Luke Bloody Ball

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:Interesting. The last few posts reveal, yet again, that the hatred some continue to display towards Ball is closely linked to their undying obsessive hatred of GT.
Honestly, the worst poster on SS.

YOU are the only poster I see who constantly turns every discussion into a GT debate. Even your thinly disguised attacks on Lyon ALWAYS carry the undertow of "what would GT have done...?" FFS - He's GAWN.

Truly remarkable trash - and you set the bar for trash...

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
meher baba wrote:And here was me thinking it was simply a case of our wanting to free up money to pay Lovett and thereby offering Ball as little as we thought we could get away with because nobody else would want him (and we really only wanted him as a backup). And then getting the shock of our lives when it turned out that a glamour club was feting him, saw him as a potential star for them, and was prepared to pay him more (or, at least, about the same $$$, but on terms that were much more favourable to him).
That's exactly the way I saw it.

He was a 'required player'. Required but not essential. The player St Kilda saw as essential was Andrew Lovett and the respective contracts offered reflected that. I also believe that St Kilda thought the contract negotiations would be one way traffic and approached it that way.
If that was the case then when St Kilda knew there were other clubs sniffing they could simply have revised the offer. They didnt.

Ball, to Lyon and co, was worth what we offered - the previous days of $600k contracts under previous administration would not be offered again - I agree with that as his output certainly did not warrant it.

Im amazed at the "rose colored glasses" applied to Balls last few years with us - his worth was often questioned as his impact on games had diminished to a point where sides played attacking mids on him in a run-off capacity. Pies can cover that - we cant.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
Teflon wrote:
markp wrote:Lyon stated that there was a million dollar plus contract on the table that Ball walked away from, I don't recall this being contradicted by the Ball camp... I'd call that 'required'... this shyte really does belong on the oppo forum.
Thanks.

Getting tired talking to Dodg about "required".

$1m is "required".
Man, I don't know why you need to get nasty. Calling me s*** like dodgy is totally unneccessary.
Dodg is a term of endearment round here.

Grow some skin FFS.

“Yeah….nah””
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

tony74 wrote:
tony74 wrote:
tony74 wrote:Gee I'm really glad I began this post!!! I promise no more. I'll just comment on training news.
I repeat!!!
For the third and final time !!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But thanks SainterK and Saints43 for being so polite!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

FFS this is still the top thread on the main board

(and do i didnt bump it)