Winmar/Milne

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Thinline wrote:Hawks have Kennett.

There's your answer.

"Media relationship" is such a crock. All the clubs do the same s*** but colour it their own way. At the end of it all they're simply putting up a banner, standing in front of it, and sprouting vanilla.

The media want what sells. Up here it the Suns over the Lions. Down there its Collingwood over everyone. And we all know a Saints scandal goes a long way.

What our head of state does has absolutely nothing to do with it.
I heard more from David Smorgon when the Dogs got done for drinking o/s than I have from Greg in 3 yrs....how do we answer that?

Once again, it is ok for us to SOMETIMES stand up and say we are not happy with the treatment of a player..

When Mguire started the drivel about Krackour - our time as a club was to come out say we are disgusted in the ongoing abuse Stephen Milne cops.

Our silence condones it and its weak IMO.
What good did Smorgon do?

Other than NOTHING that is.

I'd rather we just focused on winning games of footy and a succession plan for our deadwood than trying to win unwinnable media kudos.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

There's your answer.

"Media relationship" is such a crock. All the clubs do the same s*** but colour it their own way. At the end of it all they're simply putting up a banner, standing in front of it, and sprouting vanilla.

The media want what sells. Up here it the Suns over the Lions. Down there its Collingwood over everyone. And we all know a Saints scandal goes a long way.

This is not about marketing our club FFS - its about standing up and not being everybodies @ss clown ALL the time. That comes from the top - the "head of state".

Brayshaw doesnt have a problem flying the flag for Nth when pushed into a cnr over jumper issues???
Smorgon, Kennett, Costa,

Anyone at Seaford?????? - no one home. :roll:

“Yeah….nah””
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

There's your answer.

I heard more from David Smorgon when the Dogs got done for drinking o/s than I have from Greg in 3 yrs....how do we answer that?

Once again, it is ok for us to SOMETIMES stand up and say we are not happy with the treatment of a player..

When Mguire started the drivel about Krackour - our time as a club was to come out say we are disgusted in the ongoing abuse Stephen Milne cops.

Don't necessarily disagree with what you're saying Tef, but truth is it's always difficult to know what the outcome will be.

We've just had the summer from hell. Every media outlet was getting stuck into us. And what happens when Nick tries to take a stand about it? The media just mocks him and goes harder.

Unfortunately there's nothing that gives me confidence that a more vigorous approach from the Prez or the club would give us the result we're looking for.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

There's your answer.

This is not about marketing our club FFS - its about standing up and not being everybodies @ss clown ALL the time. That comes from the top - the "head of state".

Brayshaw doesnt have a problem flying the flag for Nth when pushed into a cnr over jumper issues???
Smorgon, Kennett, Costa,

Costa has flags, Hawks have flags and Kennett.

Smorgon says nothing consequential, does nothing, is nothing in a media sense, and will soon be ousted for it.

St Kilda has a putrid history.

Being a tough guy media lynchpin with opinions will do little to help our list develop so we can win the greatest shut the f*** up ever in a premiership.

Having a mouth at the helm night make you feel all gooey, Teflon. For me it'd just be words.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

There's your answer.

Smorgon, Kennett, Costa,

Smorgon says nothing consequential, does nothing, is nothing in a media sense, and will soon be ousted for it.

Being a tough guy media lynchpin with opinions will do little to help our list develop so we can win the greatest shut the f*** up ever in a premiership.

Having a mouth at the helm night make you feel all gooey, Teflon. For me it'd just be words.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

There's your answer.

Smorgon, Kennett, Costa,

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Teflon wrote:

There's your answer.

What good did Smorgon do?

Other than NOTHING that is.

I'd rather we just focused on winning games of footy and a succession plan for our deadwood than trying to win unwinnable media kudos.

Once again, unwinnable "media kudos" isnt what Im talking about...I think I stated we cant win that.

Reality is we talk about being a "proud" club - yet we allow one of our own players to be weekly labelled a rapist publicly? and when that happens from a Collingwood coach on National TV we do what????

Its ok to standup and demonstrate occasionally that we are a proud club that isnt a pushover and are willing to speak up to protect our own.

Its ok to have some balls at times.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Teflon wrote:

There's your answer.

Smorgon, Kennett, Costa,

Depends how you like your "gooey"

I think its important that on certain issues a club leader is seen PUBLICLY to take a stand - to lead. Part of what a Presidents role is about is to be that front focal point for the club - why have them if they're never seen and can't lead?

When an issue demands a response its more than words...I shouldnt have to explain that.

Applying your logic - the AFL, media, heck whoever wants to are free to screw us over whenever they like and we have no right of reply publicly....other than "win a flag"???

Thats lame IMO - and with 1 flag in 100 yrs.....our "responses" have been few and far between.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Teflon wrote:

There's your answer.

Don't necessarily disagree with what you're saying Tef, but truth is it's always difficult to know what the outcome will be.

We've just had the summer from hell. Every media outlet was getting stuck into us. And what happens when Nick tries to take a stand about it? The media just mocks him and goes harder.

Unfortunately there's nothing that gives me confidence that a more vigorous approach from the Prez or the club would give us the result we're looking for.
Who would go us "hard" if we had come out at the time Maguire started his crusade for "better crowd behaviour" and made a statement supporting Milne for being called a rapist and registering our disgust of such behaviour?

its got the point at games now where this "chant"is acceptable beahviour.

Soemtimes "saying nothing" is worse - and much more than words.

“Yeah….nah””
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Personally I think the hall of fame is a bit silly but.....Milne is a potential AFL hall of famer after he retires.

One of the greatest small forwards to ever play the game. he'll have well over 500 goals.

The 'r*pist' comment from some opposition fans is laughable. No basis in fact.

It is the sort of thing yelled by Essendon and Collingwood dumb-*sses who are not capable of logical thought.

It is a FACT however that Hurley bashed a taxi-driver senseless!

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
Behind Play
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Teflon wrote:

There's your answer.

Our players did have the summer from hell, with untruth, after untruth, after untruth being hurled at them. With players being humiliated on social media, with a player being verbally and physically attacked in the street and bloody not one word from our President. He is there to represent the club and yes the media may give us a hard time if he were to make a statement, however, that will only occur a couple of times. If he shows we mean business, such as Eddie does, and that the club will no longer tolerate the crap thrown at it or its players, we will gain the respect.