We are on 18 points (4 wins and a draw). If we....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Has to be one of the most entertaining threads in a long time, some great vortex's going

I love this club
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:Has to be one of the most entertaining threads in a long time, some great vortex's going
From Wikipedia:

"A vortex can be seen in the spiraling motion of air or liquid around a center of rotation"

Nice use of grammar Stillwaiting :)

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

The plural of vortex is vortices although vortexes is accepted as well.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:Has to be one of the most entertaining threads in a long time, some great vortex's going
i agree. i have not been abused in over 3 hours now. where is joffa and pav? im bored.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
From Wikipedia:

"A vortex can be seen in the spiraling motion of air or liquid around a center of rotation"

Nice use of grammar Stillwaiting :)
or in a ss thread that keeps increasing in size and depth :)

I love this club
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:The plural of vortex is vortices although vortexes is accepted as well.
And of course even if vortexs was correct it should have been vortexs and not vortex's.

Looks like I was too quick off the mark in congratulating Stillwaiting :oops:

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
InkerSaint wrote:The plural of vortex is vortices although vortexes is accepted as well.
And of course even if vortexs was correct it should have been vortexs and not vortex's.

i thought the grammer Nazi's were hiding in the other thread. :D

I love this club
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Isnt grammar with an A.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Isnt grammar with an A.
And shouldnt that have a question mark you idiot?

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Isnt grammar with an A.
probably is a gooder way to spell it

I love this club
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
i agree. i have not been abused in over 3 hours now. where is joffa and pav? im bored.
Shouldn't that be 'where are joffa and pav?'
:)

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
I is here - F**K Off :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Aren't Byes fun.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
saintdooley wrote:

That should be" I am here - f*** off please :D

I love this club
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

And I thought the Luke Bloody Ball thread got a tad nasty!

St Nick

joffaboy wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
Over on Bigfooty, tricking the swear filter will get you a yellow card!!!

SainterSoul
Club Player

Tanking games should not be an option - EVER! Need to promote a winning culture, and "tanking" will not provide that.

St Nick

SainterSoul wrote:Tanking games should not be an option - EVER! Need to promote a winning culture, and "tanking" will not provide that.
That is CRAP. Collingfilth TANKED in 2005 which netted them Dale Thomas and Scott Pendlebury. Even Collingfilth supporters admit that.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

St Nick wrote:
SainterSoul wrote:Tanking games should not be an option - EVER! Need to promote a winning culture, and "tanking" will not provide that.
That is CRAP. Collingfilth TANKED in 2005 which netted them Dale Thomas and Scott Pendlebury. Even Collingfilth supporters admit that.
you ought to know

SainterSoul
Club Player

Collingwood were rebuilding throughout that period - not sure I clasify that as tanking. Do you think we tanked to pick up Roo and Kosi?

Early draft picks help, but they are not the solution. A winning culture has a massive impact on a team. For instance, the Hawks are playing with a belief in their team at the moment. One could even argue the Cats last week were decimated and it made no difference.

St Nick

bigcarl wrote:
St Nick wrote:
you ought to know
Do you think I'm a Collingfilth supporter??

SainterSoul
Club Player

St Nick wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
St Nick wrote:
you ought to know
Do you think I'm a Collingfilth supporter??
Isn't it obvious that he does?

St Nick

SainterSoul wrote:Collingwood were rebuilding throughout that period - not sure I clasify that as tanking. Do you think we tanked to pick up Roo and Kosi?

Early draft picks help, but they are not the solution. A winning culture has a massive impact on a team. For instance, the Hawks are playing with a belief in their team at the moment. One could even argue the Cats last week were decimated and it made no difference.
They were not rebuilding, they deliberately tanked. Played the youngsters and put everyone in for season ending surgery.

St Nick

Go ahead and ask me any obsure question about St Kilda from say the year 1971 until current day. More than likely I will be able to answer it

SainterSoul
Club Player

St Nick wrote:
SainterSoul wrote:Collingwood were rebuilding throughout that period - not sure I clasify that as tanking. Do you think we tanked to pick up Roo and Kosi?

They were not rebuilding, they deliberately tanked. Played the youngsters and put everyone in for season ending surgery.
Their team from the early 2000s had their shot, they were never going to win a GF. Obviously in your eyes it's a thin line between a team tanking and a team seeing who is going to be part of their future.