's success. Unfortunately, because he was injured throughout the last few years, RL had dim view of what he could provide for the club. Luke Ball, when fit (like now) would be useful to us, or any team for that matter.

He isn't there to do the fancy stuff. He is just there to force it out to their runners, and those with clean disposal, ie. Pendlebury.

It's been discussed ad nauseam already, but I sitll wish we had him.
He actually wasn't injured, had a clean bill of health from 2007 didn't he?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
SainterSoul wrote: He isn't just a plodder. He is a essential ingredient to Collingwood's success. Unfortunately, because he was injured throughout the last few years, RL had dim view of what he could provide for the club. Luke Ball, when fit (like now) would be useful to us, or any team for that matter.

He isn't there to do the fancy stuff. He is just there to force it out to their runners, and those with clean disposal, ie. Pendlebury.

It's been discussed ad nauseam already, but I sitll wish we had him.
He actually wasn't injured, had a clean bill of health from 2007 didn't he?
Yes, but let's face it. An average talent like him was never going to be No. 1 grunt player with Lenny in the side :wink:

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I hate the fact that the H-Sun wheels him out on the front of any article they do about the Pies. It's like they wave him around to spite us (or at least that's what I think :()

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

roo has had a couple of poor seasons - hope we treat him better, or he would walk too.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
SainterSoul
Club Player

SainterK wrote:He actually wasn't injured, had a clean bill of health from 2007 didn't he?
From my understanding OP takes a while to overcome, and his apparent lack of confidence in his recovery probably didn't help.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Anyone think there may be a correlation between our off-field issues and the departure of a leader like Luke Ball?

Collingwood seem very clean cut these days too.

Do you think there could be anything in that?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:Anyone think there may be a correlation between our off-field issues and the departure of a leader like Luke Ball?
Collingwood seem very clean cut these days too. Do you think there could be anything in that?
No. I think our off-field issues have been vastly exaggerated.

Collingwood does well to keep their troubles out of the media, though, I'll give them that.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Well, it wasn't a Saints player in a biffo at a nightclub on the weekend...

BringBackLuke

I think my username says all you need to know about my feelings on the matter...

I still can't believe the ball bounced over Jamie Shanahan's head into Darren Jarman's lap 4 times in one half of footy... kills me...
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

BringBackLuke wrote:I think my username says all you need to know about my feelings on the matter...
You want us to redraft Miles?

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Luke Ball is dead to me.

This comment is purely a figure of speech, and I wish no harm on the treacherous dog.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Thread Locked.

saint tash
Club Player

Bugger. Is it? Who's going to be game enough to start another. Not me siree.

:oops:

Oh when the saints go charging in!
Leo.J
SS Life Member

How about some of the other sh!t stirring threads started by imposters get locked also.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

BringBackLuke wrote:I think my username says all you need to know about my feelings on the matter...
Painful signature, painful. :(

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS BALL BAGS

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Luke Ball has shown his colours with his handling of the pay claims for the AFL players association. The people in charge of this game are sending it into obscurity. Dimmy sold the rights so he could look like he was worth 2 mill, but with footy off free to air he has let down fans and limited it's future growth. Ball and co have been Paul Connored into digging out their share of the money that go into development. The pair of greedy organisations will pick the flesh off the AFL carcass then sit back and wonder where their cash cow went.

But it's ok because they can just charge the fans $120 bucks to go to games and $1800 for membership. They are claiming that it is because overseas athletes get more money. we have a population based around 3 small cities and the rest subsidised by them. The dick heads with their snouts in the trough are screwing AFL.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Gun person, very good footballer......good leader

Pure and simple

And everyone fcuking knows it....

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Whats with all the f-bombs?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

unreal
thread on bally still going strong

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Just getting cranky because some people cant see the actual truth, from what they want to believe to be true....

Some want to see luke fall over, just to vindicate the clubs decision....fact is, every week he makes more of a mockery of it, and it pisses some people off....and then they have to therefore delude themselves in order to accept what occured and believe ot was right....

Why be delusional??

Why not just honest......hell, we have let go even better players (although generally we got something in return)

Accept the fcuk up.....

I wish him all the best.......because i admired the way he played for us
A real warrior at times

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Leo.J
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:Just getting cranky because some people cant see the actual truth, from what they want to believe to be true....

Some want to see luke fall over, just to vindicate the clubs decision....fact is, every week he makes more of a mockery of it, and it pisses some people off....and then they have to therefore delude themselves in order to accept what occured and believe ot was right....

Why be delusional??

Why not just honest......hell, we have let go even better players (although generally we got something in return)

Accept the fcuk up.....

I wish him all the best.......because i admired the way he played for us
A real warrior at times
So do you know something that we don't know?

Because from what I read listened to and seen, he left for money.

He was getting over paid, and under performing at the expense of other players.

If he stayed on the money he was asking, and then someone who deserved the money left, what would we be all saying now?

He might be a good bloke but he left for cash... call me delusional I suppose.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:He was getting over paid, and under performing at the expense of other players.
Correct. He was so far behind Lenny as a midfielder for much of that time that it's not funny.

saint tash
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
Leo.J wrote:He was getting over paid, and under performing at the expense of other players.
Correct. He was so far behind Lenny as a midfielder for much of that time that it's not funny.
Is it about the pecking order is it? Who is better then who?

At Collingwood he probably sits behind Swan and Pendlebury, maybe even Thomas. Think he cares?

He has his role.

Oh when the saints go charging in!